2011.06.07 Sidebar (Trial Day Twelve)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, bear with me, I'm trying to catch up on WS's 3 yrs of docs in 3 weeks!
iirc (in links within WS site) KC borrowed the shovel to dig up imaginary root and there was a location in the back yard (in July, 2008) located by LE that some recent digging had been done. I was wondering the proximity of the imaginary root/digging in relation to where the dog hit. Meaning, was it in close proximity if KC were to lay poor Caylee's body for a short period of time?

I will try to locate what I have previously read as to the description of the backyard, including anything referencing the pavers. I do believe there was a reference to the pavers.

You're asking the wrong person, Egnarts. I know next to nothing about this case, apart from what I am learning in trial.

Sorry.

Wait until the stain in the trunk is outlined for the jury by the tech who saw her little image in the stain....you can see her little toenails and fingernails....like the shroud of turin....

I wonder when the jurors will be brought to tears?

I seriously doubt it will be the same as when kc feels the need to cry (unless she feels she needs to or has been cued to do so)
I just went and looked at the crime scene pics. I am so shocked and horrified. She put her child there in that damp, dank place, a baby...

How can she face ANYONE?

Mountain_Kat, your post really makes a lot of sense. You know what, I think JB really shot himself in the foot with his drowning theory. He really did.

No really Baez only needed to ask that witness that one question to get the witness to say what he wanted him to say. He did get him to say it but then Baez felt froggy and lept one lily pad to far and his fly got away.

Baez doesnt even need to brush most of what he is brushing away.

He needs to cause reasonable doubt and until today with the last witness he was knocking a bit out of it slowly but surely.

Well obviously I don't agree completely with you on Baez chipping away on reasonable doubt, I think he could have come into this with saying there was an accident and his client, scared, panicked and tried to cover it up.

Instead he came in with a *advertiser censored* & bull story that was impossible to believe and proceeds to make KC look evil incarnate. Just for good measure he fights the K9 evidence that puts a dead Caylee in the back yard. Stands to reason no matter what happened accident or murder she would move her via the trunk. There is no doubt at all this attorney is inexperienced and ego driven and has done a disservice to his client.

No reasonable doubt for me Baez has made her look guilty of something, it's all about degree now. Negligence or murder.

Mountain_Kat, your post really makes a lot of sense. You know what, I think JB really shot himself in the foot with his drowning theory. He really did.

Well, in all fairness, this theory might have worked. IF we didn't have ample evidence that ICA partied like it's 1999 after her daughter "accidentally drown". JB HAD to have some way to explain that to this jury. Enter the ridiculous molestation trauma response. No one is buying that imo. Another problem? Ample evidence that she put her daughter, a drowning victim, in the trunk of her car and drove around with it in there until the stench could knock over a horse. How do you explain THAT?! GA put Caylee in the trunk of the car. It's ridiculous. Beyond ridiculous. Anyone can see that this man is in agony over the death of his grand daughter. More to the point, why WOULD GA put his grand daughter's body in the trunk of his daughter's car, and then instruct his daughter to drive around until the smell became unbearable.

The entire story is just...well, I can't even find a word to describe how stupid it is.

I've been following this case since 7-17-08. My youngest son's 1st birthday and the dy the news Caylee had been missing for a month came out. I've never been able to understand Casey at all & the more I read about the trial the less I can!
If my little one was missing THIRTY ONE minutes I would raise more heck than anyone can imagine. Ugh. So many adjectives come to mind, all would give me a time out I am sure.

LKB (with her new face) keeps showing up on my tv trying to spin the Defense's (silly) story. In fact, she's on HLN right now throwing RoyK into the mix. VinnieP has been trying real hard to be impressed by JB, but Vinnie is saying this is a ridiculous defense theory. LKB says all this is a mystery, isn't it, that keeps getting bigger. Dream on LKB.

I just thought introducing dog pictures as evidence was a bit too thin. :)

Wise move angeleleven...She is doing her usual thing :floorlaugh:

I wish Vinnie would get Nejame on to talk to her - he has such a calm voice in contrast to her screaming screeching crap. And have him simply ask her: what does JB have to present as the proof of molestation. And doesn't the jail tape of her saying George was the best Dad and Grandfather refute any possible claim. Lord, I can't take her.

ETA: Better yet, stop having her on the show. Any show. And Padilla too.

They are diabolical. I must admit, I think KC is more intelligent than JB. I had to quit watching the trial because I can't stand stupid people, and JB fits that description perfectly. Why is he in charge of almost ALL of the cross examinations? Seems to me he should have saved some money to keep Linda Baden. It's pitiful. IMO

Well since your going there. DH and I watch HLN when we come home from work to get the summary. Now keep in mind DH has been following this case all along, just not on WS and has a very strong opinion as to guilt. We also have a beautiful 3 yr old GD. He's very analytical and I do value his opinion.

That being said...tonight his comment was "I have to say this trial would not be so entertaining given there is a dead child, if it weren't for the ineptitude of Baez."

Wonder what the Jury thinks?

Thank you Harmony2! You are always a wealth of information! I appreciate it!

:yourock:

Those were my thoughts exactly. Well, perhaps not "exactly", afterall, I'm not a chemist. ;)

One thing that has never been clear to me, though...when they are talking about samples, scrapping, etc. being taken from the spare tire cover, were these taken from the inside of the tire cover, or the outside? I've never been able to get a lock on that. And it does matter to me.

The scrapings for the volatile fatty acids were taken from the carpet side of the tire cover ( refer to pg. 3 and 12 of the link below)... the bi-products of making chloroform were found from taking scrapings from the tire well (page 7 of link)

http://www.wesh.com/download/2009/0619/19801995.pdf

When Cindy testified about driving to Universal to see Casey, did she say she no longer believed Casey had a job there? Or just wanted to confront Casey about where Caylee was? If it's the first, what made her suddenly not think she worked there?

LKB (with her new face) keeps showing up on my tv trying to spin the Defense's (silly) story. In fact, she's on HLN right now throwing RoyK into the mix. VinnieP has been trying real hard to be impressed by JB, but Vinnie is saying this is a ridiculous defense theory. LKB says all this is a mystery, isn't it, that keeps getting bigger. Dream on LKB.

I watched what you just did too..In fact Vinnie was holding both hands over his mouth and nose stiffling a reaction to been seen and heard..He obviously isnt buying what LKB is selling..but he is a Show Host and has to show respect for her (LKB)..but his reaction spoke the unspoken to me..Course I will admit I am Biased:floorlaugh:

Can anyone point me to the video and timeframe of KC's anger at JB today? When he walked away from her in midsentence? I just can't seem to find it - I've been at work and missed it. Thanks in advance!

I was trying to understand why the defense would fight the dogs hitting on the backyard so hard when it goes with their theory of drowning - then I realized if they didn't argue the backyard hits then they couldn't argue against the hits in the Pontiac.

Like, hmm, I don't know... ZANNY?

Well, in all fairness, this theory might have worked. IF we didn't have ample evidence that ICA partied like it's 1999 after her daughter "accidentally drown". JB HAD to have some way to explain that to this jury. Enter the ridiculous molestation trauma response. No one is buying that imo. Another problem? Ample evidence that she put her daughter, a drowning victim, in the trunk of her car and drove around with it in there until the stench could knock over a horse. How do you explain THAT?! GA put Caylee in the trunk of the car. It's ridiculous. Beyond ridiculous. Anyone can see that this man is in agony over the death of his grand daughter. More to the point, why WOULD GA put his grand daughter's body in the trunk of his daughter's car, and then instruct his daughter to drive around until the smell became unbearable.

The entire story is just...well, I can't even find a word to describe how stupid it is.

I know how incredibly frustrated this case is making you feel at times.
I can't speak for everyone that has followed this case religiously since July 16 2008.
You comments are a breath of fresh air to me! I got the facts slowly over days and through huge document dumps. Trying to muddle through the the chaos was at times mind boggling.
Now that. is being presented in a more managed fashion, to hear your intelligent take on what has been presented to you makes me confident that justice for Caylee will prevail! Hang in there your views are more appreciated than you can imagine!:twocents:

:great: *PLEASE THANK THIS POST TO SHOW YOUR APPRECIATION TO Mountain Kat !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member