2011.06.27 TRIAL Day Twenty-nine (Afternoon Session)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jb to Furton - would a body decomposing over a year have any relevance to this case...it depends...it is known that buried remains compared to above ground remains vary....limited publications there are some similarities and differences as well....Aware Caylee was last seen on June 16 and car left @ Amscot 9 days later ....JA excuse it is 11 days not 9! Dr. Vass not done until 17 days later.....

Dr. Vass longitudinal study ended up with uniqueness of chemical compounds and their uniqueness to human decomp....relatative to this study do you have an opinon of chemical (object- overrule) yes based upon work we have done and peer reviewed literature those 5 compounds relied upon by Dr. Vass were found not to be unique to human decomp...

disregard.

What else could account for these chemicals in the trunk? a bag of garbage in the trunk for 3 weeks....bag trash you saw photos of and had lists of the items...would that account for the findings.....they could be contributors....

object hypothetical - sustained
know the chemical composition of the trunk before the garbage went in there...would have to know this before ...yes.....garbage decomposing...

defense exhibt # C - garbage photo on right vs. photo on left....can you see whether the photo on left is an altered photo...did you see differences? (objects and overules and sustains) haven't seen any photos of wet garbage spread out before put in dry room....food items might have been thrown away....object- overrule...I am not aware...these items trash pretty clean...object-photo speaks for itself- overule...not expect to see this clean trash of 3 college students object - sustain

No one threw away the salami, nor did they hide it!

Oh heck... not a very solid argument JB. mo

Heh, riflin' through the garbage got a recessed called. JB thought that was pretty smart.

I love when JA gets riled! And I absolutely love when he makes an objection that JB should have made during cross. Hehehehehe.

I am so glad that I am watching this trial with you guys

OMG JB saying that some of the trash was thrown away after it was collected from the tow yard. Also saying the trash is too clean to have come from a house with 3 college students.

Question I would have if I was on the jury is why the seven officers who were walking by and seeing the car not noticing the smell when the car was open in the garage.

If it still stinks now it had to stink bad. How could they not smell it ?

If they did smell it why didnt they run dogs into the house because they would have to locate the smell and since the car was in the house ..ugh..

Maybe CA use a whole can of frebreze in the garage as well as the car.:floorlaugh:

Judge calls recess while JB is looking through the trash!! OMG...I'm gonna have a stroke! :floorlaugh:

SIDEBAR #5 (2:50-2:53)

DIRECT EXAMINATION OF DR. FURTON BY JA - continued

You would agree there is not enough material in the things we just looked at to produce the odor present in the trunk? No - he could not agree with that.

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

He thought it would be unlikely that those materials would leave a smell that would still be present 2 years later.

You have done work in studying human detection canines?

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

You were provided info regarding the canines used in this case?

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

You would agree that the items found - well trained human remains detection dog?

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

No further questions by JA.

REDIRECT EXAMINATION BY JB

There was no bleach stain that was apparent to him. He never testified to that.

Chloroform levels - why didn't you go to Iran to get that paper? (WHAT?) Why didn't you read that one? He said he may have read it, but he only relied on the articles that he had at his disposal. He is sure there are many out there and he would be happy to read them.

The one he relied on were in the United States? He read peer reviewed papers. He did not know if the Iranian paper was peer-reviewed.

Regarding Slide #3, the chemical compounds are none of the 5 sited in Dr. Vass's study. None of these were found by Dr. Vass?

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

These are compounds found in his studies and were different than Dr. Vass's.

Longitudinal studies. How long?

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

Would the chemical compounds of long term study be relevant to this case?

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

Would the chemical compounds assist him in his opinions?

OBJECTION BY JA -that's a (?) violation -

SIDEBAR #6 (3:02-3:03)

In your opinion, would the chemical composition of a body buried over a year be of any assistance in evaluating this case? It would be of limited use, but it is important to look at the body of knowledge. It is known that buried remains will vary compared to above ground remains. There are limited publications.

Are you aware Caylee was last seen on 6/16 and the car was left at the Amscott on 6/27? Yes.

Are you aware Dr. Vass did his first readings until 17 days later?

Dr. Vass, after 8 years of study, ended up having a conclusion as to the uniqueness of the chemicals found. What were his findings?

OBJECTION - hearsay - SUSTAINED

Do you have an opinion if the chemical composition of decomp is unique?

OBJECTION - asked and answered - OVERRULED

It is known that the 5 compounds that were in the end relied upon by Dr. Vass are not unique to human decomp.

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED and jury is asked to disregard

What else could account for these chemicals being in the trunk? Would that include a bag of garbage in the trunk for 3 weeks?

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

They could be contributors to the compounds found in the study. And could the gas be a contributor?

OBJECTION - hypothetical - SUSTAINED

Do you know the chemical composition of the trunk before the garbage went in there? No. He would hae to know that to give an accurate analysis.

Something was decomposing - that could also be garbage?

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

He was shown Defense Exhibit C. He sees the garbage on the left and the garbage on the right. Do you see they are altered?

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

It appears that the garbage has been removed and spread out onto a long table.

He doesn't know if food items were thrown out between collection and drying.

OBJECTION - OVERRULED

Recess until 3:25
Trash does appear to be pretty clean.

I just love HHJP. JB is rooting through the trash evidence and he just up and calls a recess. :floorlaugh:

I'm anxious for the trial to end but I'm really going to miss Jeff Ashton so very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carmenbellaxx