2011.06.13 TRIAL Day Seventeen (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Powerpoint is of the colored pictures of the hairs in question...and disallowed because they are in color..right....Why cant they show the powerpoint in black and white since Ms. Simms did get those pictures in black and white....Wonder if they can manipulate the powerpoint to remove the color...hummmm just thinking outloud...

:waitasec:

If the pics were emailed in color they should have been printed out in color.

Can someone give me a quick recap as to what happened with this power point presentation?

Who was presenting it?
what was is involving?
what kinds of pictures were in it?
why was it objected to by the DT?
Why did HHJBP disllow it?

sorry i get to work late and dont have to time to read back. and when i do try to read back, i get further behind and i still dont understand it all.

PLS and TYIA

BOMBSHELL!! Jose Baez ( a known Luddite )gets FBI power point suppressed

:floorlaugh: How in the heck did he earn an income teaching judges and other attorneys (during the time he could not get licensed as an attorney) how to do legal research ONLINE?

BTW, is he a SWORN Luddite? Or a Luddite by ineptness?:crazy:

The jury has been out for about an hour now, right?

Oh good lord the judge is a walking law book. Wow ,I bet the defense rues the day they had Judge Strickland removed.

And JB gets another spankin' from the judge in regards to his numerous objections.

I agree with Judge Perry's ruling and I actually think it's better for the state that the jury won't be overloaded by the PowerPoint study. If someone with the presence and confidence of Mr. Melich, Dr. Vass, or Dr. G was the expert witness to present this testimony, it might be compelling and helpful. This FBI witness does not come across as confident and authoritative - so better off to not add confusion and open more doors for Baez to rattle weaker witnesses... JMO...

You are right two FBI witnesses have been of some help to the DT. I find it odd that the FBI experts have been so nervous looking/acting.. but yeah cut your losses. Of course if JB was a gentleman he would offer to let FBI fiber guy the use of his maxi-pad and color markers.

Don't question this judge's ruling JB. This whole issue may be your demise. jmo

If the pics were emailed in color they should have been printed out in color.

I'm guessing that's where the problem was. Instead of printing them in B&W and sending the Defense a copy, the State should have just sent them the full-color, original images via electronic media.

I don't think Mr Ashton cared if he used the presentation or not - Baez is the one that made an issue of this study ever since he knew about it in March this year. Baez brought it up at the frye hearing/jury selection and every other occasion he could.

I would have asked the defense if they printed what they received in colour or black or white - bet they only did black and white so they could complain later.

Mr Ashton is a very smart man who covered all the bases - defense going to make an issue of this study, okay, we'll get the study together for trial. Mr Ashton can get what he needs from the witness and now Baez can't go on and on about the study. So it is actually a win for the prosecution but not many people will realize this.

Baez will go on about this hair banding issue until the cows come home - dead body in clients trunk and he damn well knows that will help sink his client.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy