2011.06.22 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-five)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but the police require probable cause to make an arrest. They would need to have substantial reason to believe a crime had been committed and that the suspect involved had committed that crime. The police were obviously confused as to the lying, and they knew for sure she had done that. But they had no idea why she was lying. You are assuming that they knew it was because she was personally involved in a kidnapping of her own daughter, or a murder. They knew no such thing. All they knew for certain was that she had lied about what had happened to her daughter and was continuing to lie to them about things that were obviously easily disproved.

Outside of being unbelievably confusing, this would also raise more questions than create probable cause. YM was wondering whether she was intentionally hiding her child, for example, from the grandparents (which is not illegal, by the way). He was also wondering whether she was simply refusing to tell them where the child was because it was with a boyfriend, etc., and did not want others to know about the relationship. There were a nearly infinite number of possibilities. None of that adds up to probable cause for an arrest for kidnapping or murder.

We are seeing all of this in hindsight. It is easy for us to read meaning and significance into events as they unfolded three years ago, because we know the whole story now. The police at Universal that day had only begun to take the magical mystery tour into ICA's freak show. They could not possibly have realized that there was a possibility that she had actually done something to her child.

That being said -- I do believe that YM was not being entirely honest in his responses during his initial testimony with JB regarding whether he had any suspicion about what might have happened. He was dealing with a girl who had not reported her child missing for 31 days and then lied to the police with every statement that came out of her mouth. I do not believe that he was not suspicious, and it may well be that all of them thought she was involved and should be considered a suspect.

I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt, but frankly, that makes as little sense as the DT's theory of what happened. In other words, it just defies credulity to imagine that they wouldn't have had some suspicion.

:cow:

I agree that YM was suspicious of everything KC had told him. I always wondered why YM didn't just admit to JB that he was suspicious. I guess he knew the miranda rights issue was a touchy one and figured its better to say she was not a suspect yet. I always thought the the miranda rights issue is much simpler than this.

Originally Posted by Coldpizza
Well I have a different opinion

Jose Baez is the kind of guy I wouldn't trust with my brown bag lunch, let alone my life. He would be the kind of guy to take apart my sandwich, lick the peanut butter off the bread, put my sandwich back together and put it back in the bag before returning it to me.

Exactly and blame the dog.

Oh wow! I think you just gave JBs closing argument:

"Asking for mistrial on grounds.. Uh...the German Shepherd and the Labrador ate our defense. Yeah, that's it. Really."

(and icky on the pb sammie thing...eeew)

Thank you.. I would think it would be rather risky to drive up to that location on Surburban, get out of the car, open the truck and take a black bag into those woods too...IS there heavy traffic on that road, anyone know?

There is no traffic on that road when school lets out for the year. You can drive a block from the main road on Suburban to get to Hopespring or drive around the curve to the site a block down.

No, no gate, and no, no house just behind theirs.

The remains were found IIRC 15 houses down from the Anthony's.

So either ICA all by herself hoisted the "sleeping" weight of her deceased child up and over a 5' fence (without causing any fractures to the bones that were eventually found, and without leaving any decomp sig anywhere in the backyard other than in front of Caylee's play area), then either jumped the fence herself or ran down to the end of the block then waded through the overgrowth to fetch the bag and drag it back to the final resting site about 20 feet from the roadside on Suburban, or...

Oh lordy. I forgot to weave RK into all this. Let me reconsider. :crazy:
BBM
Not just RK,but a dog,too.

IMO No way did Casey WALK a quarter mile lugging Caylee. That would have been work. She's just too LAZY.

That's precisely why she was in the trunk. In Casey's trunk, not George's. George, as ex-LE, would have done a much better job if he wanted to get rid of a body or any evidence of any crime.

Casey Anthony 's Parents told CNN Gary Tuchman that they believe she is NOT INNOCENT.
From Anderson Cooper 360 tonight. Now their attorney is backpedaling and will issue a statement.

Originally Posted by Soulmagent View Post

You don't believe Dr. G? I don't think anyone here minds, because it's okay for you to think ICA is innocent, unlike most of us. lolol

Really, isn't this all rather a mute point? Dr.G reported Caylee's death was a homicide. Dr. G concluded it was a homicide because of the way the body was found and where it was found. She also plainly stated that children who appear to have drowned---their guardians/parents call 911-something like 99.999% of the time.

Dr.G also testified that---
There was no reason for this child to be found with duct tape wrapped around her head 3 times.There was no reason for her blankie from home to be with her.There was no reason for her to be stanched in trash bags and thrown away like trash...
UNLESS SHE WAS MURDERED.

The state does not need to prove cause of death.
Cause of death was not known in Laci Peterson's case, but her husband was convicted of 1st degree murder.

I believe what she says .

I do not know if Casey is guilty I just do not think the state has proved murder so I was rethinking certain aspects of the case and this is troublesome.I am disapointed in the SA for not having a better case (imo) .

Dr. G said in court her opinion on her thinking the duct tape caused death and she also went on to list the manner of death as homicide which she supported with studies ,statistics and experience so she could have used the same method to list a COD.

I watched her in court and I believe her to be hard working and devoted so I question her not moving forward with a COD that she could have supported with statistic,studies and past experience.

I dont mean to upset anyone who thinks Casey is 100 percent guilty or to imply I do not believe Dr.G.

To me it appears, she is completly able to say Homicide based the three reasons she listed in court,yet refuses to use the same method to say how Caylee died , that she didnt want to lock herself into a COD on the death certificate. The reason she listed in court did not prove a homicide.

To me I see it as the first problem in the states case. I know they dont NEED a COD ,what they did need is a homicide listed as the manner of death and the grounds for the homicide listed IMO are shakey. Not that I dont believe her research or what she says but her opinion and bases for the homicide were not that strong.

Iwas downtown today and watched as the DT walked to lunch together. JB had his arm around DS shoulders. Cm, LF, DS JB and Boy all went together. A couple of men were harassing them-screaming foul things at them close-up and following them 5-10 feet back. JA and a friend walked unassumingly down the street to lunch another way.

Does anyone know if JA has children or a wife? :blushing:

I don't know if JA has biological children (although I think he does), but I do know that he and his wife adopted an Asian (chinese, not sure of politically correct term) girl (possibly two) a few years ago.

Iwas downtown today and watched as the DT walked to lunch together. JB had his arm around DS shoulders. Cm, LF, DS JB and Boy all went together. A couple of men were harassing them-screaming foul things at them close-up and following them 5-10 feet back. JA and a friend walked unassumingly down the street to lunch another way.

Wow, I bet all the blood ran out of his arm with it raised up so high over his head!

That, or he was wearing his Extra High Shoe Lifts today. :loser:

(For those who are interested...)

Casey's Roommate Tells All

In her first interview, the woman who lived with Anthony after her 2-year-old was reported missing tells Diane Dimond about her “crazy” eruptions, romantic interests—and quest for fame.

As the defense team in the Casey Anthony murder trial presents a muddled case of fits and starts, punctuated by several slap-downs of lead defense attorney Jose Baez, a more compelling, never-before-told story about the defendant is unfolding thousands of miles away from the Orlando courtroom.
In an interview with The Daily Beast, Tracy Conroy, of Sacramento, California, is speaking out for the first time about her experience with Casey Anthony in the days immediately following news that her daughter, Caylee, was missing.

For nine days and nights in August 2008, Conroy lived inside the Anthony home and saw firsthand what she described as the “completely narcissistic world” in which Casey operated. “It was always all about her... and when she spoke of Caylee she talked about her in the past tense,” says Conroy. “It was clear to me she knew her daughter was already dead and [the search for Caylee] was all a big game to her.”

click the link to continue reading...

http://www.rr.com/news/topic/article/rr/10374903/44382327/Caseys_Roommate_Tells_All/1

I don't know why Diane Dimond is presenting this as new information. This is just all repeat information from testimony taken and information released at least 2.5 years ago. Nothing at all is new.

IMO No way did Casey WALK a quarter mile lugging Caylee. That would have been work. She's just too LAZY.

And certainly not carrying a bag that stunk to high heaven and could have been oozing decomp fluid!

That girl? Not a chance!

I don't know if JA has biological children (although I think he does), but I do know that he and his wife adopted an Asian (chinese, not sure of politically correct term) girl (possibly two) a few years ago.

You are right - Asian is the PC term.

Don't know where to put my question so I'll just drop it here in hopes someone can answer it.
Went on a "search" but being as the subject is duct tape, well....... *:)

George has said under oath that when he got the gas cans back from Casey, he noticed the vent cap was missing so he used a piece of duct tape to put over the vent hole.

Cindy, second *time she got on the stand, trial, said that George told her he got the gas cans back from LE and the vent cap was missing so he applied a piece of duct tape to the can to cover the vent hole.

Not that it's a big deal in the grand scheme of things but is this yet another lie coming from one of the Anthonys or is it just confusion because there was so much going on during that time?

Could this be another drop in an already full glass regarding George's x-wife and her comment about George having a not-so-truthful streak? *Could that streak possibly be inherited by one or more offspring?

IIRC GA's testimony on stand...

GA put a piece of duct tape on the gas can when he got it back from ICA sans vent cap.*

LE later took the gas can away.*

When LE returned the gas can, that particular piece of duct tape was gone...so GA put on *another* piece to seal the vent.*

Later, LE took the gas can again, and this time, kept it as evidence.*

When GA was on stand, he was shown a picture of the gas can. This picture was taken by LE when they took the can the second time.*

I'm paraphrasing the next bit of testimony, but it was very close to the following, if I recall correctly:

Q: "Is the piece of duct tape on the gas can in this picture the same piece as when you *originally*..." (my emphasis and meaning the FIRST time he surrendered the gas can) "...originally gave the can to LE?"

GA: "No."

And then I think there was a sidebar and afterwards, GA explained about replacing the duct tape.*

Don't know why this "No" of GA has stayed with me, but I do remember it stood out to me at the time.*

I hope this helps and that I recalled it correctly. I'm sure this particular duct tape question has already been thoroughly resolved in another thread by the Dauntless WS Researchers, but I couldn't find this part either. But I also freely admit to being search-challenged.*

Wow, I bet all the blood ran out of his arm with it raised up so high over his head!

That, or he was wearing his Extra High Shoe Lifts today. :loser:

---------
Original Post by Amil *

--------

This *really* disturbs and upsets me.*

Just think how terrifying that must have been for them!*

While I have *no use* for JB and the DT, that was just wrong. It shows those people to be of the same mentality as ICA. In other words, do what you want, wherever and however you want, as long as *you* are being entertained and having fun, what does it matter who else is harmed or frightened. Even the DT has the right to walk down the street without being verbally assaulted and no doubt terrorized. They were probably wondering--and worried--this "mob" (and no matter how many there were , this was mob mentality) might escalate this to a physical attack, or could even have a weapon.*

I absoluely hate the type of people who have the mindset that no one save thrmselves have any rights...not even to walk down a street in peace.*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member