2011.07.04 State Closing Argument Rebuttal Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope LDB brings up how LE told ICA if there was an accident as far as Caylee, that she (ICA) would not be in trouble!

AND ICA said she understood that; no accident!

I see regret and sadness in kc eyes.Have not seen any feeling other than anger up till this point.What do you guys think?

Yes! Glad that LDB is illustrating how crazy JB's "*advertiser censored*" tirades were.

Why is Mason allowed to sit there and smile the whole time? He did it throughout JA's closing and is doing it now?

We do not know this is the case. We'll have to wait until we get a chance on the post game wrap up and interviews with the players.

Our own anxiety makes us very worried about stuff like this. Try to hang on and see what happens!:therethere:

Trying not to bite my nails....

How do you people keep up on this fast moving thread, post and watch the proceedings?

Thank you...:)

I thought that I would feel better once the jury went into deliberations, but I think its getting worse... this is gut wrenching...

To everyone who looked for little Caylee....this is your "thank you"!

LDB is the best!

Even the was LDB says "*advertiser censored*" is classy.:great:

anthonycase WOFL
Cindy Anthony looks different today...the strong face has gone away. She's looking sad and vulnerable. #caseyanthony #fox35

I disagree. She looks defiant, angry and full of hatred.

conducting her own investigation always did make me shake my head in disgust

Linda Drane Burdick for rebuttal:

Good morning ladies and gentlemen. I felt like that guy was put out on the field to kick a last-minute field goal and of course you are ready to go and the other team calls timeout.

you have been sitting here listening to attorneys tell you what they think the evidence shows for 5, 6, even 7 hours. And you are ready to begin the job that you have been given for almost 2 months. On May 9 you packed your bags. You have made a great sacrifice and packing your bags in sitting weeks here. The state of Florida I thank you. But I ask that you do indulge me for just a moment until you get our final thoughts in this case.

I promise it won't be dragging out evidence. that's not my style. When I came up here and may in front of you for a little over two hours, I promise you that the evidence in this case would show you what I said. I did make promises to you and not keep them. I meant what I said. We've seen dozens of witnesses, hundred pieces of evidence, and they have proven every bit of what we said about Casey Marie Anthony.

Mr. Baez said his biggest fear was that you would be making decisions based on emotion. I would never ask you to do that. Co-counsel has not asked you to do that. you cannot do that. We won't make you to make decisions about this case based on anything but the testimony we heard from witnesses. do you want to know my biggest fear is? My big fear is that common sense will be lost. stop please that you won't step back and take a look at the evidence as a whole. You've got to look at the big picture here.

Co-counsel talked about rabbit holes. After he sat down

Objection.
Sustained.

My fear is we spent two years in Clearwater questioning all of you. Looking for people who are willing to see the forest for the trees. Mr. Baez used words like liar, perjurer, fraudulent ... A trial in a criminal case is supposed to be a search of the truth. the truth is the cornerstone of criminal justice. It is lying that hurts that process. so during an argument where the most documented liar in a courtroom accuses everybody of perjury, lies, of lying, the irony is rich indeed.

Objection.
Overruled.

I actually have come to find out accusing others of lying is classic Casey Anthony. When Casey Anthony was to draw the attention away from herself, she accuses others. As we have heard from the evidence, Ms. Anthony has spent years lying. Mr. Baez suggested those 31 days meant nothing. A lie told conventionally is till a lie.

Defense accused YM, Mr. Bloise, Dr. Vass, many many of the witnesses that come forward in this case of lying. In his statement he indicated the OCSO is this desperate in this case, and if there is anything that the workers in this case were desperate about it was to find a little girl. The men and women of OCSO labored for hours in an effort to find her. They would join by FBI, law enforcement from all over the country, people who had no other motive to find Caylee Marie Anthony. But it was all in vain. Even Casey parents and brother searched in vain.

False allegations are nothing new and invariably as in this case it turns out that the perpetrator is a family member. the allegation of a false abduction diverts resources away from the perpetrator. It draws attention away from the perpetrator.

Objection.
Overruled

One of the things Casey Anthony said to her mother was that she just wanted another day. When she told her brother she was trying to buy time. Time to develop another lie in diverse attention away from herself.

Officers at the home that night suggest that they did not smell a smell in the car. the police did not think Kaylee Anthony was dead that night. At that point they had no reason to believe that Caylee Anthony was dead. There was no reason to connect any smell to the car. the defendant was telling them she was alive and she was somewhere else-- and she was asking them for their help in finding. In this incident where she was handcuffed was ended like that. They weren't threatening her to make a statement they were there to help. the detectives were there to help. They say to her you have three detectives S to help you, we are spending resources to help find your daughter why are you lying to us. Casey was buying time. Like she had done with her parents, with her brother, with her friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l