2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...ignificant-or-no-big-deal.html/comment-page-2

Yet Mark NeJame, the Orlando attorney who is a legal analyst for WKMG-Channel 6, advised trial watchers to be “glued” to their sets at 8:30 a.m. Monday. “This is significant, this is substantial, this is a fundamental issue,” NeJame told Tony Pipitone.

NeJame discounted the notions there was a problem with the jury or a witness or that someone got sick. “You can take this judge at his word. He said it was a legal issue,” NeJame said.

oh really? :eye:

lol.

The same article quotes everyone else and Geraldo as saying it's "nothing".

Well if Casey wrote a book, I would love to read it just to try to get inside her head a little. I would already assume nothing was true, but her ability to lie is compelling enough. Just like reading her jail letters.

If Casey did write a book they would have it in the section of the library for Fairytales.

If she did write a book (and cannot profit from it, per law) I would only read it if someone gaveit to me, or if it came up as a free book for my kindle at amazon. It would all be lies, but I would read it to see how her twisted head works.
I have been listening to her lies for 3 years, whats one night sitting up READING her lies, from the horses mouth?

I think Casey tried to fire someone and the judge gave her the weekend to think about it. They got her to agree to the cooling off period and canceled court so going against her wishes would not affect her rights to counsel.

Come Monday morning she will tell the judge if she wants to go ahead and fire the person.

Interesting theory, Dr. Fessel. Do we know if the Judge talked to KC? :waitasec:

I've been thinking that maybe CM wants to quit because of JB's skirting of the laws. He might not want all that reflected on his own good record or his license to practice. Maybe the Judge needed the weekend to find case law to decide whether to allow it at this late date. Also, lawyers are required to report lawyers who break laws to the Bar so maybe CM wants to do that over something he knows due to working with JB. I think this may also cause the Judge to need some legal research to see how that would impact the case. These are just guesses of course but I've based them on things that Mark NeJame and rhornsby have said.

I wonder if the meeting could have been nothing more than Casey either being "sick" or too emotionally upset and refusing to give up her right to be in court. That could explain why the deputies came in and got the DT to go back to the holding area. JJHP could have decided not to tell the jury about it so as to not have them hold it against her, since the defense has been the cause of so many delays. I think he is doing everything possible to accommodate her so as not to cause reason for an appeal. Whatever it was couldn't have had anything to do with the SA, because they would be entitled to hear any complaints regarding them. I also believe it has something directly involving Casey.

:goodpost::welcome5:

Not sure if this has been posted or not, but everyone should watch this 3 minute account of Saturday's activities. I found it very intriguing and telling. Especially Chaney and Baez in the holding cell with ICA - and her response coming out.

Something is definitely UP!

http://www.clickorlando.com/video/28358075/index.html

Saturday: Minute-By-Minute
Local 6 News reporter Tony Pipitone recounts what happened in the Casey Anthony murder trial on Saturday.

MOO

Mel

WOW!!! Thanks soooo much for this...I hadn't seen it....nor did I even pay attention to the not so subtle reactions and gestures.
I keep watching it over and over!!

I am just not getting the " CM wants to get rid of JB" vibe. Cm would not want to take responsibility at this late date of this poor defense. They need to keep JB on the team if for no other reason but to keep reminding everyone of who is behind this mess.

Remember before trial started the local news stations showed the two squares, one red and one yellow IIRC marked with tape out on the courthouse
sidewalk. It was for people who wanted to demonstrate or protest or whatever. But I have seen no news reports since then that anybody is actually utilizing these squares. Has anybody here seen anything about this?

I walked by there on Thursday. The red box had a middle-aga woman with a large poster which read Investigation Discovery. She was the sole person in the red box. The yellow box was empty. She said she represented that website. She said that was her designated spot. I asked her what I D was an she asked me if I hadn't folloed the Anthony Trial. So the boxes are not being used except for one person's web sign.

I have a slightly different take on it. I think they do have a close bond. And I think Lee may be one of the only, strike that, THE ONLY person in the world who really knows Casey. Everyone else knows a phony, imaginary version she showed to the outer world. But Lee truly knew Casey since the day she was born.
So I don't doubt that she felt emotional towards him. But my interpretation of her tears is a little different. I think she was aware that he was 'supposed to' say that the family was worried he was the baby's father. She began crying in anticipation of this BOMBSHELL piece of evidence. They both did. But I believe he loves and appreciates Mallory and his new family life MORE than he does his lying sister and family. So he could not bring himself to say that ugly lie.

I watched it a few times on Replay. When Baez first asks him what made him so angry back then they were both crying. And he said he felt left out. More crying and sobbing. And then Baez says ' Did anything ELSE make you angry at that time?" WATCH CASEY. She STOPPED COLD, like a mannequin, held her breath and watched him intently,just WAITING for that bombshell. Then he replied the same way and she really started crying.

I believe his tears were because he was making the painful choice to turn his back on his families 'orders' to fall on the sword. And her tears were because she does love her brother,and she felt betrayed. He was the closest person in the world to her and he has finally had enough. imoo

this is a lovely post :takeabow:

watching this, i was thinking about how we have raised our son and daughter to be best friends. we had friends when they were little that allowed feuds between their kids. we made sure our kids knew that they were to always, always, take care of each other. they have done this and love each other dearly. i think in all the machinations happening in the A's house, they tried to stick together, and that LA, who i think is the only one that didn't inherit the "mistruthin" gene, bonded with his sister. he really was trying to help her out in the beginning.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...casey-anthony-why-did-court-recess-today.html

In today’s discussion, WKMG’s NeJame provided a memorable line about the trial. ”This is a case that is one for the textbooks and one for all future law students,” he said. “You’ll be reading about this for many, many years to come. There is nothing to compare this to. This is a unique case with a unique set of facts that continues to change like the wind changes.”

LOL.
Well, well. MN should know.

"a unique set of facts that continues to change like the wind changes" ??

oh my. :giggle:

what is he implying? ;)

1:15pm. Anthony's desktop PC showed somebody was searching for "Zenaida", "Age 25" "Fernandez", "Gonzalez", and "Jacksonville" (OCSO 08-069208 COMPUTER FORENSICS REPORT): From The HP desktop computer: "A keyword search for "Zenaida" was conducted on the HP desktop computer. The following files are records of web pages indicating that someone was searching for that name on the Internet."
File Created: 06/12/08 11:15:29PM
Last Accessed: 06/12/08 11:15:29PM
Last Written: 07/16/08 04:20:12PM
Keyword searches: "Zenaida", "Age 25" "Fernandez", "Gonzalez", and "Jacksonville"

There is a discrepancy on the June 12 date and I thought I heard CA say she looked on July 16th?

Great point. I don't know what kind of 'cookie' these dates came from, but I think JUNE 12, 2008 ENTRIES were the JUNE 12th origins of the cookie itself, NOT of those "Zenaida" searches. I think those keyword searches were, in fact, the last entries written - on July 16.

Kind of "Last Looked/Overwriting All Previous Ones". I have a feeling there are a long string of "06/12/08" cookies because none of those cookies were deleted. This one, started on June 12th, was merely "last written" on JUL 16th.

But this SURE is curious. Because I can't find any reference to Zenaida the NAME before June 17th. That certainly would be curious!

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...casey-anthony-why-did-court-recess-today.html

In today’s discussion, WKMG’s NeJame provided a memorable line about the trial. ”This is a case that is one for the textbooks and one for all future law students,” he said. “You’ll be reading about this for many, many years to come. There is nothing to compare this to. This is a unique case with a unique set of facts that continues to change like the wind changes.”

LOL.

what is he implying? ;)

Continue to change like the wind changes in this case means when one lie is uncovered you have to come up with another one fairly quickly.

If ANYBODY had said that about rubbing alcohol being expensive it would have been a stupid statement. But to have a NURSE up on the stand state that is just...I can't find the words. I guess she saves up her change so she can buy hydrogen peroxide too. Jeez.

You figured she would know the backgrounds of the jury. One is a health educator, one a nurse. Think they bought her crazy?

LOL.

what is he implying? ;)

must be what Beth K was implying on a blurb i heard on HLN news this morning. i should have written it down, but i did replay it a couple of times. she said that basically CA changed her testimony(i.e. lied) because they had become afraid that the way the trial was going, ICA was going to get the death penalty.

so, right there, on the tv, people are admitting that ICA's family is lying....

I think Casey tried to fire someone and the judge gave her the weekend to think about it. They got her to agree to the cooling off period and canceled court so going against her wishes would not affect her rights to counsel.

Come Monday morning she will tell the judge if she wants to go ahead and fire the person.

That is interesting, especially given the 'leaked' info that Baez gave Geraldo that evening. Geraldo said ' I have info from an unimpeachable source that the trial will resume monday morning, no harm no foul, everything back on track.'
Baez was pretty quick to downplay the situation. The court stops dead in it's tracks, with a witness room full of waiting experts and LE, a courtroom full of
employees being paid overtime, and they go and meet under SEALED records...and Baez says ' it's nothing. ..my bad'

So would that mean Baez dodged a bullet? Or perhaps Mason was denied the chance to jump ship?

It was NOT an accusation against the SA because the judge would never allow the DT to meet alone with him in that case. That would have been judicial misconduct in itself. If one side has an accusation against the other BOTH parties are required to be attendance. The only way the DT can meet privately with the judge is if it is a personal issue regarding ICA or one of the DT attorneys.

Please do not refer to websites that are not allowed to be linked here. (If you attempt to link the site and it appears as a string of asteriks *****, then it is a banned link.)

If it is not allowed to be linked, likewise it should not be discussed here.

:tyou:

recap of Sat's court proceedings. I'm sure it's been posted somewhere, but for those who havent seen it, the timed version is interesting.

http://ow.ly/1u72ty

ETA: Source Channel 6, Mike Deforest

That is interesting, especially given the 'leaked' info that Baez gave Geraldo that evening. Geraldo said ' I have info from an unimpeachable source that the trial will resume monday morning, no harm no foul, everything back on track.'
Baez was pretty quick to downplay the situation. The court stops dead in it's tracks, with a witness room full of waiting experts and LE, a courtroom full of
employees being paid overtime, and they go and meet under SEALED records...and Baez says ' it's nothing. ..my bad'

So would that mean Baez dodged a bullet? Or perhaps Mason was denied the chance to jump ship?

It was NOT an accusation against the SA because the judge would never allow the DT to meet alone with him in that case. That would have been judicial misconduct in itself. If one side has an accusation against the other BOTH parties are required to be attendance. The only way the DT can meet privately with the judge is if it is a personal issue regarding ICA or one of the DT attorneys.

I still say that CM has had enough of JB! If you go back & watch Part 1 of Saturday, the minute JB begins his "speech of disapproval" of the SA to HHJP, CM puts his hand on his forehead & rubs it like, "Jeez, this guy gives me a headache...I can't take any more". And the second JB finished, is when CM asks for a sidebar without the court reporter...he didn't want it recorded whatever was being said, so it couldn't have been about the case!

this is a lovely post :takeabow:

watching this, i was thinking about how we have raised our son and daughter to be best friends. we had friends when they were little that allowed feuds between their kids. we made sure our kids knew that they were to always, always, take care of each other. they have done this and love each other dearly. i think in all the machinations happening in the A's house, they tried to stick together, and that LA, who i think is the only one that didn't inherit the "mistruthin" gene, bonded with his sister. he really was trying to help her out in the beginning.

BBM: I agree with you, except for your take on the mistruthin' gene. I feel as if Lee and Casey are two peas in a pod. I've heard him mistruth with the best of 'em in his depositions. I don't believe him for a second.

He can lie, maybe it just doesn't benefit him to tell this one.

Is River Cruz still supposed to testify? Did anyone hear whether she is still waiting to be called and in the hall with the others? Just wondering.

Supposedly she is. And they made a big deal about her in the OS so she kind of has to. They also have to bring up Roy Kronk. And Geraldo said we are going to hear a lot from the 3 Anthony family members again too. So those 5 alone are going to take up 3 days--at least. And then we had 6 to 10 witnesses still waiting in the wings from last Friday. And there is this Furton guy, the grief nurse, and? So they are not really that close to resting their CIC, imo.

must be what Beth K was implying on a blurb i heard on HLN news this morning. i should have written it down, but i did replay it a couple of times. she said that basically CA changed her testimony(i.e. lied) because they had become afraid that the way the trial was going, ICA was going to get the death penalty.

so, right there, on the tv, people are admitting that ICA's family is lying....

if indeed so, then MN would know by first hand experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lawdaughter222