2016.04.21 Bond Reduction Hearing thread

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Mark's Attorney speaks to the press, post ruling (hope this link works. had a hard time determining a direct link If not, it is on WINK's main news page and their FB page

https://www.facebook.com/winknewstv/

I loved Mummert's reaction to the question about CWW's testimony against MS. He said something to the effect that he'd let the reporters determine how much weight to give the word of a convicted felon. But his answer seemed too preposterous even to him--he broke into what could serve as the perfect illustration of a "s@%$-eating grin."

Prosecuting attorney did a great job. He waited until Mummert asked Mark when he was last in Missouri (to attend Wright's wedding) to get into the Wright-Sievers connection, then ended up entering into evidence Wright's sworn testimony against Sievers. Gotcha! Then Mummert stepped in it again by asking the lead detective if it wasn't true that Wright was never paid for the murder. Answer: "That is incorrect." Turns out he was paid, and said in a sworn statement that he used the money from Mark's check to cover the expenses of traveling to Florida to commit the murder. I thought attorneys were never supposed to ask questions to which they don't know the answer? Mummert seems out of his league in this case.

Also funny was that Mark's female tenant in his Missouri condo was, at the time the condo was searched, "in custody."

I loved Mummert's reaction to the question about CWW's testimony against MS. He said something to the effect that he'd let the reporters determine how much weight to give the word of a convicted felon. But his answer seemed too preposterous even to him--he broke into what could serve as the perfect illustration of a "s@%$-eating grin."

Prosecuting attorney did a great job. He waited until Mummert asked Mark when he was last in Missouri (to attend Wright's wedding) to get into the Wright-Sievers connection, then ended up entering into evidence Wright's sworn testimony against Sievers. Gotcha! Then Mummert stepped in it again by asking the lead detective if it wasn't true that Wright was never paid for the murder. Answer: "That is incorrect." Turns out he was paid, and said in a sworn statement that he used the money from Mark's check to cover the expenses of traveling to Florida to commit the murder. I thought attorneys were never supposed to ask questions to which they don't know the answer? Mummert seems out of his league in this case.

Also funny was that Mark's female tenant in his Missouri condo was, at the time the condo was searched, "in custody."

Wright must've had a lot to say in his sworn statement. The transcript was a couple inches thick. Can't wait to hear.

I still have a hard time hearing it with headphones. He said he didn't have Theresa's name removed from the home deed?

You can amplify the sound on your computer beyond 100%. Go to control panel, sound, then click speakers, then properties, then enhancements, then check the box where it says loudness equalization, then ok it.

-Nin

OMG! I cannot stress how grateful I am to this judge and his ruling. Of course Mark Sievers came back from Conneticut - he thought he had the perfect alibi and thought he was going to get away with the murder. GMAB Mr Murmett! I honestly think now that Mark truly believed that Curtis would never give him up- that is some friendship- huh? Or, is it something more... at least for Curtis? In my thinking- it has to be.

Mark Sievers is a very dangerous man- he makes those other two felons look like amateurs. I came back from vacation just last night and was so afraid what might happen today- thank goodness justice prevailed.

I can't help but think that if there is a silver lining to the tragic murder of Teresa that it is the fact that those two little girls got away from their madman of a father- possibly FOREVER. Had Teresa just divorced Mark he probably would have gotten equal custody of the girls and he would have had time with them often enough and alone with them to continue to poison their young minds further and destroy any independence, mental health or futures they may have had. Maybe that's why she didn't divorce him- on some cellular level she knew what that could mean for her precious daughters?

Let's get this trial going, let's get these girls legally and permanently with Mary Ann and put this monster away for life.

I was so worried for CK, the cooperating testifying witness in MO, TaSh, and even AW, if he was to make bond. I have a feeling this turn of events will boad well for the dependency hearing- crossing my fingers and saying a prayer. Thank you to everyone here posting so that I was at least able to keep up at times from my trip.

Oh my goodness. Biting my nails the whole time. I woke up to Wink livestream fb notification of MS hearing. I'm running around the house like a mad woman trying to find a set of earbuds, i have 3 kids and tons of electronics but I can't find one single pair in the entire house. Trying to connect the phone to the stereo speakers, not working. Computer isn't working. I finally grab a bowl and stick my phone in to amplify audio. I'm shushing hubby all the while and he is just looking at me like I've finally lost my mind. So glad the reduction was denied!
You're too funny. Just like you were, I was looking all over for ear buds as well. Knowing testimony starts soon and courtrooms are notorious for occasional weak audio, I guess we better have an extra pair of ear buds at our ready.

Sworn statement by CWW - Defense asking detective -

Downs confirms CWW said he did receive payment

By check

Check issued was written off a different account than the usual payment for tech services paid
I'm still reading, so I don't know if anything has changed on this. Just had to say, OMG! Of all times to leave a freaking paper trail! [emoji38]

I loved seeing MS getting so annoyed and agitated, even at his own lawyer.
Maybe the prosecution (wouldn't it be great to sub-contract Juan for a week?) can ultimately get MS worked up into a tizzy that he will take the stand and testify. I can hear him now " I refuse to be stifled"

^^^ ahahahaha! Wow- he can barely stifle the rage in his voice. That's what that frog is- not fear, not nerves-just stuffed rage at the fact that anyone can tell HIM how it's going to go!

MS: Do I have to answer that Judge?
Judge: Yes you do
MS: (not looking or sounding happy) Mary Ann Groves

How about that state attorney pointing out the reason for the "last trip to Missouri"? Shows how READY this prosecutor is and how UNPREPARED the lawyer is for MS. As soon as his lawyer asked MS when he was last in Missouri and for how long I thought "BINGO!" because we all know it was for the AW and CWW wedding!

My new heroes? Sgt. Mike Downs - Lee County. Clearly knows how to testify and KNOWS this case AND the State Attorney - so well prepared!

Does anyone have his name, he needs to be publicly acknowledged!

How about that state attorney pointing out the reason for the "last trip to Missouri"? Shows how READY this prosecutor is and how UNPREPARED the lawyer is for MS. As soon as his lawyer asked MS when he was last in Missouri and for how long I thought "BINGO!" because we all know it was for the AW and CWW wedding!

My new heroes? Sgt. Mike Downs - Lee County. Clearly knows how to testify and KNOWS this case AND the State Attorney - so well prepared!

Does anyone have his name, he needs to be publicly acknowledged!

Hamid Hunter

He did a great job today. Well prepared and very wise, strategically speaking. They all played right into his hands. It was a beautiful display.

How long will it take for this go to trial now? Every state is different but this never ending saga is brutal for the girls.

Wright must've had a lot to say in his sworn statement. The transcript was a couple inches thick. Can't wait to hear.

It looked as thick as those old phone books we all used to get.
Hearing this morning:
From discovery pages 43,380 to 43,629 = 249 pages from CWW. I wrote that down as I was watching and trying to listen.

My new heroes? Sgt. Mike Downs - Lee County. Clearly knows how to testify and KNOWS this case

<snipped>

Crush. :heartluv:

It was already obvious how good looking he is but now I know he's smart and composed too.

It looked as thick as those old phone books we all used to get.
Hearing this morning:
From discovery pages 43,380 to 43,629 = 249 pages from CWW. I wrote that down as I was watching and trying to listen.

Great call, Dmacky! Can't wait to read what CWW stated. I am sooooo glad MS was denied as I know we all are!

How long will it take for this go to trial now? Every state is different but this never ending saga is brutal for the girls.

It's nearly impossible to give an accurate time estimate because there are so many variables - the defendant, the lawyers, the judge, the evidence, the investigation....

However, all unknown things considered, I would venture to guess about another year, give or take a few months.

^^^ ahahahaha! Wow- he can barely stifle the rage in his voice. That's what that frog is- not fear, not nerves-just stuffed rage at the fact that anyone can tell HIM how it's going to go!
Frigga...Definitely lots of "head bobbing, anticipation, shoulder adjusting, aggravation, Valley Girl Impatience, and body language suggesting frustration" he even had to appear and answer questions. Sometimes I get someone like him (women, too) in my office....unprincipled nouveau riche...who have managed to impress the yokels.
Just a thought, but what if his relatives are afraid of him being released, too?? Things must be "financially thin" for his brother and Mother to only offer to pony up 10% of the requested bail of $250,000. I'm thinking it must be tough (a TOKEN offering to keep peace in the family??) decision for a septuagenarian retiree and/or a working man (with a family dependent upon him) to be willing to mortgage their futures, so MS can be dependent on them, while he awaits trial.
HIGH FIVES to posting pals and prosecutors....and may The Judge be blessed for three generations!
Yes, NIN,,,,,it is a BEAUTIFUL DAY!!
Time for my excessive celebration touchdown video!! ENJOY!! (Still a great song Paulie!)
[video=youtube;aAufsbOoQws]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAufsbOoQws[/video]

LMAO at Mark trying to sound so "lawyerish". On the video, when being questioned by SA Hamid Hunter regarding the possibilities of collecting the life insurance proceeds according to case law authority & applicable statutes, he responds, "I do not know sir, that's beyond my scope." :lol:

Oh please. Other than those of us who work in this field, who talks like that? Heck, I'm a paralegal and I never even talk like that. GMAB

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinny
Back