2011.06.27. HLN - 'In Session' News Coverage - Caylee Anthony Case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think its great that NG keeps showing that angry, nasty, grit the teeth face that she showed the other day. she keeps playing it over and over.

"Baez is apparently driving the bus and took a U-Turn on the interstate" LMAOOOOO oh Nancy. :floorlaugh:

I think this just give the DT a loop hole plain and simple, there's a reason why CM wasn't there today and it wasn't to make room for AF to be at the Defense table imo

I think its great that NG keeps showing that angry, nasty, grit the teeth face that she showed the other day. she keeps playing it over and over.

Have they talked about what that was about?

This is one video I don't mind being played over and over and over

NG

HHJBP ordered three psychiatrists/psychologists to examine ICA.

Showing video clips from the courtroom.......

JC: The Judge ruled today that she is competent. Her lawyers told Judge she believes she is mentally ill; too sick to assist with her trial.

NG showing various images of "tot mom" in court.

Paul Bautista, Renee Rockwell, Terry Lenamon guests

RR: Never a dull moment with her.....

TL: Calling her a young woman in the middle of a very stressful situation

PB: This is a side show; the defense is winning this case

Caller: Talking about abused children; wants to know if a brain scan was ever done on Casey.

Dr. Helen Morrison, psychiatrist explaining about competency, saying no test (scan) that can be done to determine it.

NG showing "tot mom" entering court this morning, laughing, etc.

Ellie: No court on Saturday; found out this morning the competency issue came up. She appeared to be chatting with attorneys, laughing. We found out she'd been evaluated by two psychiatrists and one psychologist over the weekend.

Showing more courtroom video.

commercial

Whoa, ICA is killer mad there in that clip NG's is showing! Poor Caylee on the days ICA got frustrated. It seems she can't control herself.

JW:[ Re ICA] "She is not feigning or faking anything." "She is probably not sleeping very well."

"there may be an internal battle over the decision concerning her testimony."

YUP. That is what I think that whole Saturday 'legal issue' was about. I think Baez was going to support the decision for her to testify and CM, being a seasoned and realistic attorney, was trying to put the brakes on.

I think CM went to the judge and said that his client was going against his legal advice and was showing signs of being delusional and out of touch with the reality of that risky decision. The judge had no choice but to stop everything and have her examined for competentcy. imoo

I think you are RIGHT ON!

JVM just got all huffy with caller asking about why HHJP allows goo=goo eyes between ICA and JB. Claims to be JB friend... that explains alot

I thought that was the stupidest choice of callers and questions for the beginning of her show anyway. JMO

a quick and easy read:

http://www.suite101.com/content/competency-to-stand-trial-a327544

Types of competency tests
The competency screening test, CST, is often used as an initial screening tool. It is a twenty-two item sentence completion test with scores that range from two being a competent answer to zero being an incompetent answer. If the score is less than twenty it suggests that an individual could possibly be incompetent to stand trial (Nussbaum, Hancock, Turner, Arrowood, & Melodick, 2007).

The competency assessment instrument, or CAI, is another assessment that consists of thirteen functions relevant to competency typically conducted within a one hour interview (Nussbaum, Hancock, Turner, Arrowood, & Melodick, 2007)). The scoring scale for this assessment is one being total incapacity to five being total capacity.

Interdisciplinary fitness interview, or IFI, is another assessment that uses five items to determine specific abilities within legal areas. It evaluates eleven types of psychological indicators (Nussbaum, Hancock, Turner, Arrowood, & Melodick, 2007). The rating here is from zero to two to describe the level of mental capacity.

The Georgia court competency test, or GCCT, consists of twenty-one items representing three dimensions. One includes general courtroom knowledge like the duties of the lawyer and judge. Another is the courtroom layout and where everyone in the courtroom is located. Finally, the specific legal knowledge the defendant has interacting with the defense counsel (Nussbaum, Hancock, Turner, Arrowood, & Melodick, 2007).

Another popular test is the MacArthur competence Assessment Tool-Criminal Adjudication, or MacCAT-CA, which obtains information about four abilities. It uses hypothetical questions the defendant must respond to focusing on the individual’s perception, ability to recognize relevant information, capability to evaluate information to make a decision, and ability to make decisions (Nussbaum, Hancock, Turner, Arrowood, & Melodick, 2007).

The evaluation of competency to stand trial- revised, or ECST-R, is used to determine three different scales that assess separate proportions of competency using eighteen items. These proportions include factual and rational understanding of the courtroom proceedings. Additionally, the defendant’s ability to consult with counsel, similar to the MacCST-CA, is measured. The ECST-R includes five scales for Atypical Presentation: realistic, impairment, psychotic, non-psychotic, and the psychotic and non-psychotic combined using twenty-eight items (Nussbaum, Hancock, Turner, Arrowood, & Melodick, 2007). The ECST-R is also more thorough at determining if the defendant is attempting to fake incompetence.

Brief summary of reasons for competency testing in a courtroom
Competence is assessed in criminal cases to determine whether or not the defendant has the mental capacity and a reasonable understanding of the legal proceedings. The point of the assessment is to discontinue proceedings if the individual is unable to understand the nature and reason for the procedures. Though competence is often raised in pretrial hearings, it can apply to every stage of criminal justice proceedings. It is important to understand the difference between the concept of insanity plea and competency to stand trial. Competency simply refers to an individual’s ability to understand why they are going through the proceedings and are capable of making decisions regarding their situation. The insanity plea would refer to a person’s ability to know right from wrong at the time of the crime.

Read more at Suite101: Competency to Stand Trial | Suite101.com http://www.suite101.com/content/competency-to-stand-trial-a327544#ixzz1QWcohHct

Whoa, ICA is killer mad there in that clip NG's is showing! Poor Caylee on the days ICA got frustrated. It seems she can't control herself.

She looks totally shocked when she realizes she is on camera. That is so funny. Gotcha!

NG

Natisha: Court ran late today. AF questioning two witnesses: John Allen, Dominic Casey. She had conflict with another case so questioned these witnesses today.

TL: explaining her questioning these witnesses; may have testimony to create a lingering doubt.

Drew P, reporter: explaining who DC is and what he did before Caylee's remains were found; searching area where she was found and didn't locate her.

NG wants to know why DC was there in the first place; who told him where to look?

commercial

Sadly that's probably the last thing the sweet angel saw. :cry:

NG "Where did the PI know where to look for Caylee's body"

hmmmmmm pick me pick me

Was it a psychic?

I am begining to think JB had DC go out there and purposely not go to where Caylee was, but everywhere else, to do exactly what he is doing now. Trying to say people went there, and Caylee was not there. :sigh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back