2011.06.22 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-five)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
for under 14 it is probably a reasonably safe guess that the vast majority of any of those under 14 drownings that occurred in swimming pools were toddlers. (And gods, I really wish I didn't know this stuff. I still have nightmares regarding some of it.). Drownings in pools tend to be either less than 4-5 years old or old enough to be suffering from an altered mental status (ie booze, drugs, etc). (This is drowning mind you, which is different from fatal pool or swimming accidents, such as spinal or head injuries from diving and roughhousing).

Having sadly encountered actual toddler pool drownings there are a few things that stand out in every single instance. When a child is found at the bottom of a pool they do not start yelling at one another. They do not blame. They panic. Also no adult will EVER even begin to conceive that that child is dead until the doctor says so. In every toddler drowning I was ever called out for, there was only 1 instance where the adults actually waited for the ambulance. In all others the moment that the first police car arrived they grabbed the child and took off in it for the hospital. The cops were supposed to be trained to wait for the ambulance and do CPR. Not one of them ever followed that when a small child was involved. They like the parents/adults saw the child, grabbed them and ran for the hospital. It was hard wired into their nervous systems. They could not not do that. (That one time that the kid actually made it into the ambulance. The rig was already on scene as part of the "missing child" search.)

If Caylee had actually drowned and GA was the one to find her in the pool either 911 would have been called or George would have driven her to the hospital himself. There could be no other possible scenario. It just could not happen any other way.

Excellent post!!! :gthanks: Thank you kindly for making it so clear.

Originally Posted by RR0004
Someone mentioned (last night?) a notice of appearance...could this guy be it?

Who is this Slabaugh person I haven't heard about before? Sorry, been reading here and watching for ages but don't remember hearing about this person.

I believe the Notice of Appearance is probably for the attorney for Vasco Thompson, but don't know for sure?

Slabaugh is the new young man on the defense team. He recently was sworn in by Judge Perry as an attorney. He is the young man who sits at the table and talks with the Inmate when the other attorneys are away from the table.

Originally Posted by miimaa
Awesome YouTube - ‪Jose Baez on Casey Anthony case‬‏

maybe this will be played at JB's disbarment hearing

Wow, Nancy and JB both look so much younger in this video.

I think JB was still snookered by ICA at this point. He seems to really believe the nanny business and maybe the airport sighting. He also hasn't developed his snarky attitude yet.

A hung jury does not result in an acquittal. It results in a mistrial, after which she can be re-tried.

THANK YOU !!! I used the wrong term ... I am sooooo sorry !!!

This trial is wearing me out and I can't think no more. :banghead:

Slabaugh is Baez new attorney he brought on board this year..he is the baby face chunky kid..Poor guy..bet he will be running after this FIASCO..:great:

Let's not forget that he is "traffic challenged". :giggle:

Wow, Nancy and JB both look so much younger in this video.

I think JB was still snookered by ICA at this point. He seems to really believe the nanny business and maybe the airport sighting. He also hasn't developed his snarky attitude yet.

I never watched the news about this back then. So this is the first time I ever saw this clip, and all I can say is - what a difference a few years makes!

JB looks so much younger and he actually... makes sense, strangely enough. He sounded fairly articulate. He sounded... dare I say it... sincere? I think he genuinely thought there was some alternate explanation back then.

NG actually LETS HIM SPEAK! What's up with that!? Wow, she paid attention to him very intently and let him say his piece.

It's like bizarro-world.

I have 2 questions, (I'm trying to catch up with the trial):

1/ The Anthonys are sitting behind the prosecution, is there any statement from their lawyer saying that they're figuratively behind the prosecution? Or does it blatantly mean they support the State in this case?

2/ Is it possible for the jury to find casey guilty of a lessor offense, such as manslaughter?

Slabaugh is Baez new attorney he brought on board this year..he is the baby face chunky kid..Poor guy..bet he will be running after this FIASCO..:great:

Thwarted by Orlando traffic- that's how he came to our notice....

Excellent post!!! :gthanks: Thank you kindly for making it so clear.

yup, you are absolutely correct. Our neighbor's have an inground pool with a 6 foot privacy fence, an alarm on the gate and a floating alarm and I don't even allow my kids' outside unsupervised. If god forbid one of them ever fell in I would force every paramedic and doctor to do CPR until they shot me full of thorazine.:sick:

BBM ---- I just had a lightbulb moment resulting from the bolded portion.

Had Caylee died as a result of an accident this would not be the method of disposal.

GA adored Caylee, she would have been buried wrapped in a blankie, hugging her favorite toy, and other such things that we respect our dead with.

Forget the forensics, the MANNER of disposal suggests murder.

Shoot, I am slow.:waitasec:

No, not slow. Just a good person who knows you don't toss a beloved ones remains into a cheap plastic trash bag and sling 'em into a dump as if they were week old take away containers and empty beer bottles.

And like the rest of us, you cannot even begin to get into the mind of someone who could.

1/ The Anthonys are sitting behind the prosecution, is there any statement from their lawyer saying that they're figuratively behind the prosecution? Or does it blatantly mean they support the State in this case?

2/ Is it possible for the jury to find casey guilty of a lessor offense, such as manslaughter?

the seats are assigned.

they can find her guilty of many lessor charges including second degree murder, felony murder one and many variations of manslaughter

for under 14 it is probably a reasonably safe guess that the vast majority of any of those under 14 drownings that occurred in swimming pools were toddlers. (And gods, I really wish I didn't know this stuff. I still have nightmares regarding some of it.). Drownings in pools tend to be either less than 4-5 years old or old enough to be suffering from an altered mental status (ie booze, drugs, etc). (This is drowning mind you, which is different from fatal pool or swimming accidents, such as spinal or head injuries from diving and roughhousing).

Having sadly encountered actual toddler pool drownings there are a few things that stand out in every single instance. When a child is found at the bottom of a pool they do not start yelling at one another. They do not blame. They panic. Also no adult will EVER even begin to conceive that that child is dead until the doctor says so. In every toddler drowning I was ever called out for, there was only 1 instance where the adults actually waited for the ambulance. In all others the moment that the first police car arrived they grabbed the child and took off in it for the hospital. The cops were supposed to be trained to wait for the ambulance and do CPR. Not one of them ever followed that when a small child was involved. They like the parents/adults saw the child, grabbed them and ran for the hospital. It was hard wired into their nervous systems. They could not not do that. (That one time that the kid actually made it into the ambulance. The rig was already on scene as part of the "missing child" search.)

If Caylee had actually drowned and GA was the one to find her in the pool either 911 would have been called or George would have driven her to the hospital himself. There could be no other possible scenario. It just could not happen any other way.

As usual this post is right on Faefrost....I bow to you now and to your knowledge and your eloquent way with words.

Chloroform could've been an overdose if it was ingested or injected and that could have been the cause of death. I believe she did the right thing by not putting COD down in the autopsy report.

The ME cannot "guess" at the cause of death. A skeleton is not like a heart attack, cancer, poisoning, gunshot wound or whatever. The ME cannot speculate, the physical evidence must be apparent and supportable on/in the body.
We do have the autopsy report in our files. Why not have a read? It is gruesome but it is what is it.

Who is this Slabaugh person I haven't heard about before? Sorry, been reading here and watching for ages but don't remember hearing about this person.

He was the attorney that was thwarted by traffic the day AFTER the expert reports were due. He filled out an affidavit about it and everything. Nothing like learning from the Master, eh?

1- It doesn't mean the A's are on the State's side.

2- yes, She can be found guilty of manslaughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!