2011.06.23 TRIAL Day Twenty-six (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just thinking about Stan Strickland. no offense to him or his abilities, but I think that without HHJP's strictness and experience, there would have been a mistrial already.

So are you saying it's ok that JA does? JA knows very well that Defendant has no burden to test anything - that question was to inflame the fury with Inference that they had to or should have.

HH just told the defense that they can't have their witness discredit Dr. Vass unless he produced results that were different.It's the defense that is pushing the issue.

This witness is not qualified to testify about Dr. Vass. So, why did HHJP allow it?

Talking in the hallway: #JoseBaez , #cindyanthony and Cindy's attorney, Mark Lippman. Curious.
by stevehelling via twitter at 1:36 PM

Isn't that twitter-er the one who writes for People currently writing the article, "Could Casey walk?"

Just curious. And also, have to remind myself daily, that no matter how many countless injustices (injusticees...lol) surround us every single minute of the day that Caylee will have justice.

Witness was asked if he is able to replicate Dr. Vass's results, and JA thinks it opened the door for him to ask why he didn't try. DS objects because it shifts the burden of proof to the defense implying that they should have run the tests and she was just trying to point out that the tests were run according to no protocol the witness is aware of and the reports give insufficient information to replicate.

Judge saying that it's a fine line here and let's recess.

The parties quoted caselaw, Overton and Hayes I think.

Thank you. If you don't mind I'm going to put your post in the "What did we learn today thread"

I will cry if a mistrial goes down. Especially if the SA's fault.

But thats just it!! I think if a mistrial happens now it would be the DT's fault for opening the door!! if i understand correctly!!

Talking in the hallway: #JoseBaez , #cindyanthony and Cindy's attorney, Mark Lippman. Curious.

Shouldnt there be consequences for lawyers who constanly try to get a mistrial by messing up on purpose? Why are they allowed to do this?

I suspect that after today it may not just be JB who has to break out the checkbook once the trial is over. HHJP was specifically dressing down DS for ignoring his order concerning Dr. Logan. I think the patern of such behaviors has become so pervasive by the defense that he will drop the hammer on all of them.

I thought double jeopardy only applied when someone had actually been aquitted....that they could never ever be tried again for that same crime. No?

In case this hasn't been aswered, double jeopardy could apply if the SA causes the mistrial. JA got a little over zealous, imo. Let's see of His Honor can save it.

CSI Jen Welch is back in hallway. #CaseyAnthony -jfell
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 1:40 PM

I think HHJP is just making double ..triple.. certain he is ruling correctly either way.. JA already said he would withdraw the question.. I think he is more defending Dr. V's honor than anything else.........

ALSO......He hates these cans...stay away from the cans!

I dont' care- rule against the state- just keep the trial moving without mistrial and let's all move on from this.

according to tweets CSI Jenny welch in hallway again....bless her heart!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris Giles