2011.06.21 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-four)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
like a thunder shirt perhaps

images

Those are also used for kids with sensory integration issues. My little guy has one. Pressure calms him ...........sometimes.

ICA was in an adjacent cell. The timing of this will be important. I worked in a prison, and the sound can carry very well, and if this April was telling someone in another cell, ICA could have easily heard the convo.
Exactly.

Websleuthes: Out thinking HLN since....

Can someone please tell me why there's a short day tomorrow? TIA

Judge Perry has to attend a meeting regarding funding for his circuit..so felt it necessary to tell the jury the truncated day is due to his needs..no way due to either sides...

ICA was in an adjacent cell. The timing of this will be important. I worked in a prison, and the sound can carry very well, and if this April was telling someone in another cell, ICA could have easily heard the convo.

Either I dreamed this or a former celly said they would drain the water from their pipes and could talk to each other down the pipes....

shelbar53 wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritsKate
'NO ONE is going to buy an instrument just because they hear about it in a court case!'

BOOYAH Baez!!!
I beg to differ, I called and ordered 2. I mentioned this trial and saved on shipping and handling. And if you call in the next hour we will also send you the Amazing Shawl!!

I'm completely stunned that Baez didn't even bother. Baez isn't a great lawyer, but searching the hard drive seems like a no-brainer, even to me, and I don't even speak legalese.

I could forgive him for taking this case if he went about it in earnest. He had 3 years. Where did that time go? He's got a team of lawyers and interns for help. I just can't believe he's done this when someone's life is on the line. He should have known he was in over his head before this became a DP case and dropped out.

This whole accident that snowballed out of control statement by GA, sheesh, I believe he was holding onto hope that his daughter didn't commit filicide. jmo

Oooooweee... what a day! Dr. Wise was awesome and Baez... well, was just pathetic.

I can't help but feel a bit disappointed and repulsed that this has all been reduced down into nothing more than a pizzing match because Baez hates Dr. Vass, though. When are they going to get around to putting on their CIC? This is all such nonsense.

Why did CM leave early? He really didn't like it when the Judge said they were going to go past 5 the other day. He tried to give him a sad, puppy look which I found revolting at the time. But really, is he that old and feeble that he can't go an extra half hour or hour? Or is he just being a petulant, stubborn cuss? Has he mentally checked out of this case? He didn't even bother to go up to sidebar much today and that's pretty much all he's been good for. I never understood why he's supposed to have this stellar reputation anyway, but that's beside the point, I guess. But he sure picked a dud of a case to go out on. And he thought it was going to be 'fun'. Heh...

I don't believe for a minute that the DT didn't search that hard drive.

Nor do I. All JB is trying to do is to paint the prosecutors as trying to sneak in "Gotcha" evidence at the last minute, hoping to delude the court that their actions are as sleazy as his, which of course they aren't.

Then why spin such a ridiculous yarn in his opening statement? That just defies reason!

Is that a rhetorical question :floorlaugh:

Why does JB do most of what he does? :waitasec:

After today, does anyone else feel exhilaration, like when your alma mater makes it to the national championship game... and they're winning?

It's strange to feel like this over a court case, but I think our little Caylee has captured our collective hearts without never knowing her. Still, we feel like we knew and loved her, I just hope she feels that somehow.

Justice is coming, our baby! Hang on!

I thought River Cruz denied that they had an affair? Am I remembering this wrong?

Those are also used for kids with sensory integration issues. My little guy has one. Pressure calms him ...........sometimes.

I agree wholeheartedly....much like a loving caregivers hand on an infant's chest when they are emotionally disregulated! Helps to "keep them grounded" in some physical way to help subconscious to calm the autonomic nervous system (IMO)

I'm getting on for my pup - with our weather lately, she's had just about enough

I always thought presentation meant a lot during a trial. Appearances are important. I have been shocked that very little attention has been given to ICA's wardrobe. You can get some pretty cheap suits ,blouses and dresses,these days.Her clothes look like they came from the lost and found. I'm not saying that to be snarky. I'm really curious to know if it's deliberate and if so,why :waitasec: I've watched a lot of Court TV and InSession trials and I don't recall anyone wearing such inappropriate,ill-fitting clothes.

I think the clothes MUST be deliberate, because they are all in those pale colors, usually lavender, sometimes white. I assume there must be research somewhere that says that those colors make someone look innocent or something. Because I don't ever remember pictures of her before incarceration with pastel colors, particularly.

I always thought presentation meant a lot during a trial. Appearances are important. I have been shocked that very little attention has been given to ICA's wardrobe. You can get some pretty cheap suits ,blouses and dresses,these days.Her clothes look like they came from the lost and found. I'm not saying that to be snarky. I'm really curious to know if it's deliberate and if so,why :waitasec: I've watched a lot of Court TV and InSession trials and I don't recall anyone wearing such inappropriate,ill-fitting clothes.

Last Thursday's oh so wrinkled purple blouse was a perfect example.

She wouldn't have to have done so though. KC could have overheard the story easily enough.

Also, such a tragic story would make the rounds. I know a lot of stories about people I've never spoken to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand