2011.06.13 TRIAL Day Seventeen (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CJBP warning the DT - You cannot take a shield, and turn it into a sword!

I really hate to say this but JB has a legitimate argument. If in fact he was given black and white photocopies of the pictures in the powerpoint presentation this morning, he should have at least 48 hours to study them. JMO

Once again, I do not understand all the legalities. However, if JB felt these photos were "unfair", WHY did he spend so much time asking questions of the witness?

They're going too far with this hair stuff...WHY won't they drop it and get on to something more substantive that will convince the jury of their case?

More substantive than scientific evidence? Like what - the secret eye witness in KC's back seat who saw her do it and captured it on cell phone video?

So, am I understanding this correctly, the State provided the pictures to the defense, but not in color and not in the power point presentation??

HJBP: You cannot use a sheild and turn it into a sword.

Objection sustained. The powerpoint will not be used but the pictures may. Now, if the defense brings up the pictures it opens the door to reconsider and for the state to try again.

How can KC just sit there so Stoic as JBP says Death by Lethal Injection. Ib be a freaking basket case.

Because she still thinks she's going to get off scott free and excel in her paralegal career :rolleyes:

Sock it to me baby, cause here comes the judge!

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't this mean that the witness can still testify and describe but just cannot use photos to back up what he is saying???

Dollars to donuts that Jose stumbles and bumbles and opens the door to the photographs after all.

that sucks the DT won something. Now they can argue the environment caused the death band.

They can TRY to argue that. Not sure they'll have much success, but we'll see.

IMO, HHJP is doing the right thing. He's giving JA a break though, b/c JB will want to/have to ask about these photos, and in doing so, will open the door for JA. I'm just an observer w/ no legal experience, but that is what I took away from this. MO

HHJP: "You cannot use a shield and turn it into a sword". :)

I wish he hadn't mentioned that, however, and let JB step right into it on his own - and you know he would.

This really messed Jose up I believe. The state can talk and talk about the results without the photos.

HHJP if the DT opens the door and starts talking about the photographs then it will probably be allowed in. I see this happening.

Any bets that the DT will open the door to this?

Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't this mean that the witness can still testify and describe but just cannot use photos to back up what he is saying???

If they have photo's not contained in the PP presentation, I believe they can still use those. Provided those were presented to the defense for review.

I think, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member