2011.06.30 TRIAL Day Thirty-two (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
rut roh. I sure wouldn't want to pizz of JP any more than I had to and have to stand there in front of everyone......

Wow.

HHJP - EVERYBODY knew this was coming re Mrs. Anthony's testimony. This is NOT a surprise. Upon your oath as a FL Bar Member, how much time do you really need to do your job?

Wow again.

DS - stuttering over and over as to she doesn't know.

Under the Fair Labor Standards Act- that is EXACTLY what being a salaried exempt employee means! If you work even ONE DAY in a 40 hour week, you are required BY LAW to be paid for an entire weeks worth of work. As a salaried exempt employee, you are being paid for your knowledge- not your time. Hence the reason salaried exempt employees are EXEMPT from overtime.

I know the laws vairy from state to state and my husband is a salaried RN in Hospice. I know how salaried is supposed to work but I have not seen it work that way.

Sims: Tells Perry she doesn't know how much time she needs with Gentiva witnesses. #CaseyAnthony
by oscaseyanthony via twitter at 1:16 PM

does anybody know if the anthonys are currently in the courtroom while they are hashing this out?

I am watching on TruTV and thought I just saw CA sitting in her usual seat in the back, with her head sort of in her hands.

MarkEiglarsh Mark Eiglarsh
Judge Perry is doing a phenomenal job handling this alleged discovery violation. He is following the law perfectly.

Thank God!!!! I prayed hard. I was afraid. I am very pi$$ed that the state waited until the last minute to get these documents. They know better. I had no idea they did not have these documents.

But CA's testimony WAS different than her depo.

Guys, this was a big deal. I was nervous. If the jury could have believed that CA actually did the searches, it could have created reasonable doubt as to premeditation, or aggravated child abuse. If CA searched chloroform (which admittedly, sounded like a lie), then casey likely did not and the state's argument that casey planned this, and/or the inference that casey used chloroform on her child, which caused her death, could be put into question a bit and we need one of those two things to get 1st degree murder.

DS all nervous as the technical stuff is over her head.

Oh come on don't let DCS handle this, but......but .......sorry no one else there to get this done quickly.

Didn't Judge Perry say all of CA's testimony could be thrown out if she takes the 5th?

Not so sure the SA will even PUT CA on the stand. They don't need to in order to impeach her testimony on this...they only need the records guy from Gentiva.

This is the problem with CA's and ICA's elaborately detailed lies. That extra information (passwords, etc.) comes back to haunt them. Truly, the devil is in the details!

witness has medical issues and wants to leave ....short of major medical, I hope he is able to just reschedul

LDB's explanation made a lot of sense, but DS comes off as very genuine. Does DS really not understand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member