2024 Hurricane and Tropical Weather

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I will advise people on the Gulf Coast to keep their heads up. Models are predicting that a new disturbance will form in the Caribbean and will pose a threat starting next week.

The GFS is forecasting a strong Category 1 hurricane hitting Florida's panhandle. The big 945-mb circle on the right is future Kirk which won't threaten land.

Screenshot 2024-09-28 at 17-18-42 GFS Model – MSLP Norm. Anomaly for North Atlantic Tropical T...png

bbm
According to NOLA.com, Helene was larger than roughly 90% of all other storms to form in the last 20 years. The National Hurricane Center has used Helene extensively, 24 times throughout the decades, but there will be no more. Hurricane Helene will now be formally retired

View attachment 534202

An American flag flies over the destroyed city hall in the aftermath of Hurricane Helene, in Horseshoe Beach.

View attachment 534203

The ruins of city hall are seen in the aftermath of Hurricane Helene, in Horseshoe Beach, Florida.

:(
It's shocking and heart-breaking to see the extreme damage and destruction caused by Helene in the Appalachians. Homes, roads, bridges gone. Recovery is going to take a long, long time. I'm in central NC so the mountains are just a few hours from us. I can hardly take in what has happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova
Back