2011.06.14 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Eighteen)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have had family members addicted to drugs, who steal from small children and end up in jail multiple times, spending most of their adult life behind bars. I've had suicidal family members who attempted suicide in a house with children in it. I have had family members who did not protect me from molestation or talk to me after I told about it and I have been so angry at them that I wouldn't talk to them for years but it doesn't stop me from loving them. Family is family. You don't know ICA personally, she's not your family. You're entitled to your feelings towards her but leave room for respect that her family has theirs.

Eidetic..I have been molested by family members and had a Mother who allowed it knowingly by two men...I now care for her...but she knows that I will never, ever let her minimize her resposibility. I have had to put my children in jail..and yes om was there on visiting day..and they knew going out in cuffs that I would be...just like they knew I would be testifying for the prosecition in the trial. You do not enable your child to get away with murder...that IMO is not love...that is sick.

I'm apparently in the minority but I think CA is being honest but she's obviously straddling the middle of road too - she has to be honest but she can't answer in a way that makes it worse for her daughter either. Parents don't want their kids to hate them no matter what.

It's going to be worse for her (and us) when the DT gets her up there - they are going to make it all about Casey, "you love your daughter correct"? That kind of thing, we'll see her break down for Casey over and over again up there.

Both Mr. and Mrs. Anthony know those depo's inside/out; as proved by the depo in the civil case.

Oh, just saying that when Cindy left the stand this time she mouthed to Casey, "I love you".

Wait -- Did the jury see Cindy Anthony mouthing "I love you" to Casey? Isn't that highely prejudicial?

Let me put it this way - I cannot access my short term memories but I sure as hell can access my long-term and it is an amazing thing because something I struggle like hell to access as current information isn't there but it will be somewhere down the road (there's no cut/dry timeline).

Well, as I said, memory varies greatly among people. I speak here of what is supportable by observation and testing.

This is how I see CA at this moment in time...she's grieving over the "truth" and having to come to terms with it. She's grieving for her precious Caylee and now coming to terms with the future grieving she may have to do for her only daughter as a result of telling the truth...and I believe we are hearing the truth from CA...now.

You do? How can you tell? (Not being snarky, but I am not watching, so wondering if I'm not seeing something or getting something)

I saw several tweets by different bystanders that Cindy mouthed "I love you" to Casey when leaving the stand. Of course Wesh would say something conflicting :rolleyes:

IMO Cindy didn't throw anyone under the bus.

Why can't people understand that Cindy and Georged LOVED and ADORED their granddaughter and at the same time HATE what their daughter did but still love her?:banghead: It's not impossible to hold TWO CONFLICTING ideas and feelings at the same time. They're human, they're not perfect. I think they are BOTH doing the very best they can, under extreme torturous conditions and are being as honest as they can be.:maddening::maddening:

Cindy is a VICTIM

None of my children have ever murdered anyone or been accused of it. However, I have had troubles in the past with my kids, just like most parents do. I could have pretended to have perfect children, but that isn't doing them any favors. Every time I have held my children accountable for their actions, and every single time I have made my children suffer consequences for their actions, I still loved them very much.

My :twocents:, I don't equate loving your children with lying for them and going into cover-up mode when they do wrong. I equate that kind of behavior with lazy, selfish, take the easy way out parenting.

Yeah help me too! Because if I am correct that is the same shirt Caylee was wearing in the picture that was taken in RM bedroom back in January of 2008! And now CA is saying she had never seen that shirt except during her depo??? Someone needs to start looking at family pictures!!!!:waitasec:

What makes you think she didn't see it until the depo? Who provided it? Isn't it a photobucket pic????

She did hit ICA in that she is not placing that shirt at the home, so GA couldn't have touched the body.

She said the blanket was gone from May forward....meaning it wasn't it the home when the supposed drowning took place, thereby alleviating GA wrapping the body in the blanket.

Excellent points, TotallyObsessed!

She didn't seem to have a problem or act hostile to LDB while being faced with her depositions, actually she was very calm and nice about remembering her statements.
I agree with this, especially after reading her letters to Casey. IIRC, she really had a hate-on for JA and LDB in those letters.

And...I'm wondering the importance of this, too. Is perhaps the shirt something that Casey purchased with "stolen" funds? Is this a way to bring in the felonies?

I think it has more to do with the slogan on the shirt. The fact that Cindy would NEVER buy her grand daughter a shirt that said that.

wesh saying csi photog in the hall as last witness...

no plant guy?

guess they will leave that up to the defense to open and rebut as necessary

Let me just say this.

I don't envy CA.

I don't expect her to not love ICA nor want her to not fight like hell to keep her daughter from getting the needle.

But,

I am disheartened that she's not being completely honest in her testimony today. I'm saddened that she put GA under the bus by saying he sometimes drives the Sunfire. GA has been very loving and supportive of CA during the trial. And one shouldn't be more important than the other but she needs to realize that GA will be there for her after this is over (provided she doesn't continue to really throw him under).

I'm confused and conflicted. And I feel a little foolish for giving CA the benefit of doubt that her unconditional love extended to Caylee. I now really wish they had stayed to listen to the graphic testimony about little Caylee. I think it's important for them to know just how much pain and terror ICA put their granddaughter through.

But if he did sometimes drive that car then she needs to tell the truth.

Wait -- Did the jury see Cindy Anthony mouthing "I love you" to Casey? Isn't that highely prejudicial?

YES it is !!!

:waitasec: Where are the courtroom deputies ??

:waitasec: I hope Judge Perry saw this !!!

bbm
Compared to her previous depositions and statements to LE she lied big time today.

But I think SHE LIED BIG TIME back then. I want to hope she was trying to tell the truth today. But as I said earlier, her lies back then while trying to save her daughter, have come back to bite her in the butt now that she has been shown the truth about her daughter. She is trying to tell the truth now, but has to walk a very thin line or face jail time for perjury.

Who was the witness that they were waiting for this morning?

I get that Cindy loves Casey....I get that she does not want her sentenced to death.
What I don't get is resorting to lies or misinformation or whatever the hades you want to call it to make that happen. How to make that right with YOUR conscience. I realize that not everyone here shares my belief, but when you meet your Maker, it is HIS knowledge of the choices you've made in life that matters, not neighbors, family members, friends, or enemies. Lying, regardless of motive, is lying. I want Cindy to be honest, regardless of who else it may affect. For her sake, for Caylee's sake....it's the only way she can move past this trial and its outcome with any sort of peace. I don't like seeing people in pain, and I have seen that pain on her face and on George's. Only she and God know whether she is being truly honest. I pray that she is.

YES it is !!!

:waitasec: Where are the courtroom deputies ??

:waitasec: I hope Judge Perry saw this !!!

I think this is what some thought happened on Saturday. Not today. Because here is a tweet from just now.

Cindy glared at #CaseyAnthony who did not look back.by bobkealing via twitter at 1:43 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member