2011.07.22 George & Cindy Board Private Jet for Nassau Vacation

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SSI is like an insurance policy that everybody pays into thru regular taxes. It is in everybody's interest that only legitimate claimants are approved. It is not from the social security taxes/fund that you get after 65 or whatever the age is now.

It looks like some of the quotes got broken and posters are being jumbled up together. I have fixed the original quote so that it shows the comments correctly. :)

Just so you guys know when you bold a quote if you include the bracket and the quote that looks like this
[/ QUOTE] You can't bold or partially bold that quote symbol or it breaks the quote and posts jumble up together. :) That is your quote lesson for tonight. :silly:

Anything that they do is going to be criticized. They may as well ignore people and do what they want.

I somehow doubt they would have been criticized if they had done something that someone up-thread mentioned: a donation to Tim Miller.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Cindy Anthony had a career before her grandaughter was dumped in a swamp. George, maybe not so much. Casey...total belief she is entitled to anything she wants, including the money her mother worked for.

All this hate toward CA seems misplaced, IMO.

CA has an ethical obligation to be honest and emote professional integrity in all aspects of her life as a member of the Nursing profession. My disgust for her is justified.

Even so, I still don't understand the fascination with their financial details. There are people I dislike in this world (in my real life, not people I don't even know like the Anthonys) and I don't know a thing about their money and what they do with it.

I'm a Floridian. I and 18 million of my co-residents spent a good bit of money on KC's defense. I don't mind the money spent jailing her because she is a convicted felon and I will happily pay my taxes to jail convicted felons. However, these people were only to quick to take public money when it suited them. She claimed she was indigent. OK. Though, dear KC, if you were half as creative at work as you were inventing jobs you don't have, you could have probably made a decent living.

They've further set up foundations. That's their right, but whereas I work and pay taxes, they decided to create a structure that is tax-advantaged.
Given their track record of money mismanagement (online gambling scams, and in KCs case massive theft of any negotiable instrument she could get her hands on) there is a nontrivial probability that they will misappropriate public funds, deceive tax collectors, or some combination thereof. If sunlight is the best disinfectant, then let's keep an eye on their financial dealings.

Those paragraphs above are my issues as a Florida and US taxpayer.

My other issues center around right and wrong. It is wrong for these people to profit off of a dead child. If the death was an accident, then profiting off of it is hideous. If the child was murdered, then it is stone cold evil to profit off of it, and I will oppose this always.

SSI is like an insurance policy that everybody pays into thru regular taxes. It is in everybody's interest that only legitimate claimants are approved. It is not from the social security taxes/fund that you get after 65 or whatever the age is now.

SSI is Supplemental Security Income which is available to elderly, blind, or disabled persons of no or low income. It is based on need and lack of income. This money does not come from the Social Security program paid for by employers and employees through FICA (Federal Insurance Contributions Act).

Social Security covers disability insurance, survivor's benefits, spousal benefits, and retirement benefits. Social Security are the monies we pay into the system with our income, deducted from our wages. It IS based on our incomes. It's also based on length of time worked (five years out of the last 10 years, something like that). All of these benefits are taken from the monies we as employees and employers pay into the system (FICA).

Yes, people can collect from both programs, but only if their Social Security income was very, very low. Remember, SSI is for the poor. George and Cindy probably collect either through their employers' insurance or through Social Security disability, or since George worked far less than Cindy, there's a good chance he collects based on HER Social Security income record, it depends which way would pay more - his work record or hers. Their Social Security money would be their SS retirement pay, since they are no longer working.

Any income they receive through "work" should be reported and will be deducted from their benefit pay after standard calculation. The Social Security Administration will decide what constitute "work income". It they earn more than their benefit amount, they won't collect the benefit.

You can read up on Social Security here:

http://www.ssa.gov/

Read about Supplemental Security Income (SSI) here:

http://www.ssa.gov/ssi/

SSI uses the same SSA application but there are different rules.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Cindy Anthony had a career before her grandaughter was dumped in a swamp. George, maybe not so much. Casey...total belief she is entitled to anything she wants, including the money her mother worked for.

All this hate toward CA seems misplaced, IMO.

Cindy had an obligation to tell the truth on the witness stand. She did not. Cindy had a public obligation to be helpful in the LE investigation. She purposely hindered that investigation. And laughed hard about those evil doings. Cindy destroyed other people life's with a great fervor. Yet Cindy made no effort to help rehabilitate those people she wrongfully slandered. And Cindy had a family responsibility to Caylee. That is has failed on completely from the start. The hatred is fully justified!

I don't think Lippman is providing such great counsel and commentary either. Why even tell us about their trip? If asked just say they needed some time and space. Period.

I think they use every opportunity to stay in the news even trivial stuff as this little trip to the nearby Bahamas to keep the momentum going. Like a day without an Anthony in the news is a day wasted and $$$ lost. And the media keeps obliging..

GA and CA, if you're reading this (which I'm sure you're not), please know that there are some people out there that understand you've been through hell and need to get out of hell for a little while. Enjoy your vacation.

They haven't been through hell, yet... I hear that will be their final destination. All expenses paid!

Again, that may be your view and others might well share it. However, I'm not interested in knowing who is receiving disability payments, whether through the government or an insurance policy. And I'm not interested in knowing the details of how anyone spends their income, whether it comes in the form of a paycheck, disability payments, unemployment benefits, or any other source of income. And yes, I pay taxes, too. I'm just not one to scrutinize someone's personal spending that way, and I wouldn't want anybody going over mine with a fine-toothed comb and making judgments about what I do with my money.

I'm sure that no one will as long as you don't murder your child or grandchild or lie and lie and lie like the Anthonys have.

I fixed the original post. No clue what happened.:blushing:

Not to worry. A post got the quote broken. This is how it should look without the space I have put in the brackets. [ Quote/] When someone bolded the post It should have looked like this [ Quote/] Instead it looked like this

[ Quote/] See that B symbol in the middle of the quote bracket? When that happens it breaks the quote and then posts run together.

So if you want to bold a statement just make sure you are getting all or none of that quote symbol.

FYI, from the article listed below:

://www.wesh.com/casey-anthony-extended-coverage/28633882/detail.html

The workers said a charter flight can cost around $8,000 alone.

BBM

Because some people just don't care enough about what other people do, even if it's the Anthonys. There are a lot of people making money for nefarious reasons in this world.

People that don't care and even think it's a good thing to not care (bragging about it, even) about the all the injustices around us are one of the biggest problems with this world. So, there's a lot of people making money for nefarious reasons.... does that make it right? I don't think so. I am so glad that there are people like me who still DO care. FYI: 'Not caring' does not make one look "cool & unaffected"... it makes one look like a sorry excuse for a human being.

You make it sound as if GA and CA are dancing and laughing and counting their money, happy that Caylee is dead. That is absolutely not true. They lost their granddaughter and have gone through the complete range of emotions that anyone would have. Their grief, however has been complicated by this enormous case.

How in the world could these loving grandparents have jumped on the bandwagon and sold that baby's pictures and videos for a large sum of MONEY??? I will never understand that...ever. As far as I'm concerned it was BLOOD MONEY and it was gotten because of their little murdered granddaughter. It's sickening.

this just makes me sick......I spent our familys vacation funds looking for their missing g-child!!! I hope they rot!

OMG... I feel so bad for you. I would be absolutely disgusted (even more than I am now). What ingrates the Anthony's are. Unbelievable.

Oh no,Wonders,I'm blessed beyond measure . Thankfully we can do most of what we want and everything we need ,on our own.
I'm no hero ,either! I love my life . It's very "interesting".

But there are so many other people who deserve the spotlight for doing the right thing and here I sit giving too much of my time to the Anthony's .

Light bulb moment here.( I know,I'm slow:crazy:)

Time for a new plan,but only if my peeps will be part of it. Time to step away from all things A and see who we can actually help from the WS forum .

Thanks Wonders!!!!

Your post has made me cry.
You are a wonderful humble person. In my book your a hero. Never once have I heard the Anthony's say they were blessed beyond measure to have had Caylee.
I HAVE to try harder to stay away from WS's. I just can't take all this I tell you.
Do accept my blessings to you and your family.
Thank you MissJames.

To tell you the truth, I don’t remember exactly what Pete’s jet looked like but dang if that limo doesn’t look EXACTLY like the one from December 11, 2008

StretchLimo.jpg

You remember that one don’t you, George?

That’s the one you had take you and Cindy to the Ritz Carlton for some of those crab puffs while your granddaughter’s remains were pulled out of a couple of garbage bags 300’ from your front door!

Didn’t think it would take you too long to recover your true colors.

TrueColors.jpg

If they don't want people saying things about them why in the world would they have a limo pull up to their house...in front of the neighbors who dislike them as it is? Why not have Lee drive them to the airport...to the private jet that was flying them away to a nice vacation spot? Why not ask their attorney to stay off the tv shows and stop talking about them and Casey? Stop drawing attention to themselves if they don't want attention and want to be left alone. It all just proves to me that they love being in the limelight regardless of the reason. As far as I'm concerned the public ended up loving Caylee and trying to get justice for that baby while her grandparents got all of the blood money that they could get and are still going for it.

this just makes me sick......I spent our familys vacation funds looking for their missing g-child!!! I hope they rot!

Surely a lawyer would want to take a civil suit case on for you free here???

Surely a lawyer would want to take a civil suit case on for you free here???

i am so sorry that camcneishg got burned by them as well..another good hearted person swindled by them...a lawyer very well SHOULD do it for free, just for the principle...that is just so wrong, boy as i think i couldnt get any angrier, it just keeps coming and coming...

So "unknown" people puts the cash up for support put money??? What a strange situation. If one supports any cause with their hard earned money, they let it be know as a rule. If you think your actions of support are wrong, then you hide yourself. Hold on here. If you think it is wrong, YOU DO NOT GIVE. So will some kind person please explain this to me.

Many people keep their donations private ime

i am so sorry that camcneishg got burned by them as well..another good hearted person swindled by them...a lawyer very well SHOULD do it for free, just for the principle...that is just so wrong, boy as i think i couldnt get any angrier, it just keeps coming and coming...

sue who? Casey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member