2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LKB just said she does not think its a plea..BUT I don't know what to believe anymore when it comes to this DT

My impression was that GA was weepy.During that time when he continues to wipe his nose,he leans back and gives a shudder/huge sigh.He appeared distressed to me. JMO.

Kathie B tweeted that he was making heavy sighs.

I know many companies offer comp time when salaried employees go over 40 hours..but I know of none this day in time that just take your word for it!

IIRC Gitana1 does not think CA will be called back during State's rebuttal,rather the phone records,computer info and work hours will come in via other people,like the record keeper at CA's job.That person has been on the State's witness list for years! They have this covered ,IMO.
JMO
Gitana1 correct me if I got that wrong!

I would be surprised if she was. I was not completely pleased with LDB's cross. I felt she omitted things. Someone stated that they could just recall CA during rebuttal but that is not the way to impeach someone's testimony or to point out how incredible that testimony is. She should have done that on cross. The fact that she didn't either means she was unprepared or she felt what she did was enough. (I did not, but it's not my case and so far they have done an amazing job).

In cross, you can ask leading questions that allow you to control the message you want the jury to have. That is not the case in a direct examination, which would be what would happen if the state called CA during rebuttal. They would not be able to ask her leading questions. That gives CA much more control over her answers and the message. So, IMO, it is a mistake to wait for rebuttal and the state would not do so unless they realized they screwed up during cross or unless they received new info.

Instead, they would present other evidence/testimony, to show that CA was not being truthful.

But, it is a delicate balance because she was a witness for the state and they don't want to make it seem like she is a total liar or the jury might discount ALL of her testimony, including all of the stuff about how casey lied.

My 2 cents...

JB is not the idiot everyone would like to think he is. I believe he knows pretty much exactly what he's doing, and he's certainly doing it zealously. Did it occur to anyone that LA did exactly what he was supposed to do on the stand? Not answering IS an answer. Leaves the impression that he has something to hide, and of course we all know what that is (wink, wink). JB is no fool. He got the "evidence" in without anyone having to say a word. And that's smart.

Regarding the judge and court reporter: someone said earlier that the "business" they had to attend to was to dismiss the jury. Apparently the judge takes the court reporter with him to the jury room.

One last thing. Remember the exchange between JA and JB--"bring it on"? Maybe this recess is about bringing it on--that is, accusations of misconduct on the part of the prosecution and/or defense. I realize that HLN's talking heads (some of whom screech rather than talk) would like to make us all believe this is some kind of bombshell. Their ratings depend upon it. JMO.

I measured from the floor to the bottom of the handle on my sliding glass door and it measures 36".

CayleeSldgDr.jpg

The little girl in this image would be 34"-35" tall. How tall was Caylee?

LOOK at the size of those shoes and feet. Do they look like a almost 3 yr olds feet? Not to me.

The speculation and guesses as to why court was recessed early have taken on a life of their own, LOL

LKB just said she does not think its a plea..BUT I don't know what to believe anymore when it comes to this DT

I would be shocked if the state would even offer/agree to a plea at this stage of the game..maybe before the trial started I thought they may..but now when it's almost over?

Why did CA tell a police officer of KC stealing her credit card for in the first place? I thought CA originally called 911 and said different things just to get them to the house before she finally called and said Caylee was missing. So, why did CA tell the police officer that KC stole her credit card once he got there if she only said that just to get him there? Did I miss something?

No, I think that is still a puzzling piece, other than Cindy just got rattled and wanted some answers and thought she could force more from Casey, if she were scared. But by this time, I think that LE already new they were saying Zanny did it.
That LE was new, and I think YM is the one who told him they were not concerned at that time about that.

omg, i think i might figure out what the Legal matter is When Judge Perry announced the recess of the day the camera went over to the SA tables or defense table one of the attorneys was shutting down their laptop, and it showed a set of pictures. i saw it on Wesh and it was at 1:02 or so...

What were the pictures please.......

Chili Fries posted this back on page 42:

Ha, I just took a screen shot of that. It's the papers Baez had in his hand when they came back into the courtroom the last time, right before the judge adjourned until Monday:

5869970094_cc0b31028b.jpg

Could be a pic of the trunk but I don't really know.

Had to bit of work/work and then back to reading 15 pages to try to catch up and actually fell asleep at my desk with my hand on the mouse - not that your comments aren't scintillating but I have now twice nodded off - once in the middle of this post - so after 4.5 hours sleep last night again - I think I will have a nap and come back in an hour to find out what you have sleuthed and read about what actually happened in there this morning. I mean I watched what happened, but I expect the real reason for it all when i get back peeps!

:floorlaugh: Yesterday he said something like "does that picture accurately reflect what it's a picture of?" (Those weren't the exact words, but you get the idea!) Me: WTF? :waitasec:

He was not allowed to describe the picture because the SA's objected to the photo being described before the picture was shown.

So he had to ask that way.

Yep, IMO, whatever this issue is, it is something that needs to be sorted out before anything else happens in this trial. Something that prevents anything from progressing. Something major.

It would be way out of character for Judge Perry to cancel court for the entire day, over a minor issue.

That I am still trying to figure out and have been searching on the inter-net for info, as the court never even started really, so I am sure it must be something big, but I do not believe that Casey is pleading out, she never in a million years will do that, to this day it has been reported that SP still claims he had nothing to do with Lacey's death, and still keeps pictures of her on his cell walls, it is called denial, denial!! She is at the top of my list for that one!!

I would be shocked if the state would even offer/agree to a plea at this stage of the game..maybe before the trial started I thought they may..but now when it's almost over?

I would be shocked to if they offered her one now..I do not believe its a deal,I think its something else.

A Brady Motion is evidence that is favorable to the DT and may be used to impeach a gov't witness and a failure to disclose evidence to the DT and deprives the defendant a fair trial.

There is stuff flying around about a Brady Motion anyone got any clues?

Will the DT claim that Rodriguez did not disclose to them that he is prohibited from testifying by the DOD and are asking for a mistrial because they need his testimony to provide a fair defense for their client? Would this call for a Brady Motion? As JB claimed loudly yesterday..."That's just it judge, we still don't know." Meaning the DT supposedly does not have confirmed knowledge as to whether Rodriguez can or cannot testify. (imo, they know he can't but are playing dumb to try to wrangle a mistrial opportunity) Would Brady here apply to Rodriguez being a DOD employee who did not disclose that he cannot legally testify to the DT?)

I would be shocked to if they offered her one now..I do not believe its a deal,I think its something else.

me too, but I have no idea what. Can't even begin to speculate! Heck, did anyone ever find out the real reason JB had to leave court during jury selection?

LKB just said it could be about the Kronk cell phone records the defense claims they never got.

Then why would the SA be left out of so much of the time in the judges chambers?

Ha, I just took a screen shot of that. It's the papers Baez had in his hand when they came back into the courtroom the last time, right before the judge adjourned until Monday:

5869970094_cc0b31028b.jpg

Could be a pic of the trunk but I don't really know.

It seems to be a comparison photo.

I have a dirty mind because the only shape I can make out is not real trash like the from the trunk ,just photographic trash. Like from the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candace22