2011.06.29 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty-One)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But, she will be asked by the judge directly if she is choosing not to testify herself, by her own decision. If she really wants to testify, the defense has to allow her to do so. I think they will try to talk her out of it, and possibly alredy have, but who knows what she'll say. Could be a surprise.

Now wouldn't that be something if she throws a curve ball to her DT. They are expecting her to say no and to the judge she says she wants to testify.

HLN went to commercial during the little boy in the dark and rain story, I only caught the end. Does anyone know of a link to the video? TIA

t7loc0.jpg

Anyone have the story about the child in the rain typed up?

Magical thinking is not delusions. She gave an example of a woman whose child had died and called her when it was raining and said that he had never been in the rain before so she went there with a blanket an an umbrella and they sat outside. Intellectually the mother knew the child was dead.

Mark Nejame just said on HLN w/Vinnie

Talking about the suicide note of GA.

MN said the only suicide here is the defense and their self inflicting womb. LOL

No screen shots, but she was muttering in agreement about the bond between mother and child and nodding her head, as though she had done something similar. :loser:

No matter what is thought about this woman's testimony, I have to give her applause for sitting with that mother in the rain. Heart wrenching. It was also just about the WORST thing for the DT. Will any of their witnesses end up as a positive for them?

ICA neds to wear a dress like a muu muu ...I'm tired of seeing her adjusting her blouse and pants..:maddening:

My brother died @ 27 when his car left the road and went into a river. His body wasn't recovered until a week later and I am still haunted by what my mother said in her grief:
"I can't bear the thought of him being in that water all those days and nights. When he was a baby I would get up just to change his diaper so he wouldn't have to be wet through the night."
Heartbreaking. So sorry.

So perhaps ICA isn't going to testify? I was pretty sure that she would based off her body language and HHJP's comments about defendant's decision to testify is the defendants alone.

Who knows??? We shall find out tomorrow.

So now that we're in Sidebar thread... I got home from an appointment to turn on the trial and there was SK. She seemed like a combo of Debbie Reynolds and SNL's Sally O'Malley. Also, kept thinking we've had the "Dessert Lady" in this trial. Now we have the "Magical Fruitcake Lady".
Wow, she added nothing to the defense. Another ouch for them. Looks like RC tomorrow. If she doesn't bring it home for the DT, they're in trouble!

As much as that was torture, the grief doctor didn't realize that her story about the Mother sitting out with a blanket and umbrella in the rain because she was so worried about her child being alone; was going to be a perfect ending to her testimony and thanks to JA, he made sure it was the ending.

Caylee's lifeless body lay in the woods and her Mother was content to watch a movie and lay in bed with a man while her child was surrounded by garbage, mud, debris and water.

... and being torn apart and eaten by animals.

Rest in peace sweet baby Caylee!

I missed where George said something like myself, my daughter, and God know the truth. Baez came back with dog? huh? Jeepers Baez. He opened the door and you came back with a dog reference..... Well, I can't imagine representing a monster.

Magical thinking is when you think, "If I do X then Y will happen". "If I don't do X then Y may happen". "I caused Y because I did X", and in reality other people would say that X and Y have no causal relationship.

Like when you think something awful is going to happen if you step on the cracks in the sidewalk. Your mother got sick because you were mean to your brother. She might not die if you draw thousands of angel pictures. You'll win the match if you have your magical T-shirt on.

I dont think that anyone in the court room will fail to be moved by a real loving mothers response to their child

.... on a dark rainy night the grief counselor had a phonecall from a mother whose little boy had died saying that it was the first time he had ever been alone in the dark and that it was raining. The grief counselor took an umbrella and blanket and they sat in the dark huddled under a blanket sheltering from the rain by the grave

A beautiful story and may God Bless the grieving mother x x x

Need a good excuse to stay home to watch the trial?

Try "food poisoning." It works whdn 'blue flu' wont. Seafood excuse is best cause all know how quick seafood can go over. "I must have eaten a bad piece fish last night."

(once when I had a job I hated I "ate" a lot of "fish.")

You're a real "magical thinker"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member