2011.06.23 TRIAL Day Twenty-six (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This was all gone over already when he was the State's witness. It's like hearing the exact same testimony twice (or 3 or more times once you add the crosses and rebuts etc). Why did JB call this witness as a Defense witness, just to repeat the same testimony? :waitasec: Or am I just missing something??

This must be thoroughly annoying to the jurors.

Can't believe Jose asked if the dead body was in AC or heat before the hair was removed. Not going to fly if a hair on the dash of a car for 107 days does not show banding then a hair in the cold or AC or heat for 17 days will not.

Sad

What I want to know is:

Was the Labrador invented in the wintertime?

Isn't there a juror that has a vacation planned in early/mid July?? And IIRC, JBP told them the case should be over by then??
AND...if I were on this jury, I'd be mighty PO'd that the defense is almost wasting my time on something they DON'T need to do and I will PROBABLY miss the 4th of July BBQ/fireworks with my family and friends....

JB: Every slide you have from a live person has the exact days, and every slide you have from a deceased person does not have the days it was there. Is that correct?
Yes.
JB: These were in Tennessee in the winter time? the environmental conditions are completely different than that which would be in this case? Correct?
Yes.
JB: Another hair from Tennessee in the wintertime?
Yes.
JB: Completely different than this case. Here's another from a inside a house. Did the house have heating do you know? Completely different than environmental conditions in this case.
Yes.
JB: Same thing with this one from in the house. How long was the body there?
Two weeks.
JB: Different than environmental conditions in this case?
Yes.

ON AND ON AND ON...

How clever!! I so admire a defense atty. who works so hard at discrediting his own witness! Brilliant move!

lololololololololol

Different reactions from the hair with diff env conditions. Ugh. Dead is dead, Jose.

Testimony like this makes me WANT a sidebar. :gasp:

A sidebar, a SPECIAL BREAK that includes something much stronger than a ciggy, a verdict, sentencing- the works! I'd be happy with an :abduction: .

:pullhair:

You've made your point, JB. Yes, different environmental conditions... Sigh.

This is a hiar that was stored in a house.

Did the house have A/C or heat?
Did the house have a basement?
Did the house have a pool?
How big, in square footage, was this house?
Were there stainless steel appliances in the house?
How many flat screen TVs were in the house?
Washer - dryer?

OMG - I got out of bed for this?

I'm quite sure the SA knows and has planned to rebut this line of questioning. They were planning on bringing this in at that beginning and I'm sure they know what they are doing or they never would have wanted it in.

Kind of like an amateur chess player, he is rashly making a "move" of his pawn without realizing that it leaves a knight or bishop vulnerable on the next move?

I'm a paralegal in Jax, and attempted to stay away from the search for the missing Caylee, suspicion of Casey, investigation, etc. Once the trial started, I only viewed things from the trial, trying to keep myself as objective as possible. After Tuesday's testimony, I'm done with objectivity. I wasn't aware of a lot of the information out there (cell phone pings/records, other depos) until I started looking. I can't decide (and my 2 bosses are split on the issue) if JB is actively trying to come across as ineffective counsel (once he realized the state's case) or if he actually thinks he's doing well, and then JA gets up and foils his plan (in which case it's comically sad). My one boss is convinced that it must be the latter, as in his words, "Opposing lawyers are often sure that it's some diabolical, evil genius plan that they've cooked up. That's rarely the case. Most of the time, it's someone who thought they were smarter than they really are, and you wound up spending way too much time worrying and anticipating their next move, when in reality, they didn't even know what their next move was going to be until it happened."

Welcome to WS Turkygurl

:welcome: :wagon:

:banghead: JB simply does not understand the SCIENCE!!! I suppose dropping out in the 9th grade may have had something to do with it. I honestly feel sorry for him.

BBM- is that true?

I have minor surgery scheduled for today, this afternoon. And if CA is put on the stand during my surgery I'll scream!!!

Me too! Sucking down my lime jello right now, next is chicken broth...gak. I am trying to figure out if they have Wi-Fi at the doctor office so I can sneak in my Nook at watch...good luck to you, hope all goes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand