2011.06.20 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-three)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm

ITA.

When I heard that Caylee slept in the same bed with KC & RM, I went WTH??!! Not okay not okay not okay!

If nothing else, it illustrates (to me, at least) that KC was oblivious concerning her daughter's well-being, and it illustrates KC's immaturity and inability to make appropriate choices when faced with priorities.

A man one has known for only a few short weeks is still a stranger, IMO. A child DOES NOT belong in the same bed with one's sex partner fling. I don't care which side of the bed the child is sleeping on. Not okay!

And imo a victim of sexual molestation at the hands of her father and brother would NOT put her own daughter in that situation.

Sounds like the grief expert.

I don't know what happened in court today, but I don't think it was over the witness.

The judge called in his intern, then the court reporter and the deputy. I am thinking/guessing that he was looking at them as witnesses over something.

So I don't know what happened in there, but I am thinking it was something major.

My first post today was in response to the reports that the judge went into the jury room with the court reporter. I later learned that a deputy went along too. It's something that's not occurred before and many of those reporters in court picked up on it. It could very well be something major.

On one hand we have the fiasco with JB's failure to follow court orders when in comes to witness depositions. That's going to delay two witnesses from taking the stand. But evidently there was a third witness, Dr. Bock, waiting in the witness area. So that makes me wonder why they didn't proceed with her testimony and if there were no other witnesses, have a shortened afternoon court session. This would allow JA to spend the greater portion of the afternoon reviewing the one depo and taking the other.

On the other hand we have the unusual situation of HHBP going into the jury room and taking the court reporter and deputy with him. Does anyone know if the court reporter took her machine in with her?

<modsnip>

I'm thinking we could really have a blast with SEVERAL pix... do we have to go to a thread in a super secret lockdown forum or can we start one in the main Caylee forum... setting some ground rules of course (no actual spelled out names, 4 letter words, nasty name calling, etc.)...

thoughts? comments? anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Jim Lichtenstein Twitter (before recess was called for the day): "Okay... The court reporter went back to the jury room. Never seen that..."

When I was a juror, we were attended by law students/interns and the court reporters. One of the court reporters (You DO mean the stenographer, or whatever they are called now, right?) told us they OWN the notes. Some of them told us they have used them to write a book, and others they sold to other authors. I found that odd - I would have assumed they stayed with the court. We were also allowed to take home our REAMS of notes.

I hear you and respect - What I think we've all developed from three years of the JBs schtick is a healthy sense of paranoia (and let's face it, we're blowing off some steam.)

What concerns me is not that he's not mounting a vigorous defense, but rather that he is trying to subvert the rules of law in order to gain a mistrial, and/or have statutorily invalid evidence entered into the record. He's kind of got a little hostage situation going on here.

Why would he want a mistrial, when an acquittal would be better for his client? Wouldn't there be another trial somewhere down the road? (I should ask this in the lawyer's thread.)
I'm not trying to take up for him, by any means, I just think he is not cut out for this kind of case and really thinks he can get by with these little infractions. Some people are just not cut out for it.

I don't think these have already been posted. The second one can be viewed by clicking on "Watch on YouTube".

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgW3AztuwqY"]Trial Stops, Judge Scolds Lawyers[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63VvAfzgOGs"]Judge: "Enough is enough"[/ame]

Perhaps you have not followed this in the media. This poor man has had his name and reputation dragged through the mud for no reason. It has been insinuated NATIONWIDE that he is a kidnapper and perhaps even a murderer. You bet he needs a lawyer...to protect him against these unscrupulous accusers!!!

I have followed the media and still believe his need for a lawyer was minimal ,the media hype would end as soon as he took the stand and said who he didnt know,and that he didnt even have the phone number then. Plus his criminal record is public and if he didnt want thing out about him he should not have commited those crimes. It is not the defence's fault this happened to him. It was a mistake and he instead of clearing it up with the investigator called LE. Which was in his rights as it is in Baez's to call him into court.

He has added to the hype and aided the media with their healines.

Perhaps I dont understand his motives for the lawyer. Or perhaps I am not falling in line with the other side of the media hype which is how "he " has been affected nevermind his actions helped the hype after the new witness thing broke.

He is not a victim.

I agree with you, but at least she had CA with her. We have all speculated that she did something to CA because TL didn't want the child at his house overnight. Perhaps if this had not been the case CA would have been with them and not locked up in a trunk choloformed. I am not saying either is right, but it could be a possibility. jmo

If it hadn't been TL then it would have been the next guy with a semblance of decency......Seems it was inevitable for many reasons that ICA wanted to get rid of the little snothead.

Saw somewhere they are calling Judge Perry the VELVET HAMMER!!! Love it!

I don't think the judge did give a reason to the jury, did he? I don't believe he can disparage either side to the jury, maybe just say that no witnesses were available, as he did one day for the state, if I recall correctly.

Right that is what I meant. He would just give a general reason why no court, like no witnesses.

I have followed the media and still believe he need for a lawyer was minimal ,the media hype would end as soon as he took the stand and said who he didnt know,and that he didnt even have the phone number then.

Instead he has added to the hype and aided the media with their healines.

Perhaps I dont understand his motives for the lawyer. Or perhaps I am not falling in line with the other side of the media hype which is how "he " has been affected nevermind his actions helped the hype after the new witness thing broke.

He is not a victim.
Hold on...wasn't he added to DT witness list? For what purpose?

Puleeeeeeeeeeeez, someone...was this all on the DT...or was the State responsible as well for what happened today?

"
Meanwhile, Perry also signed an order barring the release of seated jurors' names today.

"Jurors, simply because they are performing or have performed their civic duty, do not lose their inherent right to privacy," Perry wrote in the order. It is not clear what prompted his decision.

His order says court officials in Orange and Pinellas, Orange County deputies and all attorneys associated with the case "shall not release any information concerning any seated juror UNTIL FURTHER ORDER OF THIS COURT."

http://mobile.mcall.com/p.p?m=b&a=r...DL.w=&DL.d=10&DQ=sectionId%3A6090&DPS=0&DPL=3

UBBM--that was the piece of the order that I found most interesting... but with everything else going on in that courtroom via the DT today, my rational mind just won't let me believe that there has been a jury issue on top of all this!

Now everyone on the 'panel' for Shep Smith, including Judge Napolitano, is saying the Judge is OBVIOUSLY pro-prosecution and is bending over backwards for the State. Think I'll just turn the channel.

I would be tempted to shoot my TV:banghead:

I'm thinking we could really have a blast with SEVERAL pix... do we have to go to a thread in a super secret lockdown forum or can we start one in the main Caylee forum... setting some ground rules of course (no actual spelled out names, 4 letter words, nasty name calling, etc.)...

thoughts? comments? anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

I love it! But, I think (not sure) most of my previous pictures were removed, even though I tried to avoid any improper labeling. I have seen similar or worse here, but I do not think I will post mine. I DO enjoy this kind of humor... so please carry on!

Well, her future sister-in-law thinks she's just an "amazing" mother and of course everybody else says how wonderful she was too. Wonder what their standards are for having that opinion.

If only Mallory could have been asked if the day comes that she has children with Lee would she/they let ICA babysit? It would neven happen but I sure would love to know the answer to that. Let see...the future sister-in-law is on trial for murdering a child and the fiance has been accused of incest/sexual assault (touching). Nice.

Why would he want a mistrial, when an acquittal would be better for his client? Wouldn't there be another trial somewhere down the road? (I should ask this in the lawyer's thread.)
I'm not trying to take up for him, by any means, I just think he is not cut out for this kind of case and really thinks he can get by with these little infractions. Some people are just not cut out for it.

I think he wants a mistrial because he wants out...he would not have to be on board the next time around and that way, he is not the losing attorney of record. I don't even think he cares if he is disbarred at this point, I think he has his eye on other things. He knows there won't be an aquittal, so a mistrial is next best thing for him, as he can't count on a hung jury to get one. I think he will cause one deliberately if his antics alone don't do it. If he blurts out something that can't be ignored, or if Casey does, judge might have to call one, as much as he hates to do it.

I agree!!! I think he is trying to get a mistrial. He knows he has overloaded his mouth by admitting that Caylee was dead on the 16th!!! Bad defense from the get-go.

Yes...he promised "his girl" a mistrial...he got to play in the big leagues once, got his media attention (good and bad, LOL)....he goes off to be the great TH pundit he wants to be...she gets her mistrial she wanted because JB is absolutely a bumbling *unusual person* (because she's an *%)#(%)##%%^ that doesn't know that means she wastes more time in jail, LOL)....and the second defense team gets to use DT #1's mistakes as a lesson, and they get jury feedback as to strengths and weaknesses...making the defense even stronger. Ya know, like NOT using the idiotic theory JB/CM, et al used this time around.............

Ugh.

And really...does ANY TV station hire at least some staffer that keeps up with the case and knows whether their TH pundits or hired guns have their facts straight....in addition to doing disclaimers stating relationships to the defense team? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :banghead:

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member