2011.07.06 Sidebar Thread (Post-Verdict)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as she doesn't do in anyone else... Does anyone else think GA and CA are busy protecting their assets? Shoot, I'd hide my credit cards in a vent!

IF CA has any common sense, she will sue ICA for EVERY dime she stole!

Interesting. I hope there is a chance that she won't get her freedom right away but I'm not getting my hopes up. She'll probably walk tomorrow. :/

I want her in general population for a couple of months... :D

eta: the jail's not ours.

As long as she doesn't do in anyone else... Does anyone else think GA and CA are busy protecting their assets? Shoot, I'd hide my credit cards in a vent!

lol, I envision all the A's hiding money from each other!!!!!!!! I don't think she will kill anyone else, she thinks she has everything now.....time will be her undoing.

Anyone think she'll change her name ala Nicholas Francisco???

I am so glad to see this thread. I am just lost. I have been clicking here and there and just reading bits and pieces while trying to begin to let it all go. It really started to sink in this morning how much being here really means to me. Lots of great and wonderful people. Thank you for all the hard work and information for the last 3 years. I just so wish things would have turned out differently. I am a firm believer though that everything happens for a reason. The hard part of that is waiting for the reason.

I have felt a lot of things since I came home yesterday from the zoo and saw the verdict. And I just feel like sharing some of those thoughts...so here goes...

I felt the jury got it wrong, like many here do. I believe, however, that the defense raised enough doubt, and the reality of the Anthony family's 'character', which was brought out on the stand, was what led to the NG verdict. The Anthony's aren't known for their stand for the truth. They are liars. And personally, when I encounter a person that has lied to or about me, I completely discount anything they might say to me in the future. I certainly never trust them. Which makes all of their testimony, whither true or not, suspect. And it must be discounted. Even George - who I do NOT believe would ever cover up the death of his granddaughter and NEVER molested his daughter. He lied too for the past three years.
What would Caylee's life been like, had she lived? That's what I keep coming back to....would Casey give custody to George/Cindy and go on her merry way? NO. She used that little girl to sponge off her parents. Would Caylee grow up to be a mentally healthy woman? I doubt it. Not in that house. As much as she SHOULD HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE SAME OPPORTUNITY as all of us here, to grow up and have a family of her own, it was ripped from her. But now....she is safe. She is loved. She will never shed a tear or live in fear. And that gives me comfort in this difficult moment. She is safe in the arms of God. And while earthly justice may have failed, eternal justice NEVER will.
Just my thoughts.....

BBM
ITA... I posted something very similar on the "What will happen to the Anthonys" thread last night, this sentiment is the ONE thing that brings me comfort throughout this horrific verdict :maddening:

Based on the idea that the jury didn't think there was a motive, I am wondering if the prosecution might have been more successful if they had demonstrated more forcefully (before the closing argument) what Casey's reasons might have been. Like if they had started out with opening statement explaining that. Thoughts?

If she tries that......ICA will sue her for all the pics she sold.

Oh, they will go back and forth like animals-- KC will come over and want to take all Caylee's stuff, Cindy will blow a gasket and say it's all hers, she paid for it-- so on and so forth. jmo

:loser:

How funny would it be if Cindy decided to press charges for all the theft? Not that I think there is a chance in hades of that happening....

I can't remember where I saw/heard it last night, but it was stated that the statute of limitations (3 years) for CA pressing charges on that has expired... :banghead:

I really do believe the prosecution did the best they could with what they had to work with. People have been convicted when the body hasn't even been found. We can second-guess their strategy all we want. I honestly believe those lawyers were doing everything in their power to win justice for Caylee. As far as 'junk science', if Caylee had been found sooner, there very well may have been the more conclusive evidence the jury apparently wanted. I don't fault JA for using the evidence he did. The great Anthony cover-up and lies did nothing to make their job any easier. I admire and respect JA, LDB & FG and I thank them

I'm hoping we can all find something to take from this and do something which will benefit other children.

JMO

N/T...you'll know this...or someone else might. Did Karla Holmolka (sp) change her name?

I think what is most surprising to me is that this jury, with more women than men, agreed on the "not guilty" verdicts so easily. Women are usually much harder on other women and I know most people here were happy that so many made the jury.

I think what happened is that the jury, for whatever reason, did not "bond" with the prosecutors. They came across in a harsh way, were condescending with witnesses when they did not need to be, and seemed overly confident. JB reminded them that they did not have to buy what the state was selling, giving them an "out." And they took it.

Yes, the verdict surprises me, but I am not shocked. They had plenty of places to go for their doubt if they were looking for it. The most surprising part to me is that this jury, one everyone on WS seemed to be thrilled with when selected, for the most part, came back with this verdict.

Good Morning

No smiley coffee cup this morning. I'm sad, disgusted, disappointed and so much more.

What is Justice? Does anyone really know anymore? I have lost all faith in our justice system not only in the US but in Canada as well. Yesterday, I exhumed the same emotions I did when Karla Homolka was released from prison.

It's not a good feeling when you lose faith in humanity and question if we will ever live a just and fair world. A world where it's not ok to murder your baby and dump her like trash and get away with it. A world where it's not ok to poison and murder a sibling and strangers and get away with it.

I would love to know what Judge Perry thinks about all of this, including the celebrations of the DT and the CM flipping the bird to the media. I hope he has something in his legal bag of tricks to make this better.

Honestly, I really don't know what to think. I adore HHJP and was constantlyin awe of him throughout the trial.

I immediately got a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach yesterday when he read the verdict before he handed it to the court clerk to read into the record. I knew it was Not Guilty.

The reason I say this is because remember the Motion for Mistrial that was still pending (that Ann Finnell had submitted) - well he hadn't yet ruled on that motion and was waiting until the last minute to rule.

I was sitting there waiting on him to rule on that motion before he put the verdict into the record. A Not Guilty verdict would not have necessitated for him to rule on that motion. Had the verdict been Guilty of 1st Degree Murder, he would have had to rule on that Motion for Mistrial before having the verdict read into the record.

I am sitting here wondering today if HHJP, after sitting through that entire trial and all the hearings leading up to it, agrees with the jury verdict. He could have ruled Mistrial before letting the Not Guilty on all counts verdict be read into the record.

I just don't know what to think this morning.

IMO

N/T...you'll know this...or someone else might. Did Karla Holmolka (sp) change her name?

Yep, changed her name, died her hair dark, got married and had a baby...:banghead: The absolute most vile thing i've ever heard of and a true travesty of justice...:sick::sick:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KellzBellz01