2011.06.07 TRIAL Day Twelve (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There we go... JB mentions that "the dog" has no financial interest. Does not get a paycheck!

Heh, so he was supposed to go over the department's regulation and independently follow a dog training guide to video. Gotcha.

[JB DID mention that the dog doesn't get a pay check!]

I am sorry, but JB is making me nauseous. He is so defensive toward the witnesses and his inferences are stupid and getting so old. jmo Why doesn't he just spit it out and ask the questions? jmo

I bet this case is going to change the way a LOT of LE practices are done.

Baez: You had a situation where you knew there was no body in that car. Forgey: It was just a vehicle in question.

by oscaseyanthony via twitter at 3:04 PM

WHY is Baez fighting the notion that a cadaver dog would hit in the yard? Didn't Baez already say the baby died in the backyard? I do not understand where he is going.

That is because HE doesn't....:waitasec:

WHY is Baez fighting the notion that a cadaver dog would hit in the yard? Didn't Baez already say the baby died in the backyard? I do not understand where he is going.

I know. The only point I am thinking of here is where exactly in the yard did the dog alert in comparison to the swimming pool? How near was it.

I am guessing that JB wants the jury to believe that Caylee died and GA instantly swept her up and out of there...

OH snap......JB just quoted exactly what I said jokingly....that I bet JB would question the dog about his financial motive.

Laughing too hard right now.

JB...get off of WS and do your job!!

Quote THAT!

Some of you who were around for Frye hearings will remember a long, drawn out argument from Baez over double blind testing.
by Gabe Travers/WESH.com at 3:05 PM

Baez is asking repeatedly why the search of the car was not video taped. Forgey said it's not standard nor required to do so.
by oscaseyanthony via twitter at 3:05 PM

The dogs are being bribed by their handlers! lol They are in on the framing of ICA too! I knew it!

Now Baez is talking like he is Caesar Milan....questioning the training and praise methods.

If it's not SOP, JB is barking up the wrong tree as far as the video goes, no matter what somebody else says. It's a departmental issue.

Right, the county's policy is NOT to video the search. Baez is trying to bring doubt because a well-known trainer (that the k-9 officer trained under) recommends taping searches for possible use at trial.

Baez is claiming the training is not training for the dog, but training the handler. He brought all this up at the Frye hearings.

Now, JB claims the handler has knowledge ahead of time to where the "finds" are in the training.

Jeff Williamson of OCSO says Gerus was retired in 2010 because of a degenerative spinal condition. "Although a bit slow these days, Gerus is alive and in fairly good health," Williamson says.

by Jeff Cousins/WESH.com at 3:06 PM

KBelichWFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV
Jury reaction is mixed with Baez cross examination.. Some look bored some are listening intently

Baez: The dog is trying to please you, correct?

So is he going to say or imply that the dog will 'hit' just for praise?

Now the benefit of LDB's substantial foundaton comes to the fore. The jury already knows that they don't just throw a dog out there willy-nilly and hope for the best.

I have just about had it with "<modsnip>He is not defending ICA he is putting witnesses on trial... he is treating each one like it is a conspiracy against this poor mother.. I just can't take it!!!!!!!![/B]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bman1986