2011.07.06 Sidebar Thread (Post-Verdict)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonny Hostin seems to think that Casey will not be walking out of jail tomorrow.

That goes along with this tweet, and maybe we need a thread on this? Anyone?

bobkealing bob kealing

Did #CaseyAnthony have a little rain on her parade to possible freedom last night? I'll explain later today.

ETA: There is a thread on the topic of will she walk Thursday.

Special hug to you Tulessa.

I too am shocked to the core. I have lost a sense of innocence and safety, perhaps.

I am sick and weepy. And trying hard to get into daily life things and chores, with no success. The world's a heinous place, just now, to me.

Thank you. I just hope my brother's murderer doesn't walk free. I'm not so sure now. I hopped on my ATV yesterday evening & took a breath taking ride through the Appalachians that I call home. I cried. I yelled "I'm sorry baby girl". Blade, my GSD rode on the back seat, he thought I had lost my mind, but loves riding enough that he put up with mom's crazy behavior. The beauty & the wonderful smell of wild honeysuckle helped me to realize that Caylee is in a better place & her mother can NEVER hurt her again,.

What is her reasoning?

I turned on Vinnie this morning but had to turn it back off. I just can't watch it. I am so devastated.

I am not a lawyer so this is only my opinion but I think it is up to the judge to decide if the 4 counts of lying to a police officer will be combined to equal one year which will lead to time served or if the he makes her serve each year separately which would be 4 years minus time served of about 2.5 years which would leave her with about a year to serve.

I am really going to try and reset my focus somewhere where I can do some good. I know I cannot stay and languish in this strange and frightening outcome.

The one thing that I keep coming back to is this:

The ONLY things the jury proved her guilty on-where the ONLY things that if she had NEVER lied-we would NOT have to have gone through this. Caylee's body would have been found and we would KNOW what happened-because the EVIDENCE would not have decomposed to the state it did.

So-Ok-let's go with the Jury for a moment. OK-she is guilty of lying. It is the LYING that created a trial with precious little left of Caylee to PROVE the truth.

It does my head in-it really does!

Still..I've got to go on and focus on something positive. Time to find my way back up and out of this rabbit hole!

did anyone hear Casey is going to Europe when she gets out? My hubby said so???

I agree with you completely. I posted this at the start of the trial:

At this point, I'm actually very worried about the trial. SA hasn't focused on motive at all, nor the emotional dynamics of the Anthony family. I know they're not required to show motive, but in a case with this many open questions, I believe it's a serious error not to. Without a clear understanding of motive, the jury may well have enough reasonable doubt to acquit.

If I were fresh to the case and sitting on that jury, seeing only what they are seeing, I might be willing to think a tragic accident happened that ICA covered up in a particularly horrible way. She's clearly a pathological liar, but that began long before Caylee disappeared and seems like her preferred method for dealing with troublesome things. Things that might well include an accidental drowning she was afraid to disclose to her family. The GA story would seem like more of her desperate lies to me, but the line that "your mother will never forgive you!" (paraphrased) would probably ring true. Not as something GA would say, but as something ICA actually said to herself before beginning her cover-up and flight into fantasy. (Please remember I'm speaking as a hypothetical juror here, my actual opinion is that's she's guilty of first degree murder.)

IMO, all the SA has proven beyond a reasonable doubt so far is that ICA is a pathological liar and that Caylee died in mid June and her body was improperly dealt with. That's just not enough for a murder conviction, unless the jury makes its decision on more than just the facts the State appears to be marshalling. I would be heartbroken, but not surprised at this point, to see an acquittal.​

We've had three years to get to know Casey for the sociopath she apparently is. The jury came into this theoretically knowing nothing and obviously did not grasp what they were dealing with.

IMO, for the State to have been able to clearly show what ICA was really like so they could really drive home what her motives were in killing Caylee, they would have needed the co-operation and HONEST testimony of George and Cindy Anthony, and IMO, they knew they weren't going to get it.

I forget if Cindy testified to this or said it to LE, but she flat out said the only time she ever raised her voice to ICA in ICA's ENTIRE LIFE was when she overheard ICA tell Lee the nanny took Caylee. I believe it was in LE interview, or perhaps Morgan depo, she stated ICA had never stolen from her. What's the prosecution supposed to do with someone like that? Seriously.

According to JVM on HLN right now, ICA was served papers last night in jail from ZFG regarding the defamation case.... Also, Vivid entertainment has put an offer out there for her to do an *ahem* adult entertainment flick.... And so it begins

What is her reasoning?

I turned on Vinnie this morning but had to turn it back off. I just can't watch it. I am so devastated.

Basically her argument is that this is the same judge who gave the finger dude 6 days and another prespective juror 2 days in jail. Based on those two things and the fact that she has been convicted of 4 counts of lying to a police officer, why wouldn't JP give her those counts consecutively? Even with credit for time served, she'd still have some months left. Plus, the check fraud.

Picture049.jpg

My ATV buddy :)

tehcloser ,You're probably right. Thanks for keeping me grounded. :blowkiss:

eh, with this case, who knows! I do want you to know that during all the craziness yesterday when the verdict was announced and I couldn't get on WS......I saw your post about your Brother's killer going free and that hurt as bad as the not guilty verdict. Don't think that way. This case was a mess from the word go. It took on a life of it's own and quickly became something that had nothing to do with justice. You keep your faith.......stay strong for your Brother!!!!!!!!! (((hugs)))

Basically her argument is that this the same judge who gave the finger dude 6 days and another prespective juror 2 days in jail. Based on those two things and the fct that she has been convicted of 4 counts of lying to a police officer, why wouldn't JP give her those counts consecutively? Even with credit for time served, she'd still have some months left. Plus, the check fraud.

IIRC..............she has already done the time for the check fraud. Each count of lying carries 1 year. Four years, time off for good behavior.......she's walking Thursday unless someone comes up with some "creative sentencing".

Someone with more knowledge on this please correct me or follow-up, but I've personally looked into emigrating to Europe and it's HARD. KC will always be a felon. I don't think she can.

She can get a visitor's visa, but it's up to each individual country to let her in.

There are many countries who will still allow her in though - she just won't have her pick.

Six felony convictions and not even having yet served out the probation period (she got timed served for the convictions but KBelich said yesterday there was also probation involved that hadn't started yet but will once she is released) might put a kink in her international travel plans.

IMO

According to JVM on HLN right now, ICA was served papers last night in jail from ZFG regarding the defamation case.... Also, Vivid entertainment has put an offer out there for her to do an *ahem* adult entertainment flick.... And so it begins

Oh.My.Gosh.

Based on the idea that the jury didn't think there was a motive, I am wondering if the prosecution might have been more successful if they had demonstrated more forcefully (before the closing argument) what Casey's reasons might have been. Like if they had started out with opening statement explaining that. Thoughts?

I think the SA set up the party girl theory pretty well. Maybe they could have emphasized it more. But according to the alternate juror, that wasn't motive enough, because her parents were "supportive," and would have cared for Caylee if Casey wanted to party 24-7. Obviously, this idea completely ignores the fact that Casey lied about having a job as an event planner, in order to con her parents into caring for Caylee, so she could party. If they were willing to let her party at will, she wouldn't have made up that lie. So I'm not sure what you can do, if a jury willfully disregards the evidence in front of them.

Maybe if Cindy had testified about how she thought Casey was a bad mother, because apparently she called Casey that. Maybe if they had known that Cindy went to a therapist because she didn't know what to do about Casey, they would have seen that Casey wasn't a young girl who wanted to have a little fun, with the consent of her indulgent parents. But of course, Cindy would never tell those truths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madgirl83