2011.06.20 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-three)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was getting very scared this morning that PERRY was going to declare a mistrial stating that ICA's rights were being violated by her attorneys NOT following court orders.....

He even threw in the comment about having to do this all over again if need be. I shuddered a bit at the thought.

Baez better hope his next witness is not having his paper and coffee on the John this morning. I sure would hate for whomever to be late!

K, boo hoo poor me, have no internet at home (verizon wireless is a pirate) til I come up with a bunch of money so have missed this morning and Saturday. Take it JB got smacked for not doing what he is supposed to?

A belated good morning to all.

Why is the State being included in His Honor's claims of gamesmenship on "both sides?" Did I miss something? As I am neither an attorney (NOR a chemist), I don't understand why the State is getting their collective butts chewed in conjunction with the DT's. I R confuzzled!

Oh, never mind...I have read the excellent WS comments on this thread and am now better educated...thanks :) I am getting a real legal education here! :)

Now you are more educated in the legal system than JB is.

I would like to know, for my own sake, what words are we prohibited from using here?

Idiot? imbecile? incompetent? stupid? sleazy? slimball? epic fail? weasel? half-wit? moron? dolt? dullard? seamy? sordid? discredited?

I mean, besides the obvious curse words, which I know we can't use. I'm just asking.

All of the above. Did you get it out of your system? :floorlaugh:

he will let JB did himself in. Get him on record trying to blame the SA for his violations and spin his web of untruths which will be obvious to any appeals court reviewing the record.

that was all cringe worthy. I couldn't have patience like the judge. No way. He listened so intently to every piece of vomit Baez coughed up.

I gotta tell you....I am starting to think maybe Baez truly does NOT know the rules of court or standard law/trial practices.

He attempted this same thing in the Nilton Diaz case and let's not forget it took him EIGHT TRIES to pass the Bar!!!

He has rarely ever had to argue ANY cases...if you pull up his previous cases, the overwhelming majority of them end quickly in plea agreements

Kent, I think it's more like Jose knows what he is doing and so far has gotten away with it.

I can't believe how indignant JB was during his speech, as if he cannot believe JA is treating him so poorly and all he does is work, work, work. JMO, JB didn't even start working until KC was declared indigent, and even then, he spent more time on TV than working the case...that's why he is going to lose it. He's worse than Geragos.

I would like to know, for my own sake, what words are we prohibited from using here?

Idiot? imbecile? incompetent? stupid? sleazy? slimball? epic fail? weasel? half-wit? moron? dolt? dullard? seamy? sordid? discredited?

I mean, besides the obvious curse words, which I know we can't use. I'm just asking.

I guess it would depend on whether you plan on using these words as adjectives...or nouns...!! :floorlaugh:

And whether you are using them in reference to Baez or someone else? j/k

But I would definitely refrain from using the above bolded...:crazy:

Can HHJP request or suggest that CM or DS take over as the lead attorney?

I think this is the third time JB has presented witnesses who didn't present a complete summary of what they were going to testify about.

IMO - JB is trying to sandbag and blindside the SA with testimony so the SA has no time to prepare for.

When the trial is over I hope JB gets held in contempt and brought before the bar.

Warning - The 9.5 oz Ms Fields Chocolate Chip cookie box only has 8 cookies in it. :eek:

LOL about the cookies! I hear the next witness may also not be qualified to testify -- that he/she may be testifying to something not provided to the state in the report.

Can U imagine how POd JP will be if this happens again!

MOO

Mel

I’ve asked myself why an attorney that previously broadcast how guilty the defendant was would join this sinking ship of a defense. It’s my belief that it was done to give credibility to the case because JB does not have any semblance of it. I have to go with the idea that CM is there to make sure this case is tried and the verdict sticks no matter what JB does to try and derail it. I may be giving CM more credit than he deserves but I can’t think of any other reason for him to be there.

I think it has something to do with 'notoriety' and seeing himself on TV and in print, and nowadays on the internet. Remember that Windemere case is coming up right after this ends, the one where the millionaire is accused of molesting teenagers and it was covered up by the police chief. CM is probably going to make $$$ off of that case.

I really don't think JB cares if he has sanctions, contempt or even fines and a spell in jail...all the more attention and fodder for book or TV later, in his mind...I have always though a mistrial was his best chance of not losing this case and think he is trying for one...

I agree. I think he thinks his nonsense makes him look like a risk-taker. He is using this as a lottery. If he loses the case, it will be because Casey is so incredibly guilty. If he wins, it will be a huge boost to his career. So he is risking his reputation already by taking the case, why not go for broke?

We all know how JA feels, and what JP is doing. It is just like back in school when we missed 2 minutes of recess because one kid wouldn't behave in class or when the whole class got yelled at because one kid didn't put the markers away. The teacher -and the judge - wants everyone to hear the rules and uses each infraction as a chance to teach a larger lesson.

PS: who pays for the witnesses of the DT to fly out? I thought ICA was indigent?

Thanks!

Mel

WTF is so funny Casey? :maddening: She is laughin' it up again with Ms. Fryer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaLegend71