2011.06.27 TRIAL Day Twenty-nine (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The witness is quite ill informed if he thinks processed salami mimics human decomposition.....can't wait for cross.

Nope, the jurors will weigh the testimony of Vass and Furton. This might seem like it's ridiculous but it's important for the defense to present this witness to refute Vass. If the defense didn't it could be interpreted that KC was not vigorously defended. JMHO. The jurors will decide which testimony has more weight. It doesn't matter what any of us think---it lies with the jurors. JMHO

Vass vs. Furton
No contest.

:banghead: bueller?............bueller?:banghead: I'm torn between who is more nap inspiring to listen to? Is it too early to have a cocktail?:waitasec: Ugh

Baez: "where can you find chloroform?"

Me: "In the trunk of Casey Anthony's car"

IMO

JB: Where can you find chloroform?

Me: in bamboo?

IIRC, last night on WS blog radio, Richard Hornsby said it's okay to lead your expert witnesses. Pretty common practice. At least, I think that's what he said. :)

anyone else hear that?

You heard correctly.

Dr. Furton - when trying to locate human remains ....body give off compounds specific human remains...what chemicals to locate them...a summary of a portion of the same ones...toluline, sulfides - including disulfide and trisulfide.....important to identify those in human remains...Dr. Vass is Number 7 & 8, Straphernopolis is 4 & 5....

object - violation Rephrase

8 studies percentage of agreement - over 50% general agreement around the world general consensus....at the moment different studies are in more disagreement...only above 50% threshhold are 4 chemicals....at least in this chart - cyclicic hydrocarbons and sulfides, tolulene and parazylene...dimethal and trimethal sulfide

next slide - photo provided of contents of trunk items laid out on table...in addition to compare living persons to deceased persons to deceased animals....food products or consumer products volitles given off....could be products there....

JB - fatty acids found on paper towels - in Dr. Vass report...four fatty acids found everywhere ....fatty materials - present in milk fat/lipids and milk products like cheese, body fat when decompose can hydrolize over time....same chemicals seen in human fat as well as animal fat...sodium, calcium, magnesium, iron, found most foods we consume....found in milk - other food materials contain these elements....these fatty acids not unique to human decomp....one of reasons science not sufficiently reliable statistical significance to a finding in measurement...these chemicals are not unique to human decomp either (cal, mag, Fe).....milk pork and beef products....salami in the trunk also reported by Dr. Vass....

About chloroform...see quantitative analysis done by Oakridge? no...why important to do quantitative and qualitative analysis....original slide showing with calibration curve....only way to know concentration find in known samples....in order to get significance of the match need to know ....

chloroform can be found in many household items such as bleach....Object - speak to counsel for a moment? Sidebar...

At least we have the competency item to be interested in until JA gets up and converts this into a state witness.

Seven people say the car stunk as if a dead body was in it. I wish they would have left all this science stuff out. We got cadaver dogs, and decomp fluid buried under gasoline and chloroform. Caylee had three layers of duct tape on her face...Let's find out WHY?

LOL JA walked up on JB to speak to him in the middle of the court room. Sorry but I've not seen that done before, it made me giggle.

If I was a juror I would go against everything Baez has continually beat in the ground. He is desparate and instead of proving his client innocent he is spinning his wheels. I think he likes to hear himself talk...we know he loves the camera!

I loved JA's little headshake at JB and then ask to approach the bench. It was like, "Seriously?"

This reminds me of really boring classes I took in college. At some point I would start giggling hysterically and uncontrollably. I'm doing that right now. And some of your comments are not helping!

Furton says chloroform can be found everywhere in low amounts. He says it could be found in bleach.
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 10:46 AM

The experts examined Anthony and reviewed her jail medical and psychiatric reports.
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 10:46 AM

Quantitative analysis: "That's the only way to know" the concentration of a substance, Furton says.
by oscaseyanthony via twitter at 10:46 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members