2011.07.06 Sidebar Thread (Post-Verdict)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Casey has to have someone in her "world" that she can manipulate and control. That is just who she is and how she survives. Cindy allowed herself to be that role in Casey's life, IMO. Then it was her harem of a defense team.

I don't think it will be long before Cheney Mason sees the "real" Casey once she no longer has to play her inmate, poor me, role. Once she gets out, if she starts all this previous behavior and CM is involved in trying to help her get her life back together, I seriously doubt he will put up with much for very long. He just doesn't strike me as the sort of person to put up with someone manipulating him or lying to him (or about him - remember how she likes to play one off the other) This saga is yet to play out and I fear does not bode well for a nice outcome for Casey - no matter how you slice it.

IMO
JMO So true, how ironic if restraining orders had to be issued against her (from certain attys) cause things won't go her way and she becomes scary.

Cluciano, all the legal experts, the lawyers, the court watchers, the law enforcement personnel, etc., cannot be wrong. She was not overcharged, IMO.

This was a first degree murder case. But obviously, certain things helped the defense:

1. They did a great job at jury selection, the state did not.
2. They listened hard to everyone who described in fantastic detail, exactly how casey should be dressed for trial, which was a huge difference from her pre-trial look and which made her look sweeter and more innocent.
3. casey acted well during trial, looking stunned and sad and weepy and scared, at all the right times, when it counted.
4. The state failed to introduce better evidence of motive. I cannot completely fault them for that because some of that evidence would have had to come from a dysfunctional family who never would have divulged the truth.
5. The state had to contend with a seriously dysfunctional family who seemed shady and lacked credibility to people who have not watched them and analyzed them for three years.
6. The jury understood reasonable doubt to mean any doubt at all.

Finally, if casey had been charged with tampering with a corpse, etc., and found guilty of such, it would not be justice. :twocents:

Ok then, but then isn't the state to blame for poor jury selection? And for not making it clear that reasonable doubt did not mean any doubt at all? And for trying to use the Anthonys as a centerpiece of their case? They knew they lied in depositions and expected the truth to shine through at trial? And is the defense to blame for doing the best they could with their client, and the case they were dealt, which nearly every legal expert expected them to lose?

My point was that improper disposal of a body could have been included even with first-degree murder, because Caylee was improperly disposed of, and if the state had won, this charge would have been a given. And in losing, the jury could have at least had that to go with, if they wanted to charge her with something.

I don't want to start a new thread but

Who wants to see the sealed video of Casey from the day Caylee was found?
I just e-mailed a journalist asking her to request it :phone:

This is the first time I've been able to get on here without being kicked off every two minutes. Fortunately, I was able to blow off some steam with some FB friends yesterday.

I'm pretty much over my anger about this verdict, though I do believe the jury is at fault, and I will never be willing to give them a pass over it.

I think the State did an excellent job. Unfortunately, we live in a society of 2 minute attention spans and people getting their knowledge of how our criminal and judicial systems work from fictional television shows. I really thought the jury would not turn in a verdict before Friday, and had they actually spent some time on this case reviewing the evidence, I still would have been angry and upset, but I would also have been able to think the jury and I just viewed the evidence differently. Now all I can think is the only time the jury 'tuned in' was when Baez was waving his arms around and making preposterous claims in a loud voice. Good for them, I'm so glad they took this case of the homicide and disposal of a 2-year-old child seriously...NOT.

My son, who I would have said before yesterday knew no more about this case than his mother was obsessed with it, was also upset with the verdict. We had several discussions about it yesterday, where IMO he had some very intelligent and well-thought out views on the Anthony family dynamics and what happened to Caylee. Too bad he wasn't on the jury.

My husband good naturedly jokes about my affinity for true crime books/shows, and my attention to this trial and the verdict. When I watch NG, he walks through the room making faces at her. He can't stand her voice. It's just an inside joke between us. But yesterday, I decided I would not bring up this verdict when he got home from work, lest he think I'm CONSUMED with it. But guess what? HE brought it up first thing when he walked in the door. He was stunned and asked me what I thought caused such a bizarre verdict.

Same here.

The postman that comes in that has been tormenting me all alone saying she was going to walk, I didn't even look at him today. I stuck my hand for the mail, he placed mail in my hand and left. I think he knew not to say anything.

I am still in shock and awe over this. I keep saying I am not going to sign on internet nor listening to anything about it. But I keep coming back to see maybe if I was in a another world or something. Or if I had lost my mind for a day. I guess not cause it is everywhere. Still hard to grasp.

My brother told me she was going to walk among quite few others. Now my brother has not followed one iota of the case, I kept on telling him no way.
Well of course he called me last night and said I told you so. He believes she is guilty.
Yes QueenD,,,very hard to grasp.

Ok then, but then isn't the state to blame for poor jury selection? And for not making it clear that reasonable doubt did not mean any doubt at all? And for trying to use the Anthonys as a centerpiece of their case? They knew they lied in depositions and expected the truth to shine through at trial? And is the defense to blame for doing the best they could with their client, and the case they were dealt, which nearly every legal expert expected them to lose?

My point was that improper disposal of a body could have been included even with first-degree murder, because Caylee was improperly disposed of, and if the state had won, this charge would have been a given. And in losing, the jury could have at least had that to go with, if they wanted to charge her with something.

If the jury didn't believe she killed or abused Caylee ,then I don't think they would have believed she was the one who threw Caylee in the woods. Moot point IMO.

I don't know if this has been asked yet, but is there a law on the books in Florida regarding failure to report an accident resulting in the death of a child? If there is, who is to be held responsible?

Could HJP sentence include restitution to the state?

I know that in the balloon boy case, the father was ordered to pay for the cost of the search. Shouldn't ICA be ordered to do the same?

All I can say about this is "Go Figure". :rolleyes: Yesterday when they said they weren't talking, I thought it was either "They are all going to stick together for a price", or they were ashamed. I have since seen it is not the latter.

I know that I will not ever watch what any of them have to say. They told me yesterday that they don't have any ounce of common sense. That is all I need to know.

Whoever decides to pay them, IMO should suffer the consequences as well. Makes me :puke:

Same here.

The postman that comes in that has been tormenting me all alone saying she was going to walk, I didn't even look at him today. I stuck my hand for the mail, he placed mail in my hand and left. I think he knew not to say anything.

I am still in shock and awe over this. I keep saying I am not going to sign on internet nor listening to anything about it. But I keep coming back to see maybe if I was in a another world or something. Or if I had lost my mind for a day. I guess not cause it is everywhere. Still hard to grasp.
I haven't had to deal with anyone that thought she would get off, but my family does think I became a tad obsessed with the case. :innocent:
My husband called yesterday to ask me if he was hearing the verdict right and my daughter called this morning to see what I thought.
I told them both the same thing ;"I just can't talk about it right now".

My world has been shook up and put back crooked. :earth:

I don't want to start a new thread but

Who wants to see the sealed video of Casey from the day Caylee was found?
I just e-mailed a journalist asking her to request it :phone:

I said earlier that now I want to see it. I want it to be plastered all over the place. Of course those jurors will say it doesn't prove anything, which it probably doesn't. I just want it out there!!!!!

:gavel:

My husband good naturedly jokes about my affinity for true crime books/shows, and my attention to this trial and the verdict. When I watch NG, he walks through the room making faces at her. He can't stand her voice. It's just an inside joke between us. But yesterday, I decided I would not bring up this verdict when he got home from work, lest he think I'm CONSUMED with it. But guess what? HE brought it up first thing when he walked in the door. He was stunned and asked me what I thought caused such a bizarre verdict.

Just before the verdict was announced, NG was very rude (!-surprise) to Ryan Smith, as he indicated that the verdict could go either way. She cut him off and just stopped short of calling him a moron or that he was calling the jurors idiots if he thought that they could acquit. And then right after the verdict, she is publicizing every bit of dirt she could find about the jurors, etc...

She just wanted to be right, IMO. She wanted all of her hatred toward "Tot Mom" to be justified by the jury. She was truly obsessed by this case and barely mentioned any other active missing persons case over the past several months. She's probably torn now, because I'm sure her next book was to be about this case, but now the verdict throws a wrench in it all...

Roger Clemens trial begins today for PERJURY and OBSTUCTION OF JUSTICE, for lying about using steroids. Unreal to not charge the A's.

I'd like to know more about the 11 other child homicide that Orange County is preparing, as referred to yesterday in the press conference. Does anyone the know the names of any of those children?

Omg....
So instead of going over the evidence and asking questions they set in there discussing how much money they could get for interviews. I could just see this. Disgusting........I don't want to hear anything they have to say, they said it all yesterday with that verdict. I hope they all go to he77....

Yep. They disgust me. I also think they waited until the afternoon to get one more free breakfast and lunch out of the whole deal. They KNEW on 7/4 what verdict they all reached.

For the life of me, I cannot believe there wasn't ONE hold out that believed in her guilt. How is that possible? They wanted out of there and didn't care about doing their job. This is what we're faced with in this country, lazy people who don't want to work too hard. It's not MY problem, therefore I'll do the minimum required of me and be on my way...

If they had at least deliberated a week, the verdict would have been a little less shocking. I feel like they didn't put any effort into their decision - at some point in the trial they had made up their minds and they weren't going to challenge themselves by taking the time to review testimony or evidence.

I feel like this is now in the heads of potential jurors going forward - they are going to think that if they cannot say 100% guilt they have to vote not guilty, that is NOT the way it works. The preponderance of the evidence needs to be taken into consideration and they did NOT do that.

I say drop KC off in the same dump she put little Caylee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams