2011.06.22 TRIAL Day Twenty-five (Morning Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wow they STILL trying to go after Vass???

See...he's not a 'real' chemist. ;) He worked at Dow as a research chemist and then at ORNL.

Okay I understand Defense can bring witnesses in order to use them to discredit State witnesses and not actually to support Defense (like Wise yesterday), but IMO, when he does that, he comes off looking really bad. He calls them up, tries to discredit them, then JA uses them as State witnesses on cross. All he's helping to do is remind the Jury of the excellent witnesses they had (Vass, Haskell, etc)
Why doesn't Baez concentrate on bringing in people that will help his client instead of making her look worse? Is there a method to this madness that I'm just not understanding? If I was on the jury and I saw a lawyer being hostile to their own witnesses, I'd question it.

I woke up a short while ago and saw about five minutes of JB's talks with that woman and then the cross. Did he really call someone from a lab that cannot test for chloroform in hair to prove that there was no chloroform in the hair?

Yes..........and Good Morning.

RichardHornsby‎ #CaseyAnthony

"Cheney Mason: What in the name of Jesse James do you suppose that gobbledygook the State introduced as so-called-evidence is?"

Twitter - seconds ago

I have grown weary of watching the Casey Cam - It has grown quite boring. My suggestion would be to replace it with a BIAZ cam - lets see what expressions Biaz has as he tries to learn the art of law from his "good Ol'Boy" partner CM.

I thought multiple witnesses in the same field was 'bolstering' when the state did it?

KBelichWFTV:
UCF forensic chemist Dr. Michael Sigman, who worked with Dr. Vass at Oak Ridge Lab for a decade.. Is now on the stand [

Every time I think Jose couldn't possibly be any more stupid, he proves me wrong. Who in the heck calls their own wittnesses life work meaningless!! WTF is wrong with this man??

Another witness who will be asked about Dr. Vass, imo...

CFNews13Casey Casey Anthony News13
Sigman used to work (90-02) at Oak Ridge National Lab with Dr. Vass. He is explaining what is a peer reviewed article.

He worked at Oakridge Laboratory until 2002

wonder why he left?

he's a "research" scientist. Thought Jose looked down on them? Maybe that's why he's letting Mason do it

I'm watching the trial on WFTV and following along on their blog. Someone asked if the jurors know who the alternates are and the moderator said "No". Now I'm wondering what that meant?

I'm under the impression there are 12 jurors and 6 alternates so a total of 18. Is this moderator saying that no one knows who the final 12 jurors are at this point?

I'm almost hoping this is the case because I worry about #4, as many of our WSers do. Hoping I am making myself clear. TIA

I don't know about Florida law (or any really) but when I was on a very long trial as a juror, we had no alternates. When we asked, we were told it was not necessary to have 12 jurors! I can only assume a unanimous verdict is what counts and not the number of jurors deliberating. At least in my state!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member