2024 Hurricane and Tropical Weather

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That looks like two storms, so much water ahead of the actual hurricane. This is setting up to be just like Helene in WNC & Tn, so rain prior to the actual storm arriving causing catastrophic flooding.
It is 2 storms. We had about 6" of water this weekend from the precursor storm here. Supposedly Milton is only bringing several inches, but if it is more than that, a lot of Palm Beach County will be in serious trouble from floods.

Slightly off at a tangent, but does anyone else remember Israel Keyes talking in one of his interviews about relocating to the SE USA specifically because it would be easy to prey upon victims amongst the chaos? His plan was to live and work as a mobile contractor moving between disaster areas.

"Both the Houston Texans and the Glazer family,
which owns the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Manchester United,
have each pledged $1 million.

'Our hearts go out to all of those impacted by Hurricane Helene,
and the NFL is committed to doing our part to help the affected communities recover',
NFL Vice President of Philanthropy and Executive Director of the NFL Foundation Alexia Gallagher said in a statement.

'The NFL is privileged to play a vital role in communities across the country,
and we are proud to work with the Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, Houston Texans and Tampa Bay Buccaneers
to provide critical resource and support to those in need'."

1728313868355.jpeg

Bugger. I have very elderly rather distant cousins in Lakeland. They have a good, strong community around them so they won't be facing Milton without support.
My 84 year-old dad and 79 year-old step-mom are in Lakeland. They live with my step-brother, and are beyond stubborn when it comes to hurricanes/tropical storms. The property is prone to very bad flooding. Neither of them are in good health. I'm really worried about this one. I wish they would evacuate to their friends in Valdosta.

My 84 year-old dad and 79 year-old step-mom are in Lakeland. They live with my step-brother, and are beyond stubborn when it comes to hurricanes/tropical storms. The property is prone to very bad flooding. Neither of them are in good health. I'm really worried about this one. I wish they would evacuate to their friends in Valdosta.
From the looks of things Lakeland might be getting Milton as a Cat 4. I'd urge them to leave.

We are in South Venice, about midway between Tampa and Ft. Meyers. We are heading north to my dad’s in north Georgia early tomorrow. We are only a mile or so from the gulf and the storm surge they are calling for is scary. We made it through Ian with light damage and if it’s just wind, I think we will be fine, but nothing wins against the storm surge.

Praying for all of you evacuating or hunkering down.

From the looks of things Lakeland might be getting Milton as a Cat 4. I'd urge them to leave.
Just texted them, and they're staying put. Said they have a generator, plenty of gas, and lots of supplies. Not feeling good about their decision but, like I said, they're stubborn. All of that prepping is fine, but Milton is strengthening so fast :/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kr1230
Back