2011.10.19 Former Friends Of DB Speak Out

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Dear Lord in Heaven,
If I am ever in the media, for any reason, please don't let someone track down people who knew me when I was a fool headed 17 year old.
Please, thank you and amen

I think this interview becomes relevant if it triggers others to come forward and fill in the years since Deb was a teen . Has Deb changed in any way? Is she considered selfish by family and friends or has she matured into a responsible adult? Is there anyone willing to speak up for her or to describe Deb as she is now? Friends,aquaintences,former co-workers?

Ok everyone, knock off the talk about other members here, what they've done or haven't done!

Ima

Yes, I know there are two. I meant the older of the two boys. I was under the impression they were 8 or 9 and 6 years old. The six years old wouldn't have been born yet in 2003 and the other one would have been very little. Am I mistaken about their ages?

In the comments SA clarifies her statement (to the article linked in the OP).

So according to SA the media that she spoke with took her words and twisted them, left some out and even completely made up some statements. Imagine that. The local media doing this type of thing that once again makes the mom in this case appear to be far worse than she really is. Is it really any wonder why the parents have decided that they will no longer be talking to the local media? It's really rather pathetic what some "reporters" will do for a story.

MOO

Dear Lord in Heaven,
If I am ever in the media, for any reason, please don't let someone track down people who knew me when I was a fool headed 17 year old.
Please, thank you and amen

My sentiments exactly. I certainly hope I'm NEVER compared to the nitwitted, self serving party girl I was from ages 18-25.

I believe it would be irresponsible to take the word of a so-called 'friend' from 8 years ago. JMHO.

Even though this interview is weak, I think core personality traits stay pretty much the same throughout life. DB may have some social problems? I believe that, because I'm witnessing some myself. jmo

JMO...I am reserving judgment on the friends. How often have we posted about the media making mistakes or twists or representing people unfairly? :twocents:

When I think about the feuds & silly fights I had with other girls back when I was a teenager......well, it just makes me hope I'm never accused of a serious crime! "OMG, she TOTALLY stole my boyfriend, she's an awful person!"

:floorlaugh:

with all due respect, anthony was a teen when her daughter was born, a daughter whose father she has refused to name - it was somewhat relevant in that case.

in the case of kyron's SM, I dont recall her teenage behaviour ever coming to light...the other cases I dont follow so well.

in this case....what people thought of her or how she acted in 2003 doesnt have much bearing IMO. also some "friends" anyways. it's not like she's been charged.

I agree ,but with exceptions. In Casey's case we were only talking about a few years because Caylee was only 2 when she was killed.

I think what we're looking for is some deviant behavior or an on going personality trait that might shed light on what could have happened. That cuts both ways,good or bad. With Casey ,as soon as all the lies and the imaginary job came to light , our view of the type of person she was might have changed. That ,alone,doesn't mean she did anything with Caylee,but the possibility became greater ,IMO.
It turned out that Kio Marie ,in describing Casey's actions when she was younger, was closer than anyone in suspecting where Caylee was discarded. Casey threw Caylee away close to where she buried small pets .

It's possible someone from Deb's past has info that might help.The most important info IMO would be from the time Deb had her first baby up until the night her second child disappeared. JMO

This is what I thought, too. So, either the 8/9 year old is Debbi's or she has another child we haven't heard about yet around that age...or the friend is making some stuff up. :waitasec:

There was another commenter who posted her husband's first name and stated the oldest boy in the home now is hers. ?

I think this interview becomes relevant if it triggers others to come forward and fill in the years since Deb was a teen . Has Deb changed in any way? Is she considered selfish by family and friends or has she matured into a responsible adult? Is there anyone willing to speak up for her or to describe Deb as she is now? Friends,aquaintences,former co-workers?

IMO, she spoke for herself in saying it was OK for her to have "adult time" and getting totally plastered when she was alone and in charge with the care of her 3 children.

Shirley clarifies the statement about kids in the comments section. She was misquoted about their kids playing together. Says DB was a good friend and had many good things to say about her but, all of that was edited out.

IMO, she spoke for herself in saying it was OK for her to have "adult time" and getting totally plastered when she was alone and in charge with the care of her 3 children.

DB said she was totally plastered?

Shirley clarifies the statement about kids in the comments section. She was misquoted about their kids playing together. Says DB was a good friend and had many good things to say about her but, all of that was edited out.

Thank you!

We have seen the media (not just in this case) misreport and misrepresent many times. Let's view these interviews with our usual healthy skepticism. :twocents:

Okay the lawn ornament thing....maybe it's true, maybe it's not.

Just know that when my friends and I were younger we used to go out partying and move the lawn ornaments from one persons house to another. Across the street, down the street, or sitting by the stoplight right down from the home. Yes I know it was wrong. It wasn't to be mean it was to be funny. Now I know that's not funny but back then it was all about what we thought was. We would laugh if we put the ornament across the street at the neighbors home and think how the person missing the ornament would come out and see it at their neighbors.
Not saying this is what happened with Debbie, just saying it could be.

JMO

My brother and his friends, when they were in high school, would go around at Christmas time and re-position neighbors' light up reindeer so that they were having a bit of adult fun, if you catch my drift. Immature, yes, but I had to laugh every time I drove past someone's house with mechanical, light up reindeer humping on their front lawn.

My brother and his friends, when they were in high school, would go around at Christmas time and re-position neighbors' light up reindeer so that they were having a bit of adult fun, if you catch my drift. Immature, yes, but I had to laugh every time I drove past someone's house with mechanical, light up reindeer humping on their front lawn.

I had that same idea when I was younger! Only, I was too chicken to ever do it. Great minds think alike, right?

Because the media is not interested in all of that. This is why you haven't seen any of the neighbors saying anything good or bad about her. Nobody has had anything bad to say to them and they aren't interested in it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crystalbohnet
Back