2011.06.29 TRIAL Day Thirty-one (Morning Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HHJP just said he would rule on motion prior to verdict getting read, if we get that far.

What did he mean by that?

Is the the first time JP has given any indication the this trial may not get to a verdict stage?

It's going to be interesting to see how the prosecution handles Sally Karioth on rebuttal, whether they will go for the softer touch of LDB or let Ashton loose on her to assail her qualifications. I looked at Karioth's credentials and she doesn't have any degrees in Psychology and I think it's hard to make much of being a certified traumatologist, at least from what I'm seeing about it. Anyway, I think her qualifications, or lack of, will probably be a big point of the cross. Looks to me like there is a lot of traumatology stuff sourced from FSU, where Karioth is associated with nursing.

It definitely doesn't seem like mainstream psychology, in the field of psychology the study is usually referred to as psychotraumatology, to distinguish it from the medical use of traumatology, which is the study of wounds and injuries. Not to offend any nurses here, because I know many WS members have worked as nurses and I have great respect for nurses, but I know there have been fringe areas associated with nursing in the past that aren't based in the most solid science. I don't know if that's what's going on with Sally Karioth but this type of thing might be fertile ground for the prosecution.

I was only able to glance at her web bio briefly, do you know what her Master's degrees (says she has two) and her Phd are in?

GW and BS - ICA's lawyers were "tardy"

:lol:

Something's up. I don't trust the DT. They are so disrespectul of the court and HHJP. This is not a dinner party for which they can arrive fashionably late.

HHJP talking about all these executions and now ICA is talking to her handler about her blouse...you can't make this stuff up.

I wonder who has the propensity for purchasing ruffling, puffy sleeved blouses and cardigans only for Casey?

Not being snarky here...am just finding it interesting that all the clothing provided for her appear to be very similar in design....and with ALL the photos we have seen of her PRIOR to her arrest, I had NEVER seen her wearing this style...

Just curious as to why they are not dressing her in a more stylish, age appropriate dress if they are trying to create image of her as well put together young woman??

I've wondered that too. I don't know the image they're trying to present. I mean I get that everything has long sleeves and is modest (before she ties it up under her beubs), but the ruffles and fussy sleeves? I don't know. It doesn't say much of anything to me. Not "modest" not "conservative".... maybe it's mean to be "frilly" and therefore childlike?

The State attorneys managed to get there on time. Mason and Baez have NO excuse. I don't care how congested or long the line was.

JMHO

Is it possible that he was talking about the verdict in the penalty phase? In which case, there wouldn't be one unless she is found guilty of the top count?

I agree, weird wording.

I think you put your finger right on it.

I wonder who has the propensity for purchasing ruffling, puffy sleeved blouses and cardigans only for Casey?

Not being snarky here...am just finding it interesting that all the clothing provided for her appear to be very similar in design....and with ALL the photos we have seen of her PRIOR to her arrest, I had NEVER seen her wearing this style...

Just curious as to why they are not dressing her in a more stylish, age appropriate dress if they are trying to create image of her as well put together young woman??

jmho, but I think the defense is having casey a wear ruffled blouses, etc, to make her to appear younger to make her look youthful, almost child like so the jurors take pitty on her..

it wont work, jmo

Casey covering her mouth again after she stares at Baez for a minute.

ICA's DT should be right there in court with her at any time anything at all is being discussed concerning her.

This is just unreal!

Well she was found to be competent to assest her attorney's in her own defense.

Linda's talking to Jose Baez. (I don't like it, enemy lines Linda :) )

This is going to come as a shock to you, but most lawyers actually get along very well regardless of what side they are representing. It's usually not personal, just business.

In the hallway: Sgt John Allen, other Sheriff's deputies. #CaseyAnthony -jfell
by cfnews13casey via twitter at 8:54 AM

Did anyone hear the Judge say he' will rule on these motions before a verdict if they reach that point in this case? Something is up.

I don't think he meant anything by it, other than you never know what a jury will do. I really think it was an innocuous statement.

HHBP told the rest of the defense team earlier that he would not rule on any more of their motions for mistrial until the end and then did rule against one more. I thought it was to slow down the requests. He can wait until he reads the verdict of the jury and then declare a mistrial before it is ever announced

Wow--just imagine the reaction if something like this did happen!

Was it just me who did a :waitasec: when HHJP stated he would rule on motion "when we reach the point of a verdict....if we get that far"??????

I thought HHJP was maybe being a teensy bit sarcastic about how this case has been evolving so far and that nothing will surprise him anymore...:banghead:

I don't either. Casey looked much younger and more demure in 2008. Why didn't they get her to return to her former size, get her a nice haircut and dress her in stylish clothes? I remember her wearing a plaid shirt with an oversized grey sweater. It made her look young. She should be wearing clothes that make her look like a student. Instead they dress her in clothes that make her look like a regular mother and it's much easier for the jury to believe that she could, in fact, murder her child.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonnyfastball