2011.06.29 TRIAL Day Thirty-one (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay Judge, I adore you again because you let her testify so that there would be no question as to how ridiculous this witness is in relationship to this case.

Witness is visibly deflated as another sidebar is called. She literally sank into her chair.

JA asks if she has ever worked with women who have murdered their child. She says yes she worked on the Susan Smith case!

Susan Smith trial...

She testified that people who have had an enormous amount of grief may be confused and choose to save their loved ones from the pain they're suffered.

wow I think I'm grieving!... but I dunno who died???

re DQ ulous...

Apparently she can even justify killing your kids if you don't want them to suffer!

Jesus - she's knows nothing about this case. She lives in London. No wonder she sounds tipsy. She's on vacay. I really think she is enjoying the sunshine a bit too much. JMO

This is my first post but have been reading at this site for days. This testimony about grief is making me crazy. My father and his friend molested me when I was very young and my father continued into my teens. I also lost a child that was my heart and soul. Never in anybodies wildest dreams did I behave in this manner. It makes me sick that they are making excuses for ICA.

I am so sorry for what you went through. :grouphug: Thanks for joining us! The excuses are really infuriating, I know. :maddening:

The set of ICA's mouth right now is interesting. Her lips pursed, her bottom lip and jaw jutting out. Ooohhhhheeeee is she ever mad!

Not such a great day in court, is it Casey?

Their own grief compared to their children's. Ashton says -so to help explain why a mother may have murdered her children? Obj -sidebar
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 3:57 PM

add to hypothetical she is tiny in stature....pregnant father says it is athletic...Mother said sedentary, denied pregnancy until 8 months old....(missed alot)
assume her Father makes statement that she might still be alive...brother felt left out efforts look for child remains - brother angry not involved with child ....since the obvious pregnancy...assume she was followed..but she was not followed...(object HHBP go ahead and finish) given all this what effect that can have on grief of loss of child....Dr. says that was very complex...give me alittle leadway...helping family with lots support and usually coping mechanisms...make journey come out on the other side...I don't believe we resolve grief but we get thru it....culture dont air our linen for others to see...response to traumatic incident I would imagine how other people ...silence of the famiy are don't talk, don't feel, don't share often leave other people difficult to understand....Object - HHBP -just a second Dr...sustained as to other people...(kc crying) in hypothetical situations we can see denial is a great helper ...story can be changed a little bit...in these situations described here ...I could see typical for there to be no discussion or discussion look unusual or abhorrent or difficult to understand...lets add to hypothetical. during 31 days young mother leaves home goes out to bar get tattoo beautiful life...that type behavior and grief reactions...more than what you described more important to look @ behavior of what everyone did in those in 31 days ...seems very like other young adults they are reluctant grievers ...often say nothing happened. do risky behavior, do very thing their friend died from, retail therapy = acquire enough things make this go away.....look mad and sad response issue to grief...look @ adults limited exposure to world and inappropriate type behavior and responses I see risk taking...look like having great time spending money don't have,,get into trouble....berevement overload...someone act out after loss won't have anyone near them....loss is such a fine line betwen our job and children (object- sustain) how long does this type of behavior last? this type of behavior appearing normal fine - no change....appearing fine (object - overrule) ...always think normal and healthy grief and trauma ....grief loss but think about trauma years later someone asks this person to tell the story the story would sound the same and the behavior will not change....stuck on trauma...I have patients kept original grief responses for years and years...drinking, self medicating , little nest. not alot of people around....affect different...affective hysteria = their response to grief when come from environment without any healthy mechanisms...I have seen people lose a child and make arrangements to go to work next day and children go back to University and become hot shot student or very bad student...or don't want to talk about that...denial is what you tell self (object- sustain X2) all I have

JB up for Cross....
very sad....3 emotions sad, happy and mad....interest in sex...research that shows when you dont have rewards to make you feel better that makes you feel better (object- overrule) promiscuity is difficult to define...some folks who were very close find themselves doing things hadn't done in first 40 years ....anything on continuum for sex from frigid to over sex....object-overrule....I have had patients find sex will help them during their grief and later find that really wasnt helpful...can you give me anything inconsistent with grief? I can for healthy grief! NO ...anything inconsistent with grief...any type ...if you are not allowing me to say healthy responses and unhealthy resopnses require intervention...no matter whatever I tell you or hypothetical counsel gave you abhorrent grief responses need intervention - anything could happen when someone has a grief....if it is something abhorrent it is consistent with grief...everything is consistent with grief...everything with grief falls somewhere laong lines of healthy grief to abhorrent ....a certain person is at that time grieving...can you look @ set of actions and not know whether grief or loss...I have a tool use grief and loss system...I could read results I could say tell me about this specific thing....when first contact about this case...email in end of May beginning of June ...are you aware trial started trial started on May 23...no I didn't know trial started....email asking if I ever did expert witnessing about grief...when you walked in that door what facts about this case have you been given? none...I said at the time I got the email...I didnt know the name...I wrote and said there are people in Tallahassee do that work...I looked up name and said oh yes this had happened some time go....didn't research...when you walked thru door today what did you know about this case (object-overrule) asked to come to talk about general research and general loss...this case seemed to be about a young girl who lost a daughter...ever worked with women who kill their children...yes worked with Smith case...people who suffer grief maybe not the same way others grieve...that was for the Susan Smith trial who killed her children (object -sidebar)

I don't think the Dr. is very happy not having known anything at all about this case. She certainly looked more than a bit annoyed when this sidebar was called.

Hasn't the (London) Daily Mail covered this a fair amount? Don't we have members from England? What do you all say to the "absolutely no coverage in London?"

Gosh, how am I going to deal with not getting my daily Ashton fix once this trial is over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Niceperson