2011.06.06 TRIAL Day Eleven (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are defense attorneys usually this rude to expert witnesses? I am asking a serious question.

Must...not...say...something...bad.:maddening:

JB is badgering the witness about whether or not he gets royalties if his invention is sold.

Everytime JB does a cross-exam of a recognized expert my nerves jump, I grit my teeth, and I want to scream. Sometimes I groan, loudly. Is this wrong? LOL

No, my friend, you have a lot of company! :banghead:

Insignificant royalty is possible.

His tone is accustory and malicious

So, according to Baez, Dr. Vass is lying in order to sell some device to police departments? What?? (Keyboard is now unplugged)

Well, as sweet as Dr Vass is - he is certainly putting Mr Baaaeeezz in his place isn't he? :floorlaugh:

Baez back to questioning Dr. Vass on the Labrador machine and if he receives royalties if the machine is sold....same thing he questioned him on during the Frye hearing.

Mr. Baez are you being paid to represent your client or are you doing this out of the goodness of your heart?

Dr. Vass is doing an excellent job of answering Baez's questions. Baez trying to impeach his testimony based on financial interest. Dr. Vass is saying he has no control over whether the lab decides to pursue patents or decides to sell the inventions.

Vass: t royalties r split between t inventors, yes

Baez is attacking Dr Vass and not the evidence Dr Vass testified to. If I were a juror, this would annoy me a lot, because I would be thinking: can you, the DT, refute his testimony or not? if yes, then attack his actual testimony or stop wasting my time.

graspingatstraws.jpg

Witness just slapped JB...nope I did it on my own time! Ha ha ha ha!

In my research department at a major University, when our research scientists invent something, the University files a patent, which lists the scientist (s) as the inventor. A small portion of the royalities are provided to the inventor based on the usage of the patents. The University takes the majority of the money. These research scientists are interested in science for the greater public knowledge. They aren't looking to make $ off it. At my University, they pretty much just want to support their students and further science as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela