2011.06.21 TRIAL Day Twenty-four (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Eikelenboom...Ive never done studies on the environmental effects on DNA.

Heat and moisture are destructive to DNA. You only need a small amount of cells to get a DNA profile.

You do not swab the outside of a bone to get DNA.

HLN

OK note to self. Only a true idiot would attempt to face or challenge JA in court on something concerning DNA. Am I wrong in thinking that JA might possibly be a more qualified DNA expert than the witness? I mean to the extent that he probably could testify in court as an expert?

Contamination DNA would not completely mask the original profile.

This supports what the FBI witness said (the woman who contaminated the tape). She testified that she would have expected to find a mixture of DNA if there had been someone else's DNA on the tape.

We've all spent way too much time together...we're starting to talk alike, using like phrases, etc. LOL! Will we all have our periods at the same time?

LOL! Could be. Seems like my DH has been sharing my hot flashes over this case.

Pros gets #caseyanthony def dna expert 2 admit it would b "very difficult 2 obtain a profile" from sample that underwent what this tape did

by abcashleigh via twitter at 2:30 PM

Yes!! I took that comment to be honest (although I think it's erased now). I feel bad for him too.

ETA: And right there he showed respect to Ashton!

This witness is a good guy, in my opinion.

The truth is whatever it is. I do not see this witness as a witness who is twisting his testimony for one side or the other.

He never saw or examined the duct tape from this case. He is citing what he has found to have happened in other cases.

In this case all the tissue was gone. Bugs and maggots had eaten all of the flesh and probably even the glue that flesh had adhered to. Plus the duct tape had been out in a hurricane, 6 months of torrential rain, heat, flooding and swamp bacteria. Almost no glue was left.

As the witness said, it would be very difficult to get a DNA profile from a sample that had gone through what this duct tape went through.

OMG I just nodded off at comp with hand on the mouse LOL

foxone1‎ RT @CFNews13Casey: #CaseyAnthony
"Eikelenboom continues to explain trace DNA to jury. Juror 8 (woman) is taking lots of notes. Only one I see taking notes."
Twitter - 4 minutes ago

Some people I can see behind Ashton are almost asleep. LOL

I watched a true crime show not too long ago and this very same Dutch guy is the one that solved the case of a girl in I believe Colorado that was raped and killed by a former boyfriend. Without the DNA evidence found by this Dutch scientist the guy would never have been convicted. The case was over 20 years old if I remember right.

Baez really really <katsnip> the pooch on not prepping this witness by letting him know what the case is about and figuring out what this witness was going to say BEFORE putting him on the stand.

(I definately see this portion used in future law classes---how NOT to---type of class)

Interesting tidbit about the death penalty: It costs $24m to put someone to death and if Casey is given the death penalty she won't be put to death until the 23rd century.
by Jessica Steck/WESH.com at 2:34 PM

OK note to self. Only a true idiot would attempt to face or challenge JA in court on something concerning DNA. Am I wrong in thinking that JA might possibly be a more qualified DNA expert than the witness? I mean to the extent that he probably could testify in court as an expert?

and your point is... (I kid, I kid - but that's been well established)

2 guys who are both interested in the truth rather than playing games.

Bravo Mr E
BRAVO JA

Also am I wrong in thinking that Eiklenbloom seems to be having way more fun talking shop with JA than he had with JB? I mean Eiklenbloom is glowing! "JA GETS IT! He understands. I am talking to the famous attorney who first got DNA admitted and he understands my work!"

I'm thinking that this might not go down in the win column for JB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela