2011.07.01 TRIAL Day Thirty-three (Afternoon Session)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone, I think** Artbuc was being sarcastic and had donned the voice of CA in rebuttal ??/ Maybe they will come back and clarify, but that is how I took it.. :)

Yep. A little sarcasm.

Whatever happened to the word 'unconditional'?

No one is stating that you should stop loving someone because of their faults, but covering up for murder does not fit the definition of love.
What happened to CA's love for Caylee? brushed aside in the quest to protect her murderer and herself.

This trial is never going to end, is it? He is not a chemist! He is not a DNA analyst! Be quiet Mr. Baez.

You think she's trying to get ICA off?

I respectfully disagree.

Absolutely.

ETA, did you not read CA's letter to ICA? Once she is free this spring they are going to look for Caylee together. :innocent:

Right, so how can you put yourself in CA's shoes and know exactly how you would be? I'm not condoning her lying, but I see it differently. She's trying to remove the 'premed' part of it (ie-remove the DP part of it).

I don't think she thinks ICA is innocent.

This is a good point, and I believe this is what CA is doing as well. I know in her shoes I'd do whatever in my power to prevent my daughter from the death penalty.

CA is just impulsive and narcissistic and chose badly her time to do this. Big shockeroo that she lied. The only honest thing she's done is publically grieve the moments she realized her baby granddaughter was missing and blurt to the 911 operator that she smelled a dead body in the damn car.

She's artless and dishonest, but I understand her without condoning or agreeing with her methods.

She could have saved all this BS and made a highly impactful, poignant statement during the sentence mitigation portion of the trial. Now she can't even do that effectively :(

Whatever happened to the word 'unconditional'?

In my belief, concern about the eternal soul of my children is more important than lying for them in this life. Admit guilt, express remorse, promise never to do again. That's what forgiveness is all about. That's what I would want for my children.

May I approach? No.

Loved it! :great:

God bless the court reporter if she can spell all of the huge medical terms.

DIRECT EXAMINATION OF BRUCE GOLDBERGER BY JA

He is professor and director of toxicology at University of Florida.

BA in zoology and MS and phD in forensic toxicology. The majority of his work is medical-legal.

He tests bodily fluids for the presence of volatile substances.

He was contacted by Dr. G in 2008 in reference to Caylee's remains. He came to Orlando and took samples which included a small piece of the left femur, some marrow of the left femur, they prepared two saline washes from the cranial cavity, hair samples, hair mat samples...

OBJECTION

SIDEBAR - 2:54-2:55

strands of hair, some matted hair and soil from the matted hair.

The cranial washes - in the autopsy room, they sealed the sutures of the cranium with a waxy material then added 30 ml of saline to the cranium then they poured the saline into tubes. They did this twice.

After analysis - they did not find that any of the residue was decomposition product.

CROSS EXAMINATION BY JB

Did you say you collected something from the femur?

OBJECTION

Yes.

SIDEBAR (2:58-3:00)

He collected bone marrow.

When he did the saline wash, was it a crude type method? It is a technique he has used a number of times. It's crude, but it is what it is. It is the best way he could do it without opening the skull.

Products of decomp - a number of chemicals. They were not tested for DNA. The chemicals they look for don't have DNA - low molecular weight compounds.

He is not a DNA analyst. He did not send the samples for DNA?

OBJECTION - SUSTAINED

He returned the samples to the ME in Orlando.

Witness excused.

2wfpqno.jpg

2ldvzbs.jpg

poor guy! fell off the witness stand in front of the whole freaking world...awww!

hehe...getting a little tired of JB no?

State now re calls Dr Michael Warren

It doesn't look good for the defense when Baez is sustained over and over again. Some people don't learn that silence is golden!

JB w/Goldberger - collected saline wash....done numerous times...crude but it is what it is...best way I could without damaging structure of the cranium without opening the items....chemicals look for don't have dna....low molecular weight compounds....different than dna...didn't send for any further dna testing...object sustained..

JB - may I approach NO

send them further testing? no left that for ME office in Orlando....

witness excused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member