2011.06.27 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-nine)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nancy Grace is also showing that slow motion video when she is angry and it is scary...Nancy seems to think it is when Baez moves from in front of the camera and she realizes the camera can see her she changes???

IMO it doesn't have anything to do with the camera. If it had to do with the camera she wouldn't be flailing her arm with her finger hook and gnashing her teeth like Hannibal Lectcher. She was caught in a unguarded moment and was freaking out to CM about JB. When JB turned around, she pulled a fast one. After she touches her neck, she then leans over toward CM, covers her mouth and continues to speak. Some of the video clips stop short of her talking to CM after the outburst.

Interesting.... I thought this morning AF filed the motion for mistrial regarding the DP was based on the recent ruling in South Florida (Evans). Not the case. She is citing Ring vs. Arizona, and the motion is not 105 pages as previously reported by MSM.

She does cite Evans... but mostly based on Ring.

http://www.wftv.com/PDF/28372388/detail.html

I just posted the link in the thread on the motion for a mistrial. I noted that it's only 9 pages long. At the conclusion of court today, when the judge asked if there was any further business of the court, Ann Finnell asked about having her motion heard. HHBP said he could hear the motion on Wednesday or Thursday after the defense rests.

I have the impression that HHBP doesn't think this motion is very important or going to change the outcome of this trial.

Wow Nancy Grace said it was Casey who said she was crazy and told her lawyers she thought she was crazy and couldn't go on with the hearing. Has anyone else heard Casey did this and not the lawyers?

Nancy doesn't always get her facts right.

All i can think at this point is

During the testimony of Bock, Weitz, and D Casey today, tweets said the DT, ICA, and some of the jurors smirked, and/or smiled and laughed.

I think that gives us an idea how this trial is progressing

I just wanted to properly introduce myself. :) I've been lurking since day one (31?) but rarely post. You guys rock and I feel like I already know you all. I'm totally obsessed with this case and my husband hates it. LOL! Think I'll fit in ok?? ;)

Eta: I watch online at work and haven't missed much testimony but many thanks for all the awesome recaps for the times when that pesky work gets in the way.

:welcome4:

But be prepared..Your life is over !

That video is going to backfire on the DT. With vegetation that dense in those woods you could walk past a live two year old and not see it. The jury is going to see that. Its also obvious they were directed there by someone who knew something and I don't know they're going to buy the old psychic claim. Someone knew, and someone told in some way, and when they couldn't locate the body they decided to use the video the only way they could. People walk in close vicinity to bodies all the time without seeing them, doesn't mean they weren't there.

I agree with you! They probably called the psychic and told her if she goes along with it she will be famous and LE everywhere will be calling her for help. When there are searches for bodies people usually walk in a line within an arms length don't they?

One person in the woods talking with a psychic with another filming with a cell phone, how could they miss something?? Especially since they were so far away from the actual location of the remains. LOL.....

What? Dominic is saying the LE didn't approach him with questions about his searches before? He lawyered up and ran around screaming work product, Baez work product, Anthony work product - it went on for months.

yeah, i was hoping that was brought up when AF asked him if he'd mapped this out for LE.

I just wanted to properly introduce myself. :) I've been lurking since day one (31?) but rarely post. You guys rock and I feel like I already know you all. I'm totally obsessed with this case and my husband hates it. LOL! Think I'll fit in ok?? ;)

Eta: I watch online at work and haven't missed much testimony but many thanks for all the awesome recaps for the times when that pesky work gets in the way.

Sounds like you will fit in just fine. I am sure my husband can't wait for this trial to be Over. Welcome!

Seems to me her lawyers had good cause to ask for the competency evaluation. My guess is ICA doesn't appear to know the truth anymore. Therefore, she is unable to assist her defense in that regard, but that is not the same as the legal standards for competency.

Actually I think it went the other way. ICA wants to testify - she has been itching to get up on that "stage" and play to the crowd. Her DT team just keeps telling her - no, you can't do that.......you're crazy to do that, you're nuts......etc. So, they only thing they were left to do was file that motion and have her examined so if she still does want to - then they have CYA'd.

Her laughing and smiling this morning shows that she thinks she's won and that she will take the stand.

I say - BRING IT ON!!!!

In the "Ask the Attorneys" thread, AZlawyer stated that if ICA insists on testifying, her attorneys can't stop her. It's her right to do so.

Up until now, ICA has been able to control her small world with her lies and manipulation. I'm sure she is STUNNED that HHJP and the rest of the legal system doesn't buy into her stories and BS. It has always worked in the past for her....This must feel like she has stepped into a whole new world.

I don't think she's stunned because I don't think she has yet learned that she's not as good a liar as she likes to think she is and not everyone is as gullible as her parents. I believe she still thinks she can connive her way out of this mess and will insist on taking the stand.

Here's the question I am left with... Why doesn't DC just ask for immunity and come clean, what does he have to lose by admitting someone told him? I'm sure at this point the SA would offer it to him.....Just sayin?/

I'm not sure what I gained from the testimony of Hoover and Casey. Casey himself said he didn't search that area on the request of either GA or CA. The area they searched wasn't where Caylee actually was, at least not from what I could gather. So then...what exactly were they testifying TO? In terms of anything relevant, that is?

Seems to me her lawyers had good cause to ask for the competency evaluation. My guess is ICA doesn't appear to know the truth anymore. Therefore, she is unable to assist her defense in that regard, but that is not the same as the legal standards for competency.

I think the DT had embraced her first arguement.

Then she came back and changed it, after LA testified.

DT knows she's a loose cannon on the stand, and as Hornesby reported at noon today, if the DT intended for ICA to testify, they would have been working with her/visiting her in jail, weeks ago. He also reported that the DT had not...

I thought her demeanor totally changed once it was revealed that she wasn't going to get off for being a "nutter" just saying :crazy:

I'm watching Nancy Grace and she did a screen shot of Casey getting angry today and the look on her face was evil! She was sitting to JB's left and leaned behind him to speak to CM.............she had that same look of anger she had on the jailhouse visit tape, until she noted the camera on her and dropped the anger.

All i can think at this point is

During the testimony of Bock, Weitz, and D Casey today, tweets said the DT, ICA, and some of the jurors smirked, and/or smiled and laughed.

I think that gives us an idea how this trial is progressing

I had a dream the other night that I was on the jury, sequestered, and we were all signing a bunch of papers (I don't know how the verdict thing happens so this might not make sense) and we kept getting interrupted. As a WHOLE, all of us damn near had a riot cause we just wanted to say guilty and go home. LOL

I wonder if I had a......."vision".......... :innocent:

Welcome. My husband had no interest in the case and said he "hated" it too. Then he started watching bit by bit, then longer and longer, now he's hooked. He's got the TV on and wakes me up if I'm sleeping at 9am! "Courts in session---time to rise and shine!" Today he was surfing all around WS, looking at documents, etc. Amazing...

I did not know this and the jury supposedly doesn't know this yet - and I found it very odd that he didn't get questioned by LE after they found Caylee in the same area. Can you hide behind "work product" in a murder investigation?

Diane Tennis was his lawyer and I remembering her fighting pretty hard for that and even Baez got into it and declared the stuff he did while he worked for the "Baez Law Offices" was all work product also. The investigative depo was finally done after Baez refused to put him on his witness list, because the SA would have to be there for any depo, and the investigative one was private and sealed.
The SA must have keeled over laughing when they finally interviewed him. We all had such high hopes and it turned out to be all woo-woo rubbish. Except we never did find out what kind of a hand if any CA had in sending him out there.

I don't think she's stunned because I don't think she has yet learned that she's not as good a liar as she likes to think she is and not everyone is as gullible as her parents. I believe she still thinks she can connive her way out of this mess and will insist on taking the stand.

I believe this wholeheartedly. She's going to have the hissy fit of the century when she finds out she's found guilty of 1st degree murder. :D

Here's the question I am left with... Why doesn't DC just ask for immunity and come clean, what does he have to lose by admitting someone told him? I'm sure at this point the SA would offer it to him.....Just sayin?/

As usual, I'm in disagreement with most of the posters. I believe DC's story. I think he was being directed by a "psychic". One whose psychic visions were a combination of information released in media, Casey's statement about Caylee being close, and Kio's statement about the pet cemetery...and probably a google satellite map too. BTW, there were not 3 pavers found near the body. It was cinder blocks. I don't recall how many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8