2011.06.06 TRIAL Day Eleven (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What did that question mean? How many compounds have you developed that discuss this...? I've never heard of compounds discussing.

Just logged on to view the cross - I knew it would be annoying - first thing I hear is the wikipedia reference and now the financial interest.

"contraptions" :banghead:

Really, REALLY trying to restrain myself.

Why is JB questioning? It should be DS no?

JB w/Dr. V
not a chemist....can't comment on something you don't know

Bach. biology in administrating justice, masters anthropology, PhD not listed, Dr. V updated w/new curriculum vitae...

2 co-authors - Dr. Martin - physist, Mark Wise - analylical chemist... Dr. V put down research scientist.......

consult w/Dr. Wise.....area expertise chemistry....last time took course in 1980's during clinical ....have you ever held yourself out as chemist? I don't think I have ever have.....FB account lists you...object -

Wikipedia explaination? Never submitted FB account or wikipedia...never auth. anyone from Body Farm list as bio-chemist? Object

Make money on this?
Done over course of career - buried remains - one of them

comprised built data base....use to come to conclusions....peer review publications is what used.....

research develop comprise this data base.....478 of them mention this data base....buried 4 bodies in 2004....set up contraptions discussed....measure what comes out ground from body.

@ the body interface....moving up the soil column.....17 days

some missed....data base not turned over to defense? (object- Sidebar)

Baez calling all of this hi-tech equipment "contraptions".......ok

Cross examination of Dr. Arpad Vass by JB.

He is not a chemist, not an analytical chemist, not a bio chemist.

On his cv - b.s. in biology, masters in criminal justice. PhD in anthropology. He stated that was an omission on his prior CV and has updated it since.

His report is a forensic report - co -author Dr. Martin - physicist and Dr. Wise - an analytical chemist. Under his name he put research scientist, not anthropologist. He consults with Dr. Vass because his area of expertise is chemistry. Dr. Vass's last chemistry class would have been in the eighties. He has never allowed people to think he is a chemist.

Has he read a Facebook post saying he is a bio-chemist. He has never posted anything on Facebook. He has never submitted anything to Wiki. He has never authorized Oakridge Lab to hold him out as a chemist.

He does not have a financial interest in this case.

Two papers he relies on comprise and built a database. The peer publication is what he uses to render his opinions. The database was used to present the data in the publications.

The database consists of 478 chemical compounds. They buried 4 bodies (2004 paper), set up instruments to measure what was generated at the body, what was moving up the soil and what was being liberated at the surface of the soil. It took 17 days for the chemicals that are generated at the body to migrate up through the soil column to the surface.

JB asked if the database was turned over to the defense.

Sidebar #4 or 5?

Baez saying that Vass hasn't turned his database over to the defense. JA asks to approach bench, Judge agrees.

Wasn't it JB who, during jury selection, kept asking potential jurors if they would hold the testimony of "regular" people equal to the testimony of experts?

Dr. Vass is coming across SO knowledgeable that I don't think I'd care if he had a degree in anything as long as he actually knew his stuff.

I hope Mr. Baez's large flip chart is not blocking the view of ICA from the jury...

May I ask a stupid question? I'm following along today -- do I need to refresh my page when I get to the end? Or do the pages refresh by themselves? I'm at the end of Page 6 and I'm not getting any new posts and/or pages added. I don't want to refresh if its going to slow down this forum...

Thank you all!

Cindy B in ATL

Does JB even know what any of this means? I think he is just trying to slander Dr. Voss and not really explain anything.

MO

His is voice is hostile....(Baez) His voice grates on my nerves. He acts like he lives in Casey's world. The way she talked to her parents in that jail house visit that she was the victim. It was everyones fault but her own...

She is rubbing on on him !!!! I feel sorry for the prosecution witness. The man has an axe to grind for all the wrong reason....

Charleyann

As an English composition teacher - Vass gets an A for no Facebook and Wikipedia, and Baez gets an F thinking he can possibly taint Vass's reputation with either of those!

JB should make more of his objections at the side-bar. Ashton is good at keeping his objections away from the jury and not giving the impression that he is trying to keep information away from the jury.

:eek::eek: Who does the "wrinkled" paper board belong to ? ?

Got to be the DT . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member