2011.06.06 TRIAL Day Eleven (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, there is no WAY the jury is going to believe that this man is not an expert or well versed in human decomposition. i don't care what JB says at this point.

"Do you have an opinion on this?" JA

"I can find no other plausible explanation to explain all of the results we found" (human decomposition in samples, Vass)

Baex attacking Vass's curriculum vitae again. OOPs, Baez used an old copy, what a surprise.

Baez just makes himself look dumb trying to attack this mans credentials.

Seriously? Would love to see that. Amazing that they can diffentiate the decompositional odour between two different mammals.

What was the basis that he said he differentiated between the two?

He is a world renowned expert and he is published, you should research him a little.

Pssst...JB, I sometimes say that I am a housewife. Doesn't mean that's ALL I am.

Jurors have been taking notes and appear to be following along with Dr. Vass. #CaseyAnthony -fell

I can find no other plausible explanation other than that (there was a human body decomposing in the trunk) to explain our findings.

Me either. Or me neither. Or yes, Little Bitty emphatically agrees. :rocker:

Dr. Vass: If you leave here today and walk down the street you will encounter many odors...each of those odors is comprised of dozens of chemicals. A rose may have 12 chemcials that make up that fragrance. Trash may have 20 chemicals that make up that odor. There could be cross odorization (Little Bitty made this word up) between the rose and the trash. in the car sample there were 51 individual compounds. 41 of those were related to decomp. Some of the others were related to gasoline (think gas cans peeps). So they elimated those compounds. And then they elimated other chemicals from their CONTROL sample. They looked at the trash, garage air, stuff that would have been in the car already. That left 16 compunds. of those 16, 7 of those are significant. of the huge number of compounds...on a list, they paired it down to 30 (when it comes to a human being)...gasoline in the trunk confused stuff. Just because gasoline overlapped with the decomp doesn't mean that the decomp compounds are not there.

Thanks for this post....have sound muted...can't take JB and his BS.

I am BEYOND happy Dr. V explained it this way....it's how I hoped he would...it's the way I always gave an analogy when I had to do seminars on flavors.....not decomp, though.

Seriously? Squirrel and human's give off a different chemical odour? What would you know.

Side note: I am not sure if the jury are going to like this cross-examination of Vaas.

Sorry - I meant as they decomposed!

Dr. Vass did an excellent job at making sure to identify the co-authors as "Dr."...as JB didn't.

Nice that JB screwed up and referreed to Dr. Vass in third person.

Vass: I've never posted a facebook post, period.

:floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member