2011.06.27 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-nine)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a hard time swallowing Velveeta and human decomp are indeed made of similar smelly stuff.

:floorlaugh:

I loved watching LDB chatting with Finnell. They would make a good, fair matchup. IMO.

So, Dr. Furton got off the stand and kind of wandered toward the door. The defense team went about their business and ignored him. Isn't that a little rude?

I did JB speak to him when he first got off the stand.

Judge Eaton, when asked to comment on Dr. Furton's testimony possibly confusing jury, said "A confused jury is one that can't come to a conclusion in it's verdict"....

There you go....the DT's strategy is KERFLUFFLE...

Do any of you find it a bit odd (or perhaps not so much since it was Geraldo but I digress) that Geraldo said on Saturday evening that his source said Monday morning trial could continue on without us noticing anything at all.

For one, I notice Ann Finnel there which is a odd twist.

But most importantly - how could he have possibly been told this when the three competency evaluations were not even complete until late Sunday?? Only one was finished on Saturday. Further, the court order gives the deadline of the reports to be to the court by Sunday.

IMO

Tuna steak for lunch. If you don't see me typing after 3-4 minutes, someone call 911. ;)

I expect ICA to pull some kind of stunt. She doesn't want to be there.

Agreed, but what is new. She is spoiled and throws fits. Guess she found out it out legally. Now we know why she was crying then very angry Saturday.

Judge Eaton, when asked to comment on Dr. Furton's testimony possibly confusing jury, said "A confused jury is one that can't come to a conclusion in it's verdict"....

There you go....the DT's strategy is KERFLUFFLE...

I can believe they're going to be confused by Dr. Furton. But that doesn't mean they were confused by Dr. Vass. :)

CFNews13Casey

Time for lunch . A juror has an appointment. They will be back at 1:45. Attorneys will be back at 1:30 #CaseyAnthony -jfell
4 minutes ago via Twitter for iPad

Ohhhhh, so a juror has an appointment. Hope it's not for a "psyche evaluation". lol

(J/K ... no offense to any jurors but some may feel they need one after going thru all this "BS")

Way back in the day...when I was young and this case first hit...we searched here for items that had chloroform (obviously NOT to the degree found in the trunk)...you'd be surprised by what does...like toothpaste. It no longer surprises me as I just received a letter from the water company informing me my water has arsenic. So now brushing my teeth has become even more deadly. lol (I think.)

Mike Brooks saying something had to have happened that caused the DT to file the competency motion in "good faith". We have seen her following along all this time. She had to have said something that caused them to think she was not in "reality". Then again, she could have been manipulating!

My last comment reminds me of something that really bothers me. Everyone always saying ICA waited 31 days to report her daughter missing. She didn't. She was sort of forced into it by her mother, who was the one to make the report.

If CA hadn't, ICA never would have reported her daughter missing. That just irritates me so much. I hope the jury is reminded of this.

I can believe they're going to be confused by Dr. Furton. But that doesn't mean they were confused by Dr. Vass. :)

And I am hoping their common sense and ability to assemble the puzzle pieces will prevail. Hoping, hoping, hoping!!!

Do any of you find it a bit odd (or perhaps not so much since it was Geraldo but I digress) that Geraldo said on Saturday evening that his source said Monday morning trial could continue on without us noticing anything at all.

For one, I notice Ann Finnel there which is a odd twist.

But most importantly - how could he have possibly been told this when the three competency evaluations were not even complete until late Sunday?? Only one was finished on Saturday. Further, the court order gives the deadline of the reports to be to the court by Sunday.

IMO

AF is there for Motion about death penalty. Required Motion.

The psych evals were just Ordered, they only take a few hours for what was being asked.

Mike Brooks saying something had to have happened that caused the DT to file the competency motion in "good faith". We have seen her following along all this time. She had to have said something that caused them to think she was not in "reality". Then again, she could have been manipulating!

Do we think it might be her insistence on testifying when they are begging her not to?

Re: quantitative analysis. You actually can say you were shocked by the amount of something even if you are not comfortable stating the concentration of the compound in question.

First: comparative (there is more of compound X in here than in there) - is not quantitative, yet allows comparisons to be made of 'more' vs 'less', or 'measurable' vs 'below detection limits'.

Second: Vass incubated the samples. He was deliberately trying to concentrate them for testing. Therefore although his equipment and data would have given him a number that signified the concentration of compounds measured, by stating what that number was he would have been (incorrectly) stating what the concentration was in the carpet sample. When in fact he deliberately volatilized the chloroform in the carpet to boost the signal. In normal pontiac sunfire carpet he didn't find any. In ICA's pontiac sunfire carpet he found lots.

Therefore he really can say that although he can't tell you how much was there in exact numbers, it was shocking to him that there was enough left to be volatilized and captured in his tests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214