2011.06.13 Sidebar (Trial Day Seventeen)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just was watching on In Session - legal experts showed the superimposition with Casey and Caylee and duct tape. They believe state and Judge made a huge mistake, and will lend to getting a conviction overturned on appeal.....

Unlike Baez who seemed less than prepared during the State's presentation, I think LDB and JA will have a lot of challenges for whatever the DT puts forth. jmo

I am super worried. They did not establish a connection between KC and the Car or the tape. Why didn't they put George back up to say he never drove the car those 31 days?

How come there was no graph pn the car being with KC the entire time? Did I miss Jesse Grund?

Do they need to establish an airtight connection between Casey and the car? I'm not sure whether or not they could definitively prove that it was with her, although I think they've made a compelling case based on the abandonment of the car. But with Dr. G's testimony that in 100% of drowning cases, 911 is called, regardless of the state of the body, it really undercuts the drowning idea. And with the duct tape, and the 31 days, it seems like that's enough for 1st degree murder, with Casey as the guilty party.

If Caylee drowned, then why not call 911? If GA was the guilty party, and he seems to be the only other possible culprit, then why is Casey out partying? If she's out partying because GA murdered her child with duct tape and she's afraid of him, then why not tell the police, who will protect her? Why sit in jail for 3 years and then "tell the truth" about GA? Logically, I just think there's enough there, even without establishing beyond a doubt who had teh car. And that's not even addressing the manner in which Caylee's body was disposed.

Why no Tim Miller?????/

Probably because no one has given information/evidence yet that the body was not there before Dec 11. They will probably bring Tim in to say that NO the area was not properly searched before then because they lost the ATV and decided that the water was too deep to search at the time and they didn't want to harm her anymore than what was already done.

ETA: In other words, it is pointless before that and after that they will have given JB enough rope to hang himself on his own theory and then the fun stuff will come in.

I hope they close on a strong note at least.

I really think they need to give the jury some evidence that Casey had possession of the Pontiac during those crucial days. I have not seen them do that yet. They put the body in the car, but now they need to put the car in Casey's hands, imo.

IIRC they have had several of ICA's friends, including TL, testify that she had the pontiac, even drove them around in it. The defense kept making the point that her friends did not smell the decomp on 6/20 I believe. So they have established possession. The running out of gas in which both AH and TL assisted ICA at separate times. The neighbor witnessed ICA driving the pontiac and back it into the garage............so I think they have connected ICA to the pontiac from 6/16 through her abandoning it at the Amscott on 6/30. Hope that is the proper recollection FWIW.

A repairman was in my house last week. I mentioned the trial going on and he thought she was guilty. He followed the case a little, but not much.

The repairman told me he was on a jury for a rape case. The guy was guilty, no question about it. The poor rape victim had to get on the stand and re-live that nightmare. There was one hold out on the jury. He refused to deliberate. The hold out juror said the perp said he didn't do it so he believed him. The repairman said they asked the judge what could be done. The judge cursed (something about I'm sick of this ****, etc.) and called a mistrial. The repairman said NO, we don't want a mistrial we just don't know what to do with this juror. It reminded me of the juror who can't judge someone. It gets worse. The repairman ran into one of the cops after the trial and the cop told him there was so much evidence the state did not introduce, including the fact that he was a convicted rapist.

The repairman was livid that they didn't get to hear all the evidence. I asked him what happened to the rapist and he said he didn't know. The judge simply released him and the jury.

I hope the jury doesn't vote 'not guilty' then hold interview after interview and say 'if only we had known [fill in the blank]'.

I have to trust the prosecutors knows what they're doing but I think there is way too much evidence being left out.

IMO

This is painful to read.

Again, I think the State is going to wait until the DT presents its case with either GA or RK moving or disposing - then on rebuttal the State brings in the cell pings and shows just where ICA was! There was no need to present it now - wait until the DT claims have been put out there and then "BAM" - ICA was there. IMHO I think its absolutely brilliant.

is rebuttal the same as cross?????

I ask because if the defense doesn't bring up the pings than the state cannot cross on it let alone have another expert witness..:waitasec:

That is true.... but I'm thinking how quickly LDB could slap each lie down.....leaving ICA sitting there blurting out statements that completely contradict each other because she hasn't had time to think how to weave it in to what's already been said and discern whether it 'fits' or not..

March her straight down to then end of that hallway?

Just was watching on In Session - legal experts showed the superimposition with Casey and Caylee and duct tape. They believe state and Judge made a huge mistake, and will lend to getting a conviction overturned on appeal.....

Consider the source on that one.

They have not placed the murder weapon in ICA's hands. The duct tape.

They have not shown any relationship to that duct tape to Casey Anthony.

They connected the laundrybag, the tape, the trash bags to the Anthony home. Also placed a heart shaped sticker on the tape.

I think I missed it. But the Winnie the Pooh blanket found...and the set collected from the Anthonys home that was missing a blanket. Was that distinction ever made? That the laundry bag MATCHED the one of a set found in teh garage. Was that specific point made?

I can't remember everything from the beginning of the trial, but I think I am missing a "motive". I know the State can bring in rebuttal witnesses to what the Defense puts on. I actually cannot wait to see the DT's case.....

The state was able to establish through both Lee and Amy that Cindy accused Casey of being an unfit mother, that Caylee was Casey's 'mistake,' and that the two women had an adversarial relationship. Lee also testified that Casey told him she wasn't taking them to Caylee because she is a 'spiteful *****.' The jury heard (and saw compelling pix of) about Casey's partying in the days after Caylee's demise (July 16, per JB) and many attested to Casey's carefree and not unusual demeanor in those days. The "Bella Vida/Beautiful Life" tattoo will nicely round out the picture of Casey getting rid of her 'mistake' because she is a spiteful ***** and just wanted to party. Oh and the accounts of Casey sleeping with multiple men, and even having Caylee in bed with them. It paints a clear picture of a motive for me. Of course, I've been privy to much more than the jury has but much more may come out during the state's rebuttal. All of that added to Casey's demeanor in court, JB's overabundance of objections (what is he hiding?) Most of all perhaps, why would anyone not report a toddler missing, even if it were an accident? I see plenty of motive. JMO

But as others have already said, the state doesn't need to prove motive.

BUT,the jury is prepared for her to lie AND other than her interviews with LE ,she has never been confronted about her lies.
I recall in a depo or LE interview,one friend said they knew ICA lied all the time ,but they just let it slide.I think it was a friends of Lee's.

Was this pic taken while the jury was in? OMG I cannot believe the freaking evil.:maddening:

question, if JB doesn't call any witness to the stand and stands up and says the Defense rest there will be no rebuttal witness for the state to bring in correct?

If what they showed on IS is the whole video, I don't see what the big deal is. Maybe there was more than what I saw.

Does anyone think Jose is so arrogant that he may think his performance on cross and all his unfactual, overruled inferences constitute such a dazzling strategy that he can just rest without putting on a defense? I sure hope LKB will be closing for the state? I think she can pull the case together and relieve any doubts the jurors may that ICA is guilty of a heinous murder.

is rebuttal the same as cross?????

I ask because if the defense doesn't bring up the pings than the state cannot cross on it let alone have another expert witness..:waitasec:

Why did they NOT bring up the pings?

Also It has occured to me if ICA is found guilty the money to be made off the case drop drastically. For what that topic is worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop