2011.06.21 - SA investigating if Casey got defense theory from inmate.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Slightly off topic, but since I we're talking about Casey's lies and jail... They played the tape today of Lee talking to Casey about how she found Baez, and she starts doing the whole "more details than necessary" thing. Is there any chance she found Baez before she was arrested? Not that it matters, I suppose, I just found it odd,

There is a HUGE thread of speculation about this somewhere on here...

There is a HUGE thread of speculation about this somewhere on here...

Thank you :) I suppose I should have searched first, but my brain is just fried!

Just my quick (and unstudied, so this is pure speculation based on my personal experience) take on ICA's body language and facial expression today, but during and after the discussion of the discovery (the other inmate's drowning story and the computer forensics of June 16), she looked somewhat disturbed and concerned to me. Of course she was trying to hide it, but I guess it was the way she held her mouth and her forehead, maybe her shoulders. Very slight. I am curious if anyone else thought so? Anybody know where I could see footage of her during the discussion?

Maybe it is just hopeful thinking on my part, because I also agree this story is too much of a coincidence, but I would like to see some true concern on her part.

When you put them side by side, it is clearer. But Casey has an eerie intensity to her eyes that is unique, and gives her a very aggressive look the other girl does not have. Thanks for posting this!

They have shown on Nancy Grace, and I think earlier today on HLN, more than one booking picture of April.

Each picture has progressed downward, IMO. This picture, IMO, shows her very drugged out, or at the very least, has turned to drugs from the time of her first book picture.
All they have said on the news is that she has a "long standing" history.

I can't help but wonder if her history/problems began with the death of her baby boy.
Because from her first picture in that line-up, progression of pictures, she looks terrible in this last one.

They have shown on Nancy Grace, and I think earlier today on HLN, more than one booking picture of April.

Each picture has progressed downward, IMO. This picture, IMO, shows her very drugged out, or at the very least, has turned to drugs from the time of her first book picture.
All they have said on the news is that she has a "long standing" history.

I can't help but wonder if her history/problems began with the death of her baby boy.
Because from her first picture in that line-up, progression of pictures, she looks terrible in this last one.
That is a good point. This really WAS an accidental drowning, and it must have really taken a toll on her, and on her family. She may drink/do drugs to numb the pain. I wonder if she has gotten grief counseling. Yes, she looks like she could be pretty, but looks gaunt and unhealthy.

Richard wrote a great explanation of this on his blog.

http://blog.richardhornsby.com/2009/12/

This is interesting; thanks for the link.

At the time the case was just another “News at 6″ headline.

But if it could be proven that Casey Anthony contacted Jose Baez prior to it being discovered that Caylee was missing; it would be the biggest bombshell in the entire case.

Because it would show beyond all doubt that Casey Anthony had a guilty conscience and sought out a criminal defense attorney for preemptive advice.

But then again, that is just my conspiracy theory. Nothing more, nothing less. Because everyone knows that neither Casey Anthony nor Jose Baez has the super power or cunning to secretly plot out something so diabolical – or do they?

Let me update this from what I stated earlier....

If ICA picked this up from an inmate, notes being passed or a corrections officer, my point is, I thought she was segregated. I thought she wasn't permitted to pass notes, talk to inmates and corrections officers should not have casual conversations with segregated inmates. The COs should communicate on a professional level only. They should not be discussing other inmates situations.

If all of the above things are happening, ICA is not really segregated. She is being treated as a prima donna. She gets her own personal space and gets to entertain herself as she wants. The jail procedures need to be investigated.

Just my opinion, again.

BeagleMom

It would be really easy for ICA to hear what other inmates are saying. I did my time in the County so basically since she is not on "suicide watch" (where they take the inmate and put them in a cell out of a dorm with no mattress or jail clothing only this padded type cover up) she will still be in a dorm with as many females as they can hold. She would be in a cell to herself. While she stays in her cell the majority of the day-"Lock down or protective custody"-the other inmates have to go on "lock down" for a few hours or after they are locked away at night while ICA is free to watch TV and shower for a few hours if that long. If your cell is near the common area you can really hear anyones conversation. April could have been telling another inmate. Also, CO are super chatty unless there are problems in the dorm. Some CO feel sorry for the ones in "lock down" and will go in there to chat. It would be super easy to get this information.

All my MOO anywho~

So, please excuse my ignorance, if in fact the SA find this to be true, what happens ?

So, please excuse my ignorance, if in fact the SA find this to be true, what happens ?

They throw it on the pile of all the other stuff that they have against ICA.
IMHO it doesn't amount to all that much, but maybe it'll be another piece of their puzzle.

They throw it on the pile of all the other stuff that they have against ICA.
IMHO it doesn't amount to all that much, but maybe it'll be another piece of their puzzle.
I guess the State would hope that it would plant seeds of doubt in the jurors' minds, about the drowning and GA finding her, being possibly a made up and borrowed story.

I guess the State would hope that it would plant seeds of doubt in the jurors' minds, about the drowning and GA finding her, being possibly a made up and borrowed story.

Yes, but you read stories like it all the time. Golfer Jack Nicklaus's grandson drowned in his pool and I'm pretty sure he was the one who found him. The story, sadly, is not an unusual one. I could see it if maybe April and her dad didn't report it or didn't call 911 or something, but ICA could have heard, read about this story anywhere.

Yes, but you read stories like it all the time. Golfer Jack Nicklaus's grandson drowned in his pool and I'm pretty sure he was the one who found him. The story, sadly, is not an unusual one. I could see it if maybe April and her dad didn't report it or didn't call 911 or something, but ICA could have heard, read about this story anywhere.

If we were talking about anyone BUT Casey, I would agree. Casey has proven time and time again she will take someone else's story and make it her own. TV shows, friends, movies. She sure as heck didn't think it up on her own. The fact this girl was housed so close to ICA screams to me that this is a borrowed story and she borrowed it from April.

In the very beginning of this case Greta Van Susterren went to the Anthony home and conducted a couple of interviews with Cindy and George. I believe in the second interview Greta and Cindy were sitting alone at the dining room table. Greta brought up the topic of accidental drowning. I recall that Cindy said something about a child drowning and Casey knowing about it... I have looked for that video for a long time. Does anyone else remember that interview?

The distance from KC's home (A) to April's home (B) where the toddler boy drowned is about 11 miles. KC's boyfriend TL lived at (C) about 3 miles from April. I don't think TL & KC knew each other when the little boy drowned in 2007, but April and KC's paths certainly could have crossed before either was incarcerated.

HeatonAnthonymap.jpg

I thought ICA was segregated the entire time she was incarcerated. What opportunity would she have to overhear this story? I'm not trying to debate the very real possibility she did fabricate someone else's truth into her 'story'. Just trying to understand the circumstances in how ICA could have obtained this info.

Remember Maya Derkovich? I listened to all her jailhouse calls home to her parents - she told her mom that she would speak to Casey through the pipes. It is how they all communicated. Also, a guard would send notes back and forth in books. She could have done the same thing with this inmate.

From my understanding, Casey was segregated, but not isolated. She spent quite a bit of time on the psych floor (according to her letters to Robyn), but was moved to a regular floor. On both floors, she did not share a cell with anyone, but there were others in the neighboring cells. She was not in solitary confinement.

In the very beginning of this case Greta Van Susterren went to the Anthony home and conducted a couple of interviews with Cindy and George. I believe in the second interview Greta and Cindy were sitting alone at the dining room table. Greta brought up the topic of accidental drowning. I recall that Cindy said something about a child drowning and Casey knowing about it... I have looked for that video for a long time. Does anyone else remember that interview?

I watched that video not too long ago - it was linked on here. I can't find it now - I don't remember the drowning part as being someone else - thought it was about Casey/Caylee.

ETA: I searched everywhere - there is a link on here that mentions it but I cannot find the video at all. I remember it - the cat gets up on the table and Cindy is sitting at the table in the dining room.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back