2011.06.06 TRIAL Day Eleven (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO but if Dr. Vass makes money for the sale of this invention it's a GOOD thing for the credibility of the science because if it didn't work properly and didn't help in solving crimes and finding bodies there would be very few sold and no money earned. So, it's in his best interest to develop a functional item.

JB going into chemical breakdown issues with Dr. Vass and garbage

Oh my, I have missed the ENTIRE morning up until this point and I can see that Dr. Vass is frustrated. How long has JB been insulting, err i mean questioning Dr. Vass?

Amazing how LKB was just talking about the component make-up of the carpet on HLN at lunchtime.....

Does anybody remember the potential juror that has narcolepsy?

It's contagious and I now have it too but it only kicks in when JB is cross examining witnesses. I feel so sorry for this jury. Coming back after lunch and listening to this day after day is so painful. At least I can go and nap or get up and walk around.

Wish I could get a screen shot! The looks on Dr. Vass' face during testimony...I think he is having to sit on his hands during this cross.

JB demeanor is almost frightening as he poses this line of questioning down to the aggressive way he just itched his nose and stared at Dr. Vass while he did it.

bbm

You can catch more bee's with honey, than with vinegar

He knows the chemical breakdown of a dead body. That's all that's relevant here.

what I find interesting during all this, as I watch day after day is Casey seems to have mentally disappeared from the proceedings.

But isn't it interesting how she 'comes back' after the jury leaves? :waitasec:

Is it just me, or does JB not listen to the answers to his questions?

And he cannot phrase a question properly to save himself.

"Did you not..." instead of "Did you..."

"Can you not..." instead of "Can you"

"What you did was...." instead of "Did you...."

He's clearly trying to confuse the witness and the jury. Neither of which are stupid.

JB is trying to argue that there was a body in the Sunfire.. but this goes completely against his OS. The jury will remember.

Any word of the jurors during this cross? I wonder how they're doing, and if they're taking notes...?

Do expert witnesses get paid to testify in these type of cases?

At least he's questioning the science now and not outright attacking the guy.

Dr. Vass is getting annoyed.....Welcome to the club Dr.

here's a question I'm not sure anyone can answer but wouldn't there be a chemical released that is COMPLETELY unique to human decomposition itself? Like the specific chemical compound that makes up the smell that everyone says is totally unique to the smell of human decomp? Follow me?

ETA: And that chemical wouldn't be present if no human decomp happened there?

You know that air is free flowing

You did your comparisons from air that was there a month later.

You know, Jose, it's very interesting that the carpet samples still had all that decomp a month later, even though air flows freely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela