2011.06.23 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-six)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You all know Jeff Ashton is going to destroy this guy, right?? :floorlaugh: I think the defense is just stalling because they know it's coming. I can not believe this guy came back for this?!?!?

me either:floorlaugh:

Trial thread closed on me, but wanted to say:

Peliman...your post about PapaJohn waiting in the hall was hilarious! :floorlaugh:

Trial thread closed on me, but wanted to say:

Peliman...your post about PapaJohn waiting in the hall was hilarious! :floorlaugh:

agreed.... it made me LOL literally

HHJP should just start handing out monetary penalites for asking questions outside the scope that JP has given permission for.

The above is a qoute from the trial thread......

I do not understand why JP doesn't call the DT into his chambers and raise holy hell over their antics in these proceedings! He is well within his rights to yell, bang his fists on his desk, and tell these lawyers to stop playing the games and start playing by the rules!

I'm at a loss for words today, and that happens rarely to me.

This was a very frustrating morning and I suspect that the DT will waste lots of time trying to find one qualified expert that will disagree with Dr. Vass, seriously that's all it boils down to, they want to discredit Dr. Vass, his testimony is that important and they know they are sunk.

I have decided that when they continue after lunch, I will pluck out all hairs in my eyebrows until there is only one line of hair...I will then move on to my arm hairs. This would be so much less painful than listening to this ...carp.

Is anyone watching Wesh and can tell me if I missed RH? He tweeted it was going to be must see tv.
Not yet. The noon news is on everyday after the lunch recess. Same window as the live trial is on. They do cut to black screen when commercials are playing.

Any lab ought have standards and protocols. I am sure JA will destroy this guys credibility but I scratch my head at the lack of written procedures and protocols by Dr. Vass's lab.
I have to agree, as much as I loved Dr. Vass and his testimony, I'm wondering about this lack of procedures and protocols, too. JA is VERY GOOD at what he does, or JB is REALLY BAD at what he does- since DT has not been able to really get this point across in a strong way.

That was just embarrassing. Based on that I would have thought Sims had no legal training whatsoever. If I didn't know better I would have thought she was a defendant defending herself.

It's really amazing how the defense has tried to attack Vass' work over and over but has pretty much failed, and it's my opinion as somebody with a lot of experience in lab quality control and accreditation that Vass' work probably has a lot of holes. I'm glad for the prosecution's case but it's mindboggling to see that level of incompetence from Sims.

Really? I thought this line of questioning was thought provoking and unfortunately could set reasonable doubt on the stain for a juror... Not for me!!!... but for a juror who has not researched it, they may latch on to it... I can't wait for cross!!!

Lippman and the Anthony's are apparently holding a defence conference after court today.

I look for Lippman to do this news conference, and then quietly, behind closed doors, be ejected as the Anthony family attorney. On to # 4, or is it #5 Anthony attorney?

Not yet. The noon news is on everyday after the lunch recess. Same window as the live trial is on. They do cut to black screen when commercials are playing.

Thanks. I've got it on now. I missed the first few minutes and was afraid I missed him.

I just think all the planets were in alignment for Caylee when this Motley Crew came together. You would have to search far and wide in order to assemble a more ineffective bunch of Attorneys than Baez Mason and Simms.

I am honestly confused about Dorothy Sims performance. I made a joke about it in the trial thread, but I am seriously and really perplexed at what just happened with the last witness. I thought she was an experienced lawyer and an expert in the field of questioning forensic and science witnesses? I was confused about this because her website says she specializes in social security, but I thought I remembered hearing she was a superstar in questioning and cross exam. But that is about as far from the truth as ICA’s lies. Ms. Sims is really embarrassing herself with the poor questioning of this last witness.

I just hope the jury isn't feeling frustrated with Ashton because he is calling all of the objections, but notes it for what it really is and that is lack of competence from the defense.

If you want to see one hot mess go and watch the frye hearings with Sims this Dr Logan and Jeff Ashton who not only wiped the floor with them he just about nearly gave Sims a nervous breakdown. Sims was a gibbering mess as Ashton barely let her get a question out. It was beautiful.

I wonder when the real fireworks are going to start, I'm on the verge of turning on Hoarders...:pullhair::partyguy: This is honestly getting rediculous - I have never in my life heard such drivel. The only good thing is that it's so flipping boreing that JB hasn't had time to really screw things up....:twocents:

During the state's CIC, I hated dragging myself away for work - even though I love my job!

Now that the defense is up, I am SO GLAD work time rolls around and I can forget about this trial for a bit.

Godspeed to those of you hanging in for the afternoon session! Wake me for the penalty phase. :innocent:

Any lab ought have standards and protocols. I am sure JA will destroy this guys credibility but I scratch my head at the lack of written procedures and protocols by Dr. Vass's lab.

I agree with this thought - and even though JA will most likely tear this guy up - if he doesn't prove that there were procedures and protocals - then it makes me wonder about Vass's lab and if it makes me wonder - does it make the jury wonder?

Good, IMO.

My brother smokes and can barely hold a thought when he's in need of a cigarette. I don't want the smokers on the jury losing their concentration.

I was like this smoking mainstream cigarettes. I live near a reservation and they had Skydancer cigarettes for 12 bucks a carton at the time. I tried them. I haven't smoked a mainstream cigarette since. I'm convinced the big tobacco companies put things in their cigarettes to make us want more.

I haven't quit, but my smoking habits have changed. I no longer smoke in my car - which is huge for me. I can actually go several hours when I'm out and about without a cigarette and barely think about it. I know longer wake up in the middle of the night just to burn one.

I have to agree, as much as I loved Dr. Vass and his testimony, I'm wondering about this lack of procedures and protocols, too. JA is VERY GOOD at what he does, or JB is REALLY BAD at what he does- since DT has not been able to really get this point across in a strong way.
It's a combination of both. JA is very good and the defense team is just horrible so the gap between them is huge. Nobody on the defense team has any ability to think on his or her feet. If anything deviates from their planned points (which are usually sloppy in themselves) they are lost.

This might only be my logic here but if Expert B gets on the stand to discredit Expert A I would look at the testimony side by side for evaluation.

When Experts B-X testify in order to discredit Expert A I would be looking much more closely at the testimony of Expert A. I would want to know why it took so many scientists to discount the findings of one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member