2011.06.22 TRIAL Day Twenty-five (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still trying to figure out why Baez called this witness,,,,,

I'm still wondering about that too. I guess when your case is so weak you call anyone that can't say anything bad about your client although their testimony means nothing.

Morning all how dare my sister call me at nine.
ICA looking pretty miserable today, not happy.

Hair sample Q59 hair mass is what she received to test.

I do not need a chemist to prove MY house has suffered. So has my posterior - I have gained weight from so much sitting! Since my husband got sucked in, he does zip now as well! The fault ALL lies with ICA and the DT!

Let's all call Morgan and Morgan and suggest a class action against JB and company, so we can get a verdict and garnish all the future proceeds he will be earning.:great:

So, she has a bachelor's in biology and took a few grad classes in Chemistry...so not a chemist and not a doctor, Correct?

I think she said BS in Chemistry from GW in DC.

Heh, acronyms galore.

big deal there was months between the crime and discovery of Caylee if I'm a juror that testimony has no bearing IMO

It does for me. It says this woman acknowledges the death of her baby June 16th then hid her in trash bags duct taped thrown in the woods with beer bottles amongst other trash to rot and be chewed for 6 months.

Wow - Madeline Montgomery must have been 10 when she started with the FBI....AND....she's a chemist! :dance:

Meh...all JA has to do with respect to any hair evidence she gives is ask her how long chemicals can be detected in hair.

Done.

Oh holy smoke - I was walking back in the room from taking a bathroom break and thought the next witenss said she was with The Society of Friends. JB called a Quaker to the stand? To testify to what? That ICA as a secret Quaker wouldn't be capable of murder?

Then I realized she's some lab gal.

Anyone else think the DT is just calling meaningless witnesses so they can say in CS 'We called twice the amount of experts as the SA'?

None of their witnesses has given evidence proving Casey's innocence IMO.

It's like when you were in high school and had to write a 5 page essay and you wrote big to fill up the space on the paper.
That is exactly what this defense is. Filler.

Eventually Baez is going to have to get to the meat of his story, I think he is actually scared of what George and others will say on the stand,keeps putting it off.One more day please till I get to the end of the hall!!!

I'm beginning to think he is not going to call any one but experts.

I think you might be right, but imo that's a huge gamble for them since during opening statements they gave a definitive narrative for what happened. If they just keep up this line of "I didn't see anything" from experts and this whole conspiracy theory, it isn't doing anything to create reasonable doubt I think. Especially considering half their witnessess end up verifying the prosecution's science. Maybe they would have been better served just putting ICA up there to tell whatever tale she wanted.

Checking for chemicals in the hair. The hair was in a swamp for 6 months and hurricane what could be in it.. swamp water.

Or she could have slipped them off in the car and chanced going in the woods with just her socks on, then tossed them out during the 31 days.

Or she could have worn those things that you slip over your shoes. They wear them in hospitals, people who clean carpet wear them, people who delivered my furniture wore them. I think they can be purchased at any hardwear store, maybe thay had them in Cindy's office location.

Hair.

Any chemicals that may be within the hair itself - use liquid nitrogen to grind hair into dust, then extracted overnight in a chemical solvent, then purify that solvent into an extract to test on a machine (LC/MS).

JB parading professional witnesses in front of the jury hoping they will think all these FBI'ers etc will lend some professional validity to his side of the case.

All he has to do is instill some sort of reasonable doubt. He does that by attacking links, no matter how weak or strong they are, that place ICA with the body or the body location. Granted, this is probably not being very effective, but it's the only defense they have. They cannot defend 31 days, so instead they try to remove ICA from the recovery site.

These experts really just want to tell the truth and prefer when lawyers ask the correct questions to get the whole picture expressed. She will do fine with JA

JA: Would you expect to find any evidence in hair that has been underwater during summer in Florida for 6 months?
Witness: No
JA: No further questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members