2011.06.27 TRIAL Day Twenty-nine (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering the effect this "competent to stand trial" ruling is having on the jury. If they had thought she must have been out of her mind to party for 31 days while her child was "missing," what must they think now?

This may have hurt the defense case more then help it. JMHO

They weren't in the courtroom until after JP talked about this today...don't think they know.

Like I mentioned before ..after watching that Doc with Ann F .. Just thank our lucky stars Casey Is WHITE, YOUNG ECT .... because they would have pulled race card in a heart beat...

and please peeps don't fuss at or bash me for saying that ..if u haven't seen that video with Ann Finell

Will the jury know she has been deemed fully competent?

Now I know who Jose was staring at so forlornly-- hasn't his mother come to see him?

In the DT OS they disparaged RK saying he had custody of Caylees body for months. Supposedly he must have driven her decomposing corpse from where he found her to where he stashed her for months and then drove her again to the dumping grounf where he found her. The DT also stated he wanted to cash in his lottery ticket of 5k because his car was in the shop and in need of repair.
Today JB questions YM as to whether or not the cadaver dogs were ever sent to check on RK's car and supposedly this is a huge failure on LE's part.
Ok I'll play. Wouldn't RK's car stink as badly as ICA's and wouldn't that odour be noticed by the folks at the repair shop? Wouldn't the reapir shop people call LE in light of the fact the guy who's car is in their shop stinking like death is now on TV as the person finding a dead body?

It depends I suppose. Skeletal remains don't stink nearly as bad as a decomposing body. But the CSI testified that animals had scattered the spine when there was still soft tissue left so he couldn't have kept it in his car for long.

JB on another fishing expedition...

imo

Question.I know if ICA is convicted of 1st degree she will then have a sentencing hearing at which her parents,etc will try to save her life.But what if she is convicted of ,let's say aggravated manslaughter,is there still a hearing? Or does HHBP decide the sentence himself,just based on the evidence?

ugh these lil wrinkled yellow sheets of paper....they were looking for incompetency in the wrooooong place IMO

Ok just catching up.

What is this drawing(s) about?

Baez is showing the drawings because Yuri, Bloise & Vincent said Gerus just sniffed ICA's car when they testified..

Gerus sniffed Tony's car too.

This is JB's Perry Mason gotcha moment.

I really do not see how "impeaching" the detectives/forensics guys that there were 1 or 2 cars in the forensics bay is a red herring. The jurors are not going to think this is irrelevant. Does he think Forgey is incompetent?

They dont have anything else imo. Waste of tax payers money. Judge seems to be getting upset too.

Once again, does JB have a point with these questions?

ETA: I love how Forgey says 'but in the real world' - like maybe JB and Casey should try visiting some time.

I like Forgey's answers. He wanted to make sure his dog was in the right mind set. He explains training versus real world scenarios. He's sure of his field. His answers make perfect sense.

Is sexual abuse been pushed to the back burner. Baez is still trying to discredit witnesses. So far he has not shown one freaking concrete thing.

Deputy Forgey explaining the difference between training and real life scenarios.

Do competency and insanity plea criteria's change from state to state?

(Would ICA qualify because she is not able to tell the truth? She lives in her own world where she makes up what is right and wrong? JB say that all of this was compounded by the trauma of Caylee's death and ICA going to jail?

Question.I know if ICA is convicted of 1st degree she will then have a sentencing hearing at which her parents,etc will try to save her life.But what if she is convicted of ,let's say aggravated manslaughter,is there still a hearing? Or does HHBP decide the sentence himself,just based on the evidence?

In every trial I have followed sentencing phase is scheduled at a later date. I don't know if anyone will be allowed victim impact statements. I don't see why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abberline vs Edmund Reid