2011.06.21 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-four)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OH GAWD NO!!!

NOW PADILLA IS IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS TOO!?!? So help us.....

We are all doomed... this case is never going to end

This isn't Leonard Padilla. It's a police spokesman for the investigation into the drowning of April Whalen's child.

Casey had been using the Zanny name for a long time. But no one ever heard her use the Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzales name until after the real Zenaida visited Sawgrass. She would need a first and last name for the kidnapping babysitter, not just "Zanny." And if she told the drowning story long ago, why would Baez allow her to sit in jail facing a death penalty trial without investigating it (or reporting it to LE for them to investigate) in an attempt to get her freed?

Dr. Drew keeps saying that Zanny is the street name for Xanax, so perhaps that is why she used it long before she saw Zanaida's name at Sawgrass apartments!

Was not on much yesterday, so this is the first time I have had a chance to talk about this. I missed it, but evidentally yesterday Dr. Drew really went off on Dr. Garavaglia and made some remarks that were flat out untrue. I have seen a number of MSM stories that are making me upset because they are not reporting the whole story, just what Dr Spitz said. We will never see all the comments from Forensic Pathologists and Forensic Anthropologists who agree with Dr. Garavaglia's actions because it is not nearly as interesting! that is flat out unfair!

We have all read the reports, the hair was tested, the 'substance' found in the skull WAS tested. Last night on Nancy Grace, Dr. Vincent DiMaio - another well known and well respected forensic Pathologist (who has also written text books) stated that Dr. Garavaglia's 'autopsy' was done well and there was no need to open a skull when there is no brain. He also pointed out something Dr. Spitz seemed to either not know or 'forgot' that 2 anthropologists including Dr. Michael Warren, also examined the skull and saw no reason to open it. Dr. DiMaio went on to say he was on the Committee that drew up the standards for forensic Autopsys and 'opening the skull' is NOT IN THE STANDARDS!

Add to this that Dr. Garavaglia was trained by Dr. William R. Maples - who is acknowledged as the leading pioneer in Forensic Anthropology. Check out the William R Mapples Center for Forensic Medicine to learn more about this man.

Thank you, that is my rant for the day! :x

The understatement of the month! :great: :floorlaugh: :great: That is absolutely her MO every time!!!

This is what she does every time - takes a story from something, make it her own, then tell it as her own truth. Can't - just can't believe they have caught her at this whopper.

respectfully snipped

Not only do I agree, but I have suspected since I heard the whole "my brother touched me/I was sexually abused" confession that Casey borrowed that story from a book, movie, or someone she knew. She simply lifted it and used it at her convenience, much like Amy's checkbook!

Agree but think CM's story is going to be he tried to however JB's retort is "I am the lead attorney for Miss Casey Anthony'. :banghead::banghead:

I agree but still is not 'ineffective counsel'. JB wasn't giving up the limelight for anything.

Exactly.
I really believe that KC is going to have a humdinger of an ineffectual counsel case. We will be back here again. jmo

I think you are correct too. The DT, I believe, has wanted this the entire time because they knew they had nothing of substance to get her off thru a fair trial. What bugs me the most is that she HAS other more experienced lawyers on her case - not just Baez - so in my opinion any appeal for ineffective counsel should be thrown out due to the fact that she has those lawyers available to get this done right. Won't happen probably, but just what I'd like to have happen. :twocents:

Arpad Vass, scientist from body farm, in courthouse lobby. Maybe he will testify soon.by oscaseyanthony via twitter at 12:23 PM

That's so sad to see. Poor little thing, still trying for that camera-smile, still trying to please, despite something clearly being wrong with her face to the point I wouldn't have recognised her as Caylee, had I seen that photo elsewhere. One side of her face (the right side from our perspective) doesn't seem to be working properly -seems frozen, as after a numbing injection for a tooth extraction. Or maybe the cheekbone area on the right side is swollen ?

I'm not an expert, but it almost looks like a bell's palsy. Wonder what the timeframe of the picture in relation to her cold is?

http://www.entnet.org/HealthInformation/Children-Facial-Paralysis.cfm

Let's stop with her record & lifestyle, she's not on trial. She simply stepped up and shared information with the prosecution....she's doing the right thing. Let's not make her a yet ANOTHER victim of Casey's idiotic defense bus

My post of her record was not to downgrade her in any way, I posted only to see/compare the dates she was in jail as a way to "connect the dots". I didn't intend for the "meth comments" to be made & I'm sorry if it was taken out of context. You're right, she isn't on trial & she did do the honorable thing by letting the SA know the "coincidence", for that I commend her!

Also, to point out how ICA takes someone else's story & shapes it as her own...so, April, if I offended you, I'm sorry! Thank you for doing the honorable thing & to help Caylee have justice!

So when LDB said she would "not necessarily" have this witness testify, that means not if the DT doesn't open that door in their CIC I'm guessing.

Basically once Baez grills GA and Kronk and others about the drowning/taping/moving the body, they've left room for that to be rebutted.

I think the jury REALLY needs to hear about April Whalen and her son. If I was a juror - I'm thinking NO WAY was that just a bizarre coincidence. That would cement GUILTY as charged in my mind if I'm a juror.

Yes I agree and I think Baez is so full of himself and trying to nanana back at the SA office he just can not see the forest for trees ..They did this and more or less gave The DT a heads up

That's so sad to see. Poor little thing, still trying for that camera-smile, still trying to please, despite something clearly being wrong with her face to the point I wouldn't have recognised her as Caylee, had I seen that photo elsewhere. One side of her face (the right side from our perspective) doesn't seem to be working properly -seems frozen, as after a numbing injection for a tooth extraction. Or maybe the cheekbone area on the right side is swollen ?

IIRC, Caylee had never had dental work done, so there were no dental records.

Exactly. Why should she get an appeal based on ineffective counsel when she has other 'competent' attorneys on her team? :maddening: As a Florida taxpayer, this makes me angry. Seems like CM has been more concerned with 'having fun' then giving ICA a quality defense.

:rocker: I agree !

ICA has a whole table full of attorneys sitting right there next to her -- CM ... DS ... EF ... JB (well) ...

And remember, at one time she had some "big guns" on her DT: AL and LKB -- aahhhh .... but they left !

JB is ICA's "choice" ... she has already had plenty of chances to change council ...

Too late ... Too bad ...

When I heard the State mention AW and what happened with her 15 month old son, etc., etc., the hairs on the back of my neck stood up.

Although not much is in the articles, except for the fact that the grandfather had to jump into a above ground pool, really concerned me. IMO, a 15 month old would not be able to climb a pool ladder to get into the pool.

Looking at the dates of AW being in Orange County jail, raised the hairs again, and either a "repeat" offender may have told Casey or it was learned through the "jail bar vine" that this happened to AW child.

A member mentioned AW birth date, of which, is June 16th. I have a lot of faith in numerology, of which, has shown up often in this case. I do hope LE can connect the dots in this case for Caylee, as well as going back and taking another look at AW child's drowning.

My kid could climb a pool ladder at 15 months.

Is this the same girl? If so, arrested April 14, 2011. She's apparently a regular at the jails, I found 3 dates, 12/04/04, 04/25/04 & the one below, 04/14/11...probably more in between.

http://www.jailbase.com/en/arrested/fl-occ/2011-04-14/arpil-lynne-whalen-11014597

BBM

To me, this proves that JB and ICA just pulled the "drowning tale" out of their behinds once they failed to get all the evidence thrown out after the Frye Hearings.

The incest - I believe she's been working that angle for a long, long time. Aided and suggested by Andrea Lyon, Jeanene Barrett, Michelle Medina. Check out her visitor logs. Barrett and Medina have spent MARATHON visits with ICA - 7-8 hours at a time, several times a month, fine-tuning the penalty phase.

The next time JB asks for a mistrial or CM for that matter hopefully the judge will grant one. This trial has become a nightmare. Rather see the defense ask and the mistrial be granted rather than one come and it come to light ICA gets off on double jeopardy.

Praying that defense asks SOON.

What would HH base that decision on? The defense is losing?

I just watched the clip of JB complaining about the hard drive (was at the gym earlier so playing catch-up during lunch)...and good grief! Every hard drive, even most other disks, contain millions of pieces of data. Give me a break!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop