2015.08.26 Jimmy Rodgers: Charged with Murder in the Second Degree

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have bad news for you all. IF no other charges were pending, Rodgers would most likely be released to a parole officer in St. Louis Mo, and placed in a halfway house in Farmington, Mo. However, what will happen is FL will apply for a fugitive warrant soon, as they did for CWW, and Rodgers will then be released into the custody of a sheriff's office of his last known address of record. That means St. Francois county. Then the process will be similar to CWW extradition. JRR will probably not be in FL till around April.

Since JR is in Federal custody, he can serve his time in any federal facility. Seems to me he could be transferred to a federal prison in FL. Upon his release, arrest by FL LE.

who knows? He will be back in Mo for a short time, though.

I have bad news for you all. IF no other charges were pending, Rodgers would most likely be released to a parole officer in St. Louis Mo, and placed in a halfway house in Farmington, Mo.

<snip>

So what is the bad news you are referring to in this post ?

You stated if no other charges were pending... but they are ...so what is your point?

I'm not understanding this pointof above post ...

Since JR is in Federal custody, he can serve his time in any federal facility. Seems to me he could be transferred to a federal prison in FL. Upon his release, arrest by FL LE.

Sorry, the Feds drop you off where they took you into custody. I am trying to find the website that specifies how the Feds work this. Think about it. Otherwise prisoners would ask to be released in Hawaii.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/3624

BTW: JRR pending release date is Feb 22 2016, according to the Federal Inmate locator.

So what is the bad news you are referring to in this post ?

You stated if no other charges were pending... but they are ...so what is your point?

I'm not understanding this pointof above post ...

The point was, like it or not, he has rights, and FL is not going to mess this up and violate them. Translation, we all have to wait a while before Lee county gets him. Its going to be later rather than sooner.

Not sure, but&#8230;.. U S Marshals might bring JR from FCI Greenville (IL) to the jail in Lee County FL.
Or, on his prison release date, JR could be transferred to a U S Marshals &#8216;holding facility&#8217; to await pick-up by Lee County Sheriff deputies.

I think U S Marshals assist with the transfer of a prisoner from a federal corrections facility to a local law enforcement agency when that local agency has an active arrest warrant and/or criminal charge on the inmate.

There is a coordinated effort between the U S Marshals and state/city/county law enforcement agencies, but I don&#8217;t know what all it entails.

Some information:
http://www.naplesnews.com/news/loca...ed-in-local-cases-ep-387831181-342432981.html
Marshals also are assigned by the U.S. attorney general to help local law enforcement agencies, . . .
"Basically, what it does is give the local guy a longer arm. It also gives them extra manpower," said Lee County sheriff's spokeswoman Sgt. Stephanie Eller.

and

http://www.usmarshals.gov/investigations/taskfrcs/rftfs/florida/agencies.pdf

In addition to the United States Marshals Service, eighty-eight (88) federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies currently participate in the Florida/Caribbean Regional Fugitive Task Force
On the list is Lee County Sheriff&#8217;s Office

It could be possible if he was asked and agreed to waive extradition. That has to happen in some court. However, he does have the right to fight (and lose) extradition to FL. I dont like it either. It could also be possible that FL doesnt get their fugitive warrent filed in a timely manner, and he actually does get released into the custody of a parole officer, to be placed in a halfway house, temporarily. I do not believe they will let that happen, but until the paperwork is processed properly and a judge signs off on it, they would have no reason to hold him. We all hate that MS is walking free, has his children still with him. At times the legal system seems maddening.

I wouldn't worry about JR being released in MO. IMO, there is a plan in place for JR's transfer from federal to FL state custody. As SeeSeas pointed out above, US Marshals will be involved.

LCSO has likely already filed a &#8216;detainer&#8217; against JR&#8230;..
http://www.prisonconsultinggroup.com/dismiss-your-detainers.php
Interstate Agreement on Detainers Act (IADA)
A detainer is a request &#8220;to hold&#8221; which is filed against an inmate by a criminal justice agency, usually a state, with the federal prison in which the inmate is incarcerated. This detainer requires the federal prison to either hold the inmate for the state agency or to notify the state agency when release of the prisoner is near and pending. The state will then, upon the completion of the inmate&#8217;s sentence, pick him up and transport him back to the state in which the detainer was initially lodged.

USDOJ - http://www.justice.gov/usam/criminal-resource-manual-534-interstate-agreement-detainers

I'm certain that SMS has everything lined up for JRR. And, just as a little aside I believe JRR gave up his "rights" when he decided to accompany CWW to FL and commit a brutal act.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are only two people who need to be concerned about JR.

There are only two people who need to be concerned about JR.

LOL @ Chelly
And I'm willing to bet "those two" are very scared. :happydance:
His boss in Missouri said JR had a big mouth and liked to "brag" about his criminal past. Lets just hope he's been "bragging" all about his trip to Florida.

LOL @ Chelly
And I'm willing to bet "those two" are very scared. :happydance:
His boss in Missouri said JR had a big mouth and liked to "brag" about his criminal past. Lets just hope he's been "bragging" all about his trip to Florida.

Don't forget JR's smart remark RE: 15 year sentence for second degree murder isn't so bad. I can't wait until first degree charges are on the table. A wonderful way to welcome JR back to FL! :jail:

Don't forget JR's smart remark RE: 15 year sentence for second degree murder isn't so bad. I can't wait until first degree charges are on the table. A wonderful way to welcome JR back to FL! :jail:

CS ~ haven't seen you in awhile, it's good to see you back.
LOL I do remember JR making that ridiculous statement. For once in his life he didn't want to BRAG at all while he was being questioned.

**He refused to provide statements. His only comment when charged with murder. “In the state of Missouri, second degree murder is punishable by 15 to 20 years and I’m okay with that.”

Hey Jimmy the hammer :shush: go to OTHER > :phone: What about second degree murder charges in Florida? Are you still okay with that now???
How about first degree murder charges?...cause they're coming.
The state of Florida welcomes you back :sunshine:

Lot's of Statements here we can also revisit. I'm bored today :waiting:

**http://www.news-press.com/story/news/crime/2015/12/01/interviews-wright-arrest/76445426/

Are we so sure they will charge them with first degree murder?

Rodgers will be sentenced on Sept. 2 for violating probation and will serve at least four months in federal prison in Missouri, with a maximum of 10. Any extradition proceedings will take place after he serves his time.

Maybe they will just hold on to him longer.

Rodgers will be sentenced on Sept. 2 for violating probation and will serve at least four months in federal prison in Missouri, with a maximum of 10. Any extradition proceedings will take place after he serves his time.

So are you saying he may be held on the federal charges until July? Why did I think he was supposed to be headed south in March? I suppose I missed something up thread.

IIRC.... JR was sentenced to serve 6 mos in MO---sentencing for his violation ranged from 4-10 mos (as reported by MSM), they gave him 6 mos. I posted here somewhere that based on that 6 mos, he should be extradited around March 1 BUT I don't think anyone responded to my post. I was curious if I was correct or not.

Anyone else know? Please correct me if I'm wrong. I was going by reports I heard more than once.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc
Back