2011.06.11 Sidebar (Trial Day Sixteen)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure where to put this.. just re-watching Dorothy Simms questioning Lee A. (day 18 of the trial).
Is this the only time she has questioned a witness so far?

I have been going back and watching some of the science days that I have missed. I just have to ask what in the world the DT was doing for the last three years that they would come in and ask so many questions that they obviously did not know the answer to before asking? It is like they didn't find out everything they could about this evidence. There were questions that I never would have asked in there, and I certainly wouldn't ask anything that I didn't know for 100% certain would help my client. Seems like they are shoveling dirt on her grace as fast as the state to me.

Just wanted to give a HUGE THANK-YOU to every one who posted in the trial threads this week due to some IRL events i could not follow along. Thanks to you all i'm now officially caught up.

I will say that during my marathon read today i had some explaining to do to my family why i was in fits of laughter following a murder trial. I was actually starting to worry i was picking up some ICA traits as i was in tears one minute due to the testimony and then ROFL soon after (that was JB's stellar pictionary moment).

Anyways just wanted you to know how appreciative i was of all of your efforts. Felt like i never missed an important moment. Your sentiments for Caylee shined through and your commentary that lightened the moments during this emotionally sensitive testimony was most welcomed.

Justice is finally coming for CAYLEE!!! SA witness have been impressive and really telling her story loud and clear. WS members have been stellar and firmly holding Caylee in their hearts.... thank you

excuse the typos as i'm sure there are many as well as grammatical errors. I believe i have been reading here since breakfast my eyes hurt..lol.. Hmmm now i'm going to worry i'm also picking up some of JB's traits... ah the iorny...

Cindy's signals on June 11, 2011

YouTube - ‪Casey Anthony: Murder Trial - Part 6 - 6/11/11‬‏

2:10 Cindy takes glasses off rubs arms of glasses around eyes, puts a finger across bridge of her nose - doing umpire hand motions

2:11 hands on nose

2:25 glass arms moved around her eyes

Casey Anthony: Murder Trial - Part 6 - 6/11/11

Cindy is signaling something to the defense table starting at the 1:40 mark June 11, 2011

As I am convinced that Cindy is communicating with the Defense new attorney Lisabeth Fryer -- to convey messages to the Inmate -- or to the Inmate's defense team, it looks to me like Cindy is making movements to catch the attention of Lisabeth while the other attorneys are at sidebar, and Cindy seems to signal something with her left hand that looks like a gesture for the #2 or #1 - she puts her finger across the bridge of her nose -- maybe to alert Lisabeth that Cindy has sent her a text or IM on her laptop?

It is definitely a deliberate hand motion of some type, in that Cindy shifts her whole body over to be in eyesight of the defense table, and makes motions with her glasses and fingers.

I do not believe that Casey ever makes eye contact with Cindy, so Cindy's signals are not directly to Casey, rather to the Defense team lawyers.

I do believe Cindy is communicating with Lisabeth F and Sims - maybe when Cindy thinks she has something important to interject about the current testimony? The previous video in this series for June 11, 2011, witness Ron Murdock is talking about the photos of the Anthony garage and sheds and Casey and Caylee bedrooms, the gas can, and heart stickers .... so, I'm sure Cindy thinks she had something important to relay to the Inmate's defense team.

For all we know, the touching of nose and rubbing under eyes from CA could be a conscious or subconscious gesture regarding how high up the tape was placed over Caylees sweet face (since the sidebar was about the stickers in evidence).
The part where CA 'strains' to see the DT, the woman in the gallery with the braid moves her head in that direction too.
We also need to keep in mind that pre-glasses, CA often did that rubbing/pinching thing at the bridge of her nose.

I'm not sure if it's deliberate - I'm on the fence. But as a very wise man once told me "if you look at anything for long enough, you'll find fault with it"

JMO

I hope Linda Drane Burdick tells Jose to stop peeking at her notes.

I find it highly unusual that he always stands right beside her at any given chance.
His eyes dart to her notes.
Is he that desperate to figure out what the prosecution has up their sleeves?

I noticed that, too. He has absolutely NO courtroom decorum, whatsoever.:banghead:

I am beginning to wonder if GA and CA are in on this whole defense that JB has come up with. Is GA still maybe going to fall on that sword to save ICAs life?! Are they pretending to be upset with JB in order to obtain the publics support only to actually fool us in the end?!

I'm not smart enough to figure out why this could happen (I am NOT a chemist nor a professional witness of any kind after all), but I keep wondering if CA, GA and the DT (At least JB) are in cahoots. Maybe they have a scheme cooked up and were only making it LOOK like they were no longer behind ICA. Maybe they are leading us all down the wrong path, and in a few weeks KABOOM... they reveal their plan (or, maybe not.)

ICA walks. JB is disbarred (but does not care) and accepts the A's offer to support he and ICA from their book and movie deals, along with sales from their joint venture, the newly formed Iorn Bikinis Company.

Respectfully snipped for brevity.

Are these 2 with the defense or media or merely spectators or?

Yea, I wondered too. She's very pregnant. I saw her there in the morning I think as I made a note they were gone in the afternoon session. I know he had a very expensive, beautifully tailored gray silk suit. Made me wonder who they were?

I'm not smart enough to figure out why this could happen (I am NOT a chemist nor a professional witness of any kind after all), but I keep wondering if CA, GA and the DT (At least JB) are in cahoots. Maybe they have a scheme cooked up and were only making it LOOK like they were no longer behind ICA. Maybe they are leading us all down the wrong path, and in a few weeks KABOOM... they reveal their plan (or, maybe not.)

ICA walks. JB is disbarred (but does not care) and accepts the A's offer to support he and ICA from their book and movie deals, along with sales from their joint venture, the newly formed Iorn Bikinis Company.
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I thought KC said she used the shovel to dig up some bamboo. When did Tracy testify?

The bamboo story came from Cindy. I'm not sure if KC ever claimed that reason too.
Tracy gave a depo and she said she heard KC say she had used the shovel to take the ladder out of the pool in that depo. It took awhile to get Tracy to talk, she lawyered up. That was because she had participated in some tricks to amuse herself and KC. I think Tracy had only one depo taken.

For the life of me, I can't think of her last name at the moment. She may have two last names on record.

So I WAS right after all...the cute girl in the glasses, that was bothered by Caylee's lack of supervision WAS Melissa English!

I thought I was starting to lose it over here. Making up names and everything. :crazy:

No, Melissa English did not wear glasses. I think you're talking about the Congressional aide who was one of the roomate's girlfriends--Tony's roomate, maybe? :confused:

I would like to know why it would take three years for the defense to prepare. These witnesses are only testifying to their depos. WTH? There is nothing new obtained through any testimony.

Jesse G is going to be made to say (for the sake of ICA) how beautiful she is and how much he loved her. He will also testify that she changed during the time he knew her. What a shame they are stuck with this three year old depo! By now, he has seen the light and too late; However, I'm afraid JB will use him to bolster his defense and ICA's ego.

I hope Jesse is strong...it may be rough.

This rings a bell with me for another reason. I swear in testimony or in a deposition Cindy said when they got done with the ladder they put it inside the pool. Then I thought I heard her say she layed it down beside the pool.

As I recall, at trial, CA said she layed the ladder to climb into the pool down beside the pool.
CA also talked about the ladder that is inside the pool and it always stays in the same place - that one is not removed.

The bamboo story came from Cindy. I'm not sure if KC ever claimed that reason too.
Tracy gave a depo and she said she heard KC say she had used the shovel to take the ladder out of the pool in that depo. It took awhile to get Tracy to talk, she lawyered up. That was because she had participated in some tricks to amuse herself and KC. I think Tracy had only one depo taken.

For the life of me, I can't think of her last name at the moment. She may have two last names on record.

I sure do remember cindy saying that. However, didn't Brian B testify casy told him that she needed it to break roots? :banghead:

This happened after or before they broke into the shed. The shed with the shovels was locked and Casey was alone I believe.

I always wondered if Casey and Tony went into the house the day they broke into the shed. I don't think that was mentioned in the depos.

The police report notes that a neighbor saw Casey and a young man with light brown hair, enter the Anthonys' house the afternoon they broke into the shed.:seeya:

This sidebar has gone on so long,I kind of feel like the parents have gone away for the weekend and left the kids in charge...........good time : )

I also have thoroughly enjoyed the thread staying up all weekend- it's almost like the old general discussion threads, and nice to read all the different thoughts everyone is having :)

So I WAS right after all...the cute girl in the glasses, that was bothered by Caylee's lack of supervision WAS Melissa English!

I thought I was starting to lose it over here. Making up names and everything. :crazy:

The girl who was Clint House's girlfriend, was Maria Kesch, and she was the one who noticed Caylee out on the balcony of Tony's apartment while waiting for Clint to get ready to go out. Casey and Tony were in Tony's bedroom and no one was watching Caylee. Maria was reluctant to leave when Clint was ready to go as she was concerned about Caylee being on that balcony.

LOL No.

Troy browns visiting girlfriend lives in Virginia she is the one who Casey might have said something about abuse to when she was 10 and who said Casey hung up the phone and said " I am such a good lair"

I'm certain that Troy's gf has since moved to Boston from Virginia, not that that's a big deal. She met KC during July 2008 for the first time. KC took her around - shopping and out to eat. KC answered her cell phone and made an exuse as to why she couldn't do what the caller was asking her to do. Afterward KC said that she (KC) was such a good liar. I don't recall anything about those two having a discussion about abuse KC may have incurred (that doesn't mean it didn't happen but I don't recall the conversation).

Tracy hasn't testified yet.(not sure she will) but in her interview with LE she (Tracy)talks about the ladder in the pool

Thanks. Is it wrong to say 'testify' when someone gives a depo or a police interview? No, Tracy has not testified at the trial. Thanks for clarifying in case I confused people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member