2011.07.11 Greta Van Sustern interview with Jury Foreperson

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They all say they didn't take the sex molestation allegations seriously in deliberation but the damage had been done. Baez floated the idea ICA was giving daily <modsnip> to her dad and was a victim. That the story was covered up until now. This made the jury suspicious of GA and seen through that lens. The work done to have an unbiased jury was spun to ICA's favor and corrupted with lies in the OS. A tainted jury. There is too much latitude given to these OS that was dirty and disgusting abuse of the system by JB. All the stipulations about prejudice, hearsay and speculation were exploited in the OS.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I think it's pathetic that these jurors "caved" to each other. I'm saddened that there are so many weak people in the world that would rather be followers than leaders. That no one on that jury could take a stand for a little girl, and her grandparents weren't there for her either. Sorry. They have let a woman go free who was at least guilty of child abuse, and I think that's a total miscarriage of justice. I have had a hard time with this decision from Day 1, there are so many people in prison serving more time than ICA for far less, this includes her check fraud charges and stealing from her family. I hope that ICA does something productive with her life now. Although I can't imagine what. Maybe she can work for one of her defense lawyers. She would be a good fit, thinking of ways to defend people, because I guess anything goes in order to free a person. I wasn't aware of that. If she would have put as much effort into actually having a job instead of trying to make up lies, she'd be rich.

Worse...he was able to get them to agree.... all 12 of them WTF?

IMO he started soon as they were sequestered. He's a good looking guy so I think he was able to charm some of the ladies without much difficulty. He presented himself as knowledgeable in the law. (Brother FBI) He talked about how he was good at reading people, because he had to do that in his profession.(BS-- but that's how he convinced people to believe GA was guilty, along with the false information that GA was there all day.) I'm sure there were a few gullible and trusting people on the jury. Numerous tweets said they thought he was vying for foreman. If they could tell that by his courtroom behavior what was he doing behind the scene? He had them raise their hands immediately so he could start shooting down the guilty votes. The reasons he gave for dissecting the guilty votes were totally inaccurate. (GA was present all day so he had opportunity, they couldn't consider her bad behavior, could not vote guilty because they were voting on emotion, could not vote guilty because they did not know COD) He got his little groupies together early, then he bulldozed over the rest of them. He knew it all, so no need to clarify or look at any evidence. If I had been there there would have been a lot of screaming in that jury room. JMO

The second part of the GVS interview - Is there a transcript online?

she was out there first making her deals so she is not "shy and retiring" by any means. #11 is single and supposedly attractive and fancies himself "intelligent" just as #3 apparently does. I can see her latching onto him and his "knowledge" about the law and parroting it and using it to badger the others.

I remember #2 stating that the 6 NG's made it clear they would NEVER change their votes. To me, that itself is improper and coercive as it leaves those with the G mindset in the position of keeping them all there for no reason as the NG's would never change their mind. Plus, with 11 & 3 going on and on about how the law says we can never convict becasue we don't know how she died or where and we don't know who her caregiver was ...etc etc, that meant there was no need to review evidence or testimony because they were already convinced they had a made a crucial legal conclusion that could not be discussed. And never mind, the "Hey, maybe George murdered her" discussion they had to fit in too.

I would like to hear more from 2 about how this went down. I wish he had the wherewithal to contact the judge about what was going on but I wasn't there and won't condemn him. I'm sure he felt very pressured by this group he had been sequestered with for several weeks. I know even hostages can start to bond with their captors so I'm sure the group dynamic of the strong and vocal and confident taking over the group was very much in play.

I bringing forward my post from 7-8-11. I was referencing Marcia Clark's article on sequestration where she said JF was a leader. Strike that intelligent part I wrote this before I heard him speak. LOL

Interesting article but I find it hard to believe JF was a leader. If the others saw her as a leader, they had big problems before they were put on this jury. JF parroted JB's explanations which made no logical sense to the majority of people who followed the trial. None of the jurors have been able to logically explain the verdict. JF shows her complete lack of knowledge every time she's on TV. I don't think she has a clue how clueless she sounds. So someone influenced them to vote in a way even they can't explain. I have a hard time believing that it was all JB. It's much more likely that person was with them every day and got to know them on a personal level.

I tend to think there was one intelligent person on this jury with an agenda. I think that person started immediately persuading people. Maybe he began by using his good looks and charm. (someone who looks like George Clooney?) Some of the jury were probably already leaning his way. The others may have submitted because that person presented himself as an intelligent, know more than anyone else, leader. (someone working on his Masters?) According to #2 they all followed along like sheep even when some of them thought it was wrong. Why?

These jurors were suspicious that George Anthony might have murdered Caylee?! Did I hear that right?!

(I feel like I'm stuck in Bizarro World or something.)

IMO he started soon as they were sequestered. He's a good looking guy so I think he was able to charm some of the ladies without much difficulty. He presented himself as knowledgeable in the law. (Brother FBI) He talked about how he was good at reading people, because he had to do that in his profession.(BS-- but that's how he convinced people to believe GA was guilty, along with the false information that GA was there all day.) I'm sure there were a few gullible and trusting people on the jury. Numerous tweets said they thought he was vying for foreman. If they could tell that by his courtroom behavior what was he doing behind the scene? He had them raise their hands immediately so he could start shooting down the guilty votes. The reasons he gave for dissecting the guilty votes were totally inaccurate. (GA was present all day so he had opportunity, they couldn't consider her bad behavior, could not vote guilty because they were voting on emotion, could not vote guilty because they did not know COD) He got his little groupies together early, then he bulldozed over the rest of them. He knew it all, so no need to clarify or look at any evidence. If I had been there there would have been a lot of screaming in that jury room. JMO

You and me both..I'm don't impress that easily..so it would have been a fight, I really believed in the states case.... and stood my ground.
Again I say, we would have still been in there today, before I caved..

These jurors were suspicious that George Anthony might have murdered Caylee?! Did I hear that right?!

When I listen to these jurors, I feel like I'm in a foreign country and don't understand the language.

Maybe LA could reach out and help facilitate my understanding. He speaks code.

Okay I don't recall seeing any pictures of George partying or any evidence of him LYING to Law Enforcement. I mean did these people (Jurors)view the jailhouse videos? If he was part of the cover up or committed the crime don't you think she would have said something then on those videos? They (Jurors)expect us to believe that she such a good daughter that she was going to cover for George for 3 YEARS until the trial came up. Come on now is that not the most ridiculous thing you've ever heard or not?

Juror #11 was BUSY having to "orchestrate the whole situation", according to his TV interview. It's ALL starting to add up.

VAN SUSTEREN: Did anybody think George was a believable, out of the 12 you? Anyone thing George was believable or credible, or were otherwise likewise suspicious of him?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: There was a suspicion of him. That as -- that was a part of our conversation that we had of the -- well, what I'd call the round robin topics that we had when we were doing deliberation. That was brought up.

VAN SUSTEREN: Suspicious that he was involved in covering up the death, suspicious involved with the -- an accidental death, or suspicious he was a murder?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: All three.

VAN SUSTEREN: Really, that he was a murderer?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: All three. We don't know. We don't know. The suspicions were raised.

VAN SUSTEREN: In the deliberation room?

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We talked about it in deliberation. Yes, I can go a little more in depth into what we did in the deliberation room since I was the one who had to orchestrate the whole situation.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/on-th...evidence-and-suspicions-george-anthony?page=3

His pompous arrogance is stunning since everything he did in deliberations is the exact opposite of what he was suppose to be doing. George Anthony was not on trial you pompous ....... MCA was

Evidently she's nuts. YM said yesterday they have no sealed pictures.

IIRC the sealed pics came about at the beginning of the case in a hearing with Judge Strickland. They were, in fact, the party pics and all the other ones with Casey peeing in the parking lot, hanging over the toilet, humping on the other girls at that party dressed like a Vegas dealer......those. That's when we here went on the goose chase and found *the* picture that went to the parking lot, and which we subsequently debunked as being Casey. I think that is what Wendy Murphy is referring to. She's nutters. Where does she get her hair done?

I would never in a million years have believed there were 12 people on this planet stupid enough to buy the lemon Baez was trying to sell them.

And yet...here we are.

Astonishing.

In support of your opinions Susan Constantine (a body language expert) was part of an opinion voiced on the West Coast on KFI LA by Bill Carroll. There's a tape of the program at http://www.kfiam640.com/cc-common/p..._podcast=Carroll0712112P_1310510356_12585.mp3

In the discussion with Constantine (about 19:50 into the podcast), she states that the foreman was often looking at the media rather than attending to the trial. Both agree that his body language and Greta interview show his arrogance and ignorance. I heard Constantine on Carroll's show right after the verdict when juror #3 began making media comments, and she stated that #3hardly took notes during the trial.

Makes me wonder if the foreman hasn't spent his life trying to measure up to the brother in the FBI. He has had his moment of infamy...not quite how he planned it, IMO, but his arrogance may never allow him to comprehend the depth of his ignorance.

PS: I needed to download the podcast onto my computer. I couldn't get the "listen live" to play.

You know what? If this jury had been physically present to see (I apologize in advance for saying this so graphically) Caylee's decomposed body laying INSIDE the trunk of Casey's car, face covered with duct tape, and a jar labeled "chloroform" sitting next to it, they still would have said "DOUBT". They were seriously lacking in reasoning/deduction skills. Man would I love to see and hear what when on in that jury room.

Yesterday Yuri Mellich and John Allen said this information was false.

At the time yesterday that YM said that, I thought he had used a strange legal terminology for that statement.

Does another good person here have Yuri's exact quote on this sealed picture information not existing???

I would never in a million years have believed there were 12 people on this planet stupid enough to buy the lemon Baez was trying to sell them.

And yet...here we are.

Astonishing.

After hearing what this juror #11 has been saying, I am convinced he forced everyone to see things his way. There was no deliberation. I am familiar with this guys type. They act over confident and all knowing, they are combative and confrontational, and easily intimidate people with their personality.

Unfortunately, the other 11 people were easily led, didn't want to take a leadership role, didn't want to challenge him, and he made them believe he knew best "oh let me read the jury instructions and just summarize for the rest of you, you won't understand anything anyway" that kind of thing...
They were just a flock of sheep.

It's not uncommon at all. Most people shy away from confrontation. I see it everyday at work, people will blindly follow someone they believe is a good leader when in fact the person is a complete tool. They are just good at appearing powerful and that is intimidating to people. But these people go unchallenged and unquestioned day after day because no one has the cajones to stand up for anything.

Personally, I want this guy to keep talking. I want all the jurors to talk, I'm hoping someone says something that will cause the state to look into possible jury tampering. I know, I know, it won't change the outcome but it would make me happy.

And yet...here we are.

Astonishing.

For the most part I have backed away from watching tv.... Can't stand to listen to what is being said..Just reading what everyone is posting here about what these incompetent jurors have said is painful enough ...And when I think about it and the travesty of justice, I just want to scream...JMHO

They all say they didn't take the sex molestation allegations seriously in deliberation but the damage had been done. Baez floated the idea ICA was giving daily <modsnip> to her dad and was a victim. That the story was covered up until now. This made the jury suspicious of GA and seen through that lens. The work done to have an unbiased jury was spun to ICA's favor and corrupted with lies in the OS. A tainted jury. There is too much latitude given to these OS that was dirty and disgusting abuse of the system by JB. All the stipulations about prejudice, hearsay and speculation were exploited in the OS.

As a follow-up, I just discovered this comment from a legal expert:

It has been verified that Mr. Lippman is filing a motion on behalf of Lee Anthony for Lee to also be present during the trial.

I think the motion is one the state probably should have filed, which is a motion in limine to prohibit the defense team from insinuating George molested Casey in questioning until such time as someone has actually testified to it (i.e. Casey Anthony).

The state should have probably made the motion immedietly after the opening statements, as it is improper for a lawyer to ask questions of witnesses that imply facts not in evidence or that the lawyer does not have a good faith belief will be established by the eventual evidence.

http://blog.richardhornsby.com/

Does anyone know why the state did not make this motion?

Okay I don't recall seeing any pictures of George partying or any evidence of him LYING to Law Enforcement. I mean did these people (Jurors)view the jailhouse videos? If he was part of the cover up or committed the crime don't you think she would have said something then on those videos? They (Jurors)expect us to believe that she such a good daughter that she was going to cover for George for 3 YEARS until the trial came up. Come on now is that not the most ridiculous thing you've ever heard or not?

It is. I am shocked beyond belief by first the verdict, and now the words from the few jurors who have spoken up. And I am mad. Something went seriously wrong - probably in jury selection. Those people didn´t give a hoot about the evidence, just their irrational "feelings" about people involved in the case. For instance, they just dismissed the decomposition odor in Casey´s car, which both Cindy, George, tow-man, police and experts talked about. Yet, in some strange way, they DID consider it when it came to George and his not reporting the odor to police. No LOGIC thinking in that strange jury! They didn´t think anything through. Good grief.

I don´t know if there is a support thread for George here, but ther ought to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kezzx