2011.06.27 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-nine)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about the competency thing

Incompetent would have stopped the trial, right?

So does this mean she can change her story because she is doing it competently?

Is this a step towards the DT changing it’s theory?

I read in the lawyer's thread that the defense can change it's theory anytime they want.

My suspicion is that Mason finally had his head spinning with all Casey's ridiculous claims and lies and thought to himself "there is something seriously wrong with this woman, she is not in her right mind and how can she help us with her defense when we keep getting told things that are later or immediately easily proven to be outright lies. What competent person would think they can do this in a trial where they will be easily proven to be false? How are we supposed to defend someone like this? She is clearly incompetent to effectively help with her defense". IMO

I can't believe a recess was already called, we've barely been going an hour.

It does seem early, but remember the jurors were waiting all that time so I suppose they needed a break.

Maybe Casey said she thought the trial was going great and her DT decided she must be mentally incompetent...

Competency test: She is competent to stand trial, Competent to know right from wrong, Competent to have committed Murder??

If the doctors were seeing someone other than Casey, it might make more sense. :innocent:

In reference to the "competency". :innocent:

I can't believe a recess was already called, we've barely been going an hour.

Don't forget that the jury has been in the jury room since probably around 8am. This recess is most likely more for them than anyone else. IMO

is that her attorneys asked for the psych val because casey is insisting on testifying, and they know that would be an unmitigated disaster. they may be trying to save her from herself.

what a sick puppy she is. poor little girl. :( - Caylee, if any doubt.

Interesting...

With CM overheard yelling, Casey seen throwing her hands up in the air in the holding cell... I can see this happening.

Off topic but I started reading what seems to be a fairly good book so far about competency and the insanity defense. If anyone wants the title I'll run and grab it quick.

My guess is they changed her meds. :crazy:

Psych meds do not work that quickly, at least not the type she needs...lol
I think that ICA is happy because of all the drama she caused, she received lots of attention and the spotlight is back on her, this trial and all of the media attention is all about Casey and when it starts to veer off of she does something to bring it back, don't forget it's all about me!, I'm a victim too.

Expect more modsnipery throught the trial. :maddening:

ICA Psychology Evaluations so far…

Procknow DCF worker 7/20/08

Dr. Steven Gold had a 4 hour interview On 7/23/10 Bond Hearing

Dr. Jeffrey A Danziger At the 7/22/08 Bond Hearing per request of DT

Dr. Alan S. Berns At the 7/22/08 Bond Hearing per request of DT

Dr. Henry McClarin On 6/25/2011

Dr. Ryan Hall On 6/25/2011

Dr. Dan Trexler On 6/25/2011

Oh yeah and Greif Nurse Sally Karioth

Looks like she is not that great of an Actor, and they found her Competent to stand Trial.

However this more than likely this cost well over $10,000 to the Florida Tax payers.

And I am one of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's possible that she told the DT to put her on the stand (since LA wouldn't admit to abuse) and that she could handle it. CM, thinking she was C-razy for even suggesting such a thing, brought it up in a sidebar, and suggested an eval. Which is why the Pros was not angry, defeated, etc., just maybe "cautious." I think ICA believes that she is a good enough liar to handle the stand. I also think it's possible that CM is seeing the case unravel and is getting the picture that his client is a big ole liar, which is making him reluctant to put her on the stand, since putting a witness on the stand who you know is lying is a big no-no. I don't think JB cares, hence the "discussion" with CM at the sidebar on Saturday.

I didn't want to post this on the trial thread since the site went down. But when it goes down, I feel so lost and alone without y'all. :blowkiss:

Would the reason for the competency/psych eval be a way for the Dt to get in the sexual abuse allegations?

Interesting that with all the mountains of speculation from us and the talking heads that no one guessed this was the reason.

If DT wants to play that game, then the State will call in three people to evaluate. My guess is it medication related. She wants more xanax to stop the crying...looks like she got it too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV