2011.06.06 TRIAL Day Eleven (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
People smoke pot, eat raw hamburger with bags over their heads, and then go into a field with divining rods to look for trash. Thus, the air samples are contaminated.

Honestly people, pay attention! ;)

Sorry for not assisting with the trial posting for the last 15 minutes - I was plucking my eyebrows to sort of balance my pain....

I tried that and it did not work....so I took a spoon to my eye. Feel much better now.

Vass leaving sidebar now.

Sorry for not assisting with the trial posting for the last 15 minutes - I was plucking my eyebrows to sort of balance my pain....

No problemo! I took up your slack...your turn to post, and I will go have a smoke with my volume on full blast and the garage slightly open! :floorlaugh:

Let us all remember that we have re-direct coming after this. We will be rewarded for our TOS-respect when JA gets back up and clears out all the cobwebs. Whether that's tonight or tomorrow morning, it doesn't matter.

Mantra: "Re-direct... re-direct... re-direct...."

(And an aside as long as we're at another sidebar: the THC residue was found on paper towels inside the white garbage bag that was retrieved from the dumpster. TL and his roomies affirmed in depos that they partook of the ganja. Paper towels are often used to clean out the bowls of pipes and to wipe down the "pokers" used to scrape residue off the edges of said pipes...)

Is this 'aside' an 'expert opinion'........praying I don't get a TO.......:crazy:

Let us all remember that we have re-direct coming after this. We will be rewarded for our TOS-respect when JA gets back up and clears out all the cobwebs. Whether that's tonight or tomorrow morning, it doesn't matter.

(And an aside as long as we're at another sidebar: the THC residue was found on paper towels inside the white garbage bag that was retrieved from the dumpster. TL and his roomies affirmed in depos that they partook of the ganja. Paper towels are often used to clean out the bowls of pipes and to wipe down the "pokers" used to scrape residue off the edges of said pipes...)

thank you so much for this fascinating information on the care and maintenance of a ganja pipe! (bob marley music always makes me so happy!) i will find that helpful somehow..... ;-p

Control samples are those which are taken away from the area of interest for a comparative purpose. For instance- if there is a chemical spill; you take a sample of the actual spill, Then take a control sample which is in the same general spot with the same environmental conditions but is not contaminated with other items which would not be present in the actual sample of the spill.
Does that make sense?
I do hope that the SA makes that distinction.
JB is quite ignorant of science and scientific method. IMO.

Bong water alternately Brownie

JB was being snide. He's trying to allude that his "database" is much like a divining rod.

I have a few choice words for Mr. JB. But to repeat any of them on this board would get me banned.

grumble grumble shaking fist.

So I am a jury member and I just heard false positives can be caused by etc..etc..etc.. unless it is a crime scene.. So false positives cannot be caused at a crime scene because it is a crime scene?

Um no ... so what I heard VASS say (in jury tone) is false positives dont matter at a crime scene.

Not good. Why JB didnt jump on why false positive can show up in a 40 acre feild and not a crime scene with the same compontents it beyound me.

I hope the jurors didn't misunderstand what Dr. Vass said as well!

He said you have to collect samples at a crime scene because it is the crime scene that needs to be sampled (assuming the criminal did not care about where the future CSI folks would collect comparative samples, and chose to commit the crime in a non-clean location).'

it's standard. The samples come as they are, while the locations you choose are chosen deliberately.

If I were on the jury, I'd be exhausted right about now. My brain wouldn't be able to absorb anything at this point.

God Bless DR Vass......I have stopped listening at this point!! I don't know how the good DR can keep his frustration under control!

I think he counts the lights on the ceiling during sidebars, which helps him keep his composure. ;) Seriously, I don't know how he does it, he has a very calm demeanor. I would have lost it by now for sure.

Every time Baez gains a little traction, he slides right back to where he started because he doesn't know what he's doing. Sims would have done far better crossing Dr Vass, IMO.

I don't know, she's such a low talker....she almost whispers and that makes no impact.

Doesn't Vass use a tool to find graves that JB likes to call a divining rod?

Got this info off answers.com......

According to the website of Columbia University's Health Services:

Marijuana itself does not "stay" in your system, but the main chemical in marijuana, THC, does. It fact, it may stay in your system forever because it is stored in fatty tissues of various organs.

Despite being stored in body fat, THC is only detectable for a certain amount of time. Many drug tests, including urine tests, look for 9-carboxy-THC which is the by-product of your body metabolizing the THC in your fat.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_long_does_marijuana_stay_in_your_system#ixzz1OWlaWqhS

Well, I'm glad you didn't get that off Facebook or Wikipedia.

JimLichtenstein

Juror 15 (the one that looks like my friend Kirsten, not that that helps you much) wins the note taking award. #caseyanthony
1 minute ago via Twitter for iPad

Bill Sheaffer also says that if this was not a death penalty case, JP would not entertain a 10th of the sidebars.

Even though they are annoying - if this is what it takes to avoid a mistrial - then that's what we gotta do, I guess.

JB, stop playing...We are tired! We been here all day playing LAWYER with you, don't you have some other friends you can play with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3